UNC-CH at Charlotte Med School

When does UNC-CH @ Charlotte Med School open?
We should seriously get together, & have a protest outside of CMC when it opens to show that it should be the U. of Charlotte Med School.
Also, when are we going to march on DuBois’ house to demand a football team?

i thought we were gonna have a rally for football. ive have heard anything about that since. i agree though, we really should protest this.

unc-chapel hill at charlotte med school will be the end if chp does not fight against it with everything we have. if we let or encourage it to happen i will pull my yearly donation to academics and my yearly donation to athletics. i will drive to school. tell chp what a jackass he is to his face. then leave and never step foot on the campus again. i’ll take the money i save. and spend it on a nice 2 week vacation to an exotic place.

unc-chapel hill at charlotte med school will be the end if chp does not fight against it with everything we have. if we let or encourage it to happen i will pull my yearly donation to academics and my yearly donation to athletics. i will drive to school. tell chp what a jackass he is to his face. then leave and never step foot on the campus again. i'll take the money i save. and spend it on a nice 2 week vacation to an exotic place.

…or something like that. I’m so disturbed by many things with my school. I just don’t know what I’d do, but it won’t be warm and fuzzy.

Can somebody post CHP’s comments on the UNC-CH-Charlotte-Med-School?

[QUOTE=gotLutz;324977]Can somebody post CHP’s comments on the UNC-CH-Charlotte-Med-School?[/QUOTE]

http://www.redorbit.com/news/health/758073/carolinas_healthcare_explores_deal_with_unc_board_approves_study_on/index.html

[QUOTE]Some have urged UNCC to start its own medical school, but Dubois said UNCC is 13th in funding in the UNC system and could not afford such an expensive proposition.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]A medical school branch could also mean exciting things for UNC Charlotte, said Chancellor Phil Dubois.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]said Mark Clemens, UNCC’s vice chairman for research in biology. “… Having this more formalized connection with Chapel Hill will just be a great thing for biomedical research in the Charlotte region.”[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]A Charlotte medical school satellite would help UNC address the recent call by the Association of American Medical Colleges for a 30 percent increase in medical school enrollment by 2015. That would add about 5,000 students to the 16,000 U.S. medical students enrolled annually.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]UNC’s Roper said Charlotte is a logical choice for a branch campus because of high growth and excellent health care facilities.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]some branch campuses are talking about becoming independent medical schools, said Edward Salsberg, of the Association of American Medical Colleges. “It’s critical that [B]the community[/B] makes a decision based on its own resources.”

North Carolina has four medical schools, at Chapel Hill, Duke University in Durham, Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, and East Carolina University in Greenville.

If a Charlotte medical school campus materializes, UNC’s Roper said legislators, who already appropriate money for the Chapel Hill campus, will be asked for financial help. “We need the money,” he said.[/QUOTE]

You “need the money”? I’m sure Dick Spangler, the Charlotte Observer editorial board, etc. can give you an idea on how to better manage your finances.

I was upset about this whole thing at the begining, but I got over it. I changed how I was looking at it.

Fact: We get screwed on funding.
Fact: Crap hole hill seems to get what they want financially plus what we were denied.
Fact: As much as I despise Chapel Hill, they have a very good med school.

This could be a good deal. We let them establish the school with their money and grow it with their reputation and then take over it for them in the next 5-10 years. I don’t think CHP has that sort of foresight, so I don’t know who would make this happen, but I wouldn’t surprised to find out this is a plan down the road. Too much stuff in life sucks to get add this to the list, so I decided to add this to my “Hopes and pipe-dreams” list. I think this could be a reality.

[QUOTE=ChevEE;324981]I was upset about this whole thing at the begining, but I got over it. I changed how I was looking at it.

Fact: Crap hole hill seems to get what they want financially plus what we were denied.

This could be a good deal. We let them establish the school with their money and grow it with their reputation and then take over it for them in the next 5-10 years. I don’t think CHP has that sort of foresight, so I don’t know who would make this happen, but I wouldn’t surprised to find out this is a plan down the road. Too much stuff in life sucks to get add this to the list, so I decided to add this to my “Hopes and pipe-dreams” list. I think this could be a reality.[/QUOTE]

With all due respect ChevEE, if you believe that UNC Chapel Hill is going to give up control 5 to 10 years down the road, then that must be some good stuff you’re smoking! If such assurances are not given up front, I’m afraid it ain’t going to happen!

In speaking with Dr. Dubois about this very subject last November, he mentioned that a Chapel Hill branch medical school would be good for some of our ancillary (medical) curriculum (my interpretation of what he said). In other words, “You (Charlotte) provide the nurses (etc.) and we’ll (Chapel Hill) will provide the doctors.”

[QUOTE=ChevEE;324981]I was upset about this whole thing at the begining, but I got over it. I changed how I was looking at it.

This could be a good deal. We let them establish the school with their money and grow it with their reputation and then take over it for them in the next 5-10 years. I don’t think CHP has that sort of foresight, so I don’t know who would make this happen, but I wouldn’t surprised to find out this is a plan down the road. Too much stuff in life sucks to get add this to the list, so I decided to add this to my “Hopes and pipe-dreams” list. I think this could be a reality.[/QUOTE]

There is no way in hell Chapel Hill gives up a medical school to Charlotte. This is just another example of the leadership in the UNC system taking care of the only university in the state that matters to them.

I really hate the UNC system, I wish Charlotte could go private!

Actually, there’s still time to lobby the legislature to block the funding from the state for the medical school. I believe the vote on the budget doesn’t take place until sometime this week or next. Any Charlotte alum in the triangle who can lobby for us since CHP refuses to take off the sky blue tie?

...or something like that. I'm so disturbed by many things with my school. I just don't know what I'd do, but it won't be warm and fuzzy.

its nearly impossible to find an employee of the school who defends his arrogant actions.

Phil Dubois is a tyrant.

wait until the observer starts promoting the charlotte branch of the chapel hill med school. **** will hit the fan then. they’ll tell the world we don’t have the money. but they won’t tell anyone WHY we don’t have the money. and that ****ing asshole will be on here telling us chapel hill should put their med school on our campus because chapel hill is part of the charlotte region.

and chp will think he’s done something special because he’s too much of a ***** to stand up to chapel hill. i hope he’s ready to be the laughing stock of charlotte.