UNC Charlotte Barnes and Noble Deal

Does Hill have anything to do with the B&N contract, and does the Athletic Dept own our logo, or is it the University?

You can say what you want about the pricing or selection but to say their isnā€™t a brick and mortar store at the fb stadium is false.

Thereā€™s basically a stand at the stadium, and itā€™s selection is very limited. Iā€™m okay with that, but Iā€™d like to see an upgrade of some form there too.

Can we only have one merchandising contract? Is that the way it works at most of the P5 schools? Just curious because I see those schoolsā€™ items on sites all across the internet. Was wondering if they had singular merchandising contracts or multiple ones. We definitely need something new/else. If we can get a merchandising contract with several folks, that would at least get more items available.

Universities with popular brands usually get to call the shots on how many distributors and suppliers they work with.

The exact opposite also applies.

Universities with low popular brands usually get told the shots by distributors and suppliers they work with.

Do we have a weak brand or something?

We probably have a worse brand/distribution than some high schools in the US. Iā€™ve been told by vendors in Charlotte and beyond that they canā€™t get more Charlotte stuff because of distribution. Definitely need to rework the contract for that. B&N is the worst and the lady in charge at the bookstore is a horrible at her job from what Iā€™ve heard.

I heard a lot about ā€œcanā€™t get Charlotte gearā€ in the past too. Then this guy opened a bookstore near Grays about 10 years ago, and he had tons of stuff I hadnā€™t seen elsewhere. If you just take the effort as a vendor to work with a manufacturer, they will get the CLC rights to put the logos on their line of gear. There is tons of stuff that is low hanging fruit (think Russell or Starter brands) and beyond if the retail outlets are willing to press their relationships with the big brands. I saw a guy stock a store full of Niner gear at reasonable prices that you couldnā€™t get elsewhere. It can be done.

1 Like

Well we need someone to do that in the University area for sure! Really sad Grays closed because they had the best selection of gear anywhere.

Yeah, theyre lazy.

Gaw! That says it all right there! Pathetic.