UNC-CH 10 layers deep

The mothership gets bad pub, oh my!

Raleigh News & Observer: [URL=http://www.newsobserver.com/news/higher_education/story/1616489.html][B][U]UNC Chapel Hill top heavy, consultant says[/U][/B][/URL]

I wonder if the same issues exist on Highway 49? :shades:

This was in the Disturber, too…online anyway. Funny, comments section wasn’t available when I read it (may be now). And I’d bet this is an issue at many a University (and corporations of all kind for that matter)

[QUOTE=HP49er;420417]
I wonder if the same issues exist on Highway 49? :shades:[/QUOTE]

I’d imagine it’s the same at most govt institutions.

[QUOTE=HP49er;420417]I wonder if the same issues exist on Highway 49? :shades:[/QUOTE]

Let me field that one.

YES.

[QUOTE=49erAlumnus;420432]Let me field that one.

YES.[/QUOTE]

lol. Just as I imagined. The org chart probably looks like an upside down triangle.

[QUOTE=VA49er;420442]lol. Just as I imagined. The org chart probably looks like an upside down triangle.[/QUOTE]

It’s not that bad. I’ll guarantee you that things are far worse in Chapel Hill. They get whatever they want and then some. We have a far more difficult time getting new postions approved. In fact, Charlotte has the reputation of getting more done with less. Chapel Hill couldn’t survive on what we get by on. The problem on our campus is that there are some people that seem to get paid just to make things more difficult. Now we could really save some $ by getting rid of them…

I would assume that UNC-CH’s budget is a part of the State of NC’s budget. If so, then UNC-CH is 10% of the total state budget. Wow.

Wachovia with 140,000 employees has over 99% of its people within 9 layers of the CEO. Is that 10 layers deep? The CEO is layer 1. Can UNC-CH even be 10% of the size of Wachovia?

yep, the benchmark annual 7% increase in tuition $ is gonna be a killer for many families if they keep on bloating themselves.

The problem on our campus is that there are some people that seem to get paid just to make things more difficult. Now we could really save some $ by getting rid of them...
Who?

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;420556]Who?[/QUOTE]

#1 Chancellor
#2 Whoever runs the PR department.

#1 Chancellor #2 Whoever runs the PR department.

Why #2?

[QUOTE=wayton5646;420589]Why #2?[/QUOTE]

:huh:

Are you for real? We have the worst PR!

I hope “Stake Your Claim” works but up to this point our PR department is 0 for 1,000,000,000.

The mothership gets bad pub, oh my!

Raleigh News & Observer: UNC Chapel Hill top heavy, consultant says

Hater

[QUOTE=Ace;420600]Hater[/QUOTE]
And [SIZE=7][B]DAMN[/B][/SIZE] proud to be one!

Are you for real? We have the worst PR!

I hope “Stake Your Claim” works but up to this point our PR department is 0 for 1,000,000,000.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn’t that fall more on the marketing department?