UNC board of gov

These are the folks who can thumbs up or down the student fee for football. Looking at their addresses, it scares the life out of me. Mostly eastern NC.

I think we need to respectfully and tactfully flood them with emails when the time is right. Mostly use talking points from Mac Everett’s letter to Dubois.

http://www.northcarolina.edu/content.php/apps/secretary/admin_directory/view_by_org.php?org=1&group=Null

In the letter, pretend like you think Eastern style BBQ is better than Western.

[QUOTE=stonecoldken;326376]In the letter, pretend like you think Eastern style BBQ is better than Western.[/QUOTE]

If one had tastebuds, one wouldn’t have to pretend.

These are the folks who can thumbs up or down the student fee for football. Looking at their addresses, it scares the life out of me. Mostly eastern NC.
Tell them UNCC wants to add degrees in growing tobacky and raising hawgs along with football.
In the letter, pretend like you think Eastern style BBQ is better than Western.

Oh, there’s no need to pretend.

McCrory as Governor wouldn’t hurt. Same old story whether it’s UNC Charlotte or the Charlotte area. State government is in Raleigh and the power is in the Eastern part of the state.

Eastern Style BBQ sucks. There are hardly any good BBQ places in the entire RTP area. All garbage.

[QUOTE=Powerbait;326454]Eastern Style BBQ sucks. There are hardly any good BBQ places in the entire RTP area. All garbage.[/QUOTE]

Go to Bullock’s in Durham.

Been there, it is the best place in town. But it is not as good as Lexington BBQ, not even close.

Also, 90% of the places around here use more vinager than BBQ sauce, it is gross.

[QUOTE=Powerbait;326457]Been there, it is the best place in town. But it is not as good as Lexington BBQ, not even close.

Also, 90% of the places around here use more vinager than BBQ sauce, it is gross.[/QUOTE]

I agree it’s not better than Lexington, but it’s a lot closer …

god I must of missed the “what bbq do u like” in the thread title

The SGA ‘Lobby Corps’ actually sent a letter to all the UNC BoG members last semester. However, I really don’t even think we’ll need to get the fee cap exception, and that’s the only reason the UNC system would need to be involved. See the numbers below:

Date-max increase-new fee
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]09-10 - $ 46.96 - $769.46[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]10-11 - [SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]$ 50.02 - $819.48[/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]11-12 - $ 53.27 - $872.74[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]12-13 - $ 56.73 - $929.47[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
This would give us $206.97 in fees increased by the system cap of 6.5% per year. Yes, that would be an entire class paying increasing fees for something they will never witness, but we have all done that with things like the student union. I say we forget the BoG and do it all ourselves.

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;326458]I agree it’s not better than Lexington, but it’s a lot closer …[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I can get behind that. There is supposed to be a really good BBQ place between Chapel Hill and Hillsborough off 86.

[QUOTE=metro;326459]god I must of missed the “what bbq do u like” in the thread title[/QUOTE]

What, you’re acting like you started this thread or something.

god I must of missed the "what bbq do u like" in the thread title

lol yeah this one got threadjacked in a hurry

[QUOTE=darrenmoorehead;326461]The SGA ‘Lobby Corps’ actually sent a letter to all the UNC BoG members last semester. However, I really don’t even think we’ll need to get the fee cap exception, and that’s the only reason the UNC system would need to be involved. See the numbers below:

Date-max increase-new fee
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]09-10 - $ 46.96 - $769.46[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]10-11 - [SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]$ 50.02 - $819.48[/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]11-12 - $ 53.27 - $872.74[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]12-13 - $ 56.73 - $929.47[/SIZE][/FONT]

This would give us $206.97 in fees increased by the system cap of 6.5% per year. Yes, that would be an entire class paying increasing fees for something they will never witness, but we have all done that with things like the student union. I say we forget the BoG and do it all ourselves.[/QUOTE]

The cap is on tuition and fees combined. For the fee to increase that much, tuition would have to stay flat for four years.

The cap is on tuition and fees combined. For the fee to increase that much, tuition would have to stay flat for four years.

Actually, the numbers I calculated were based on just the general fee. I calculated out the total increase Charlotte can do per year with everything combined, and we can raise the total student obligation a max of $156.55 in the first year, which allows an approx. $100 increase in non-football fees.

Nice try, though.

allen and son BBQ

Yeah, I can get behind that. There is supposed to be a really good BBQ place between Chapel Hill and Hillsborough off 86.

What, you’re acting like you started this thread or something.

Would be a piece of cake if we got a fair shake when it comes to funding.
Eastern Style BBQ sucks. There are hardly any good BBQ places in the entire RTP area. All garbage.

Think further east. Raleigh sucks at everything.

B’s in Greenille is great…they sell out every day before 2:00. Little shack looking place where you just pick up your Q, they have picnic tables outside.

Also Parker’s BBQ in Greenville (worked there for 3 years in school). Al Roker came and did a piece on them when I was there.

[QUOTE=mjmorgan;326478]allen and son BBQ[/QUOTE]

That’s the one, still haven’t made my way there.

[QUOTE=pir8fan05;326480]Think further east. Raleigh sucks at everything.

B’s in Greenille is great…they sell out every day before 2:00. Little shack looking place where you just pick up your Q, they have picnic tables outside.

Also Parker’s BBQ in Greenville (worked there for 3 years in school). Al Roker came and did a piece on them when I was there.[/QUOTE]

I’m not a big fan of the town of Greenville, so even if the bbq is great, I don’t want to have to spend time there to get it.