UNC Charlotte is now the third largest uni in the state

Perhaps we should act like it

So athletic budget increases continue to be on autopilot - no wonder there is no sense of urgency.

Well, they did say they were short on money this year because of paying cost of attendance and the lower tv contract revenue. They decided to makeup the shortfall by cutting back on the MBB pregame dinner for lower-tier donors.

How many students?

Good to see familiar faces on the twitter comments.

clt doesn’t want to sound like a certain former poster, but we need to quit using “UNCC”.

thats nice now can our football team make it to a bowl game and mens bball & baseball teams get back to the ncaa tournament

this. wonder where they pulled the stats from. Time to google.

Each school as an Institutional Research division. They’re just comparing each school’s numbers in the system. The UNC system publishes those data (eventually).

http://advancement.uncc.edu/newsletter-stories/record-shattering

23,914 undergrads
5,403 master’s and doctoral students
40 percent of undergraduates are first-generation college students

Total 29,317

Number 3 is great, as long as we do not sacrifice quality for quantity.

[quote=“emf, post:11, topic:31075”]http://advancement.uncc.edu/newsletter-stories/record-shattering

23,914 undergrads
5,403 master’s and doctoral students
40 percent of undergraduates are first-generation college students

Total 29,317[/quote]

geez 40% first generation college students that number really surprises me

clt says we are not. It is not easy to be a 49er.

Just a s load of applicants.

clt says we are not. It is not easy to be a 49er.

Just a s load of applicants.[/quote]
I agree. This is a tougher University than when I went.

This. I do not want to be the ECU of western/central North Carolina.

I’m proud of how we’ve upped our admissions standards. I’d also like to see us up our graduation rates.

This. Like stated earlier I don’t want to be ECU or WCU. I want quality as well. Pretty cool though that we are the third largest school in the state and on our way to possibly #1.

This. Like stated earlier I don’t want to be ECU or WCU. I want quality as well. Pretty cool though that we are the third largest school in the state and on our way to possibly #1.[/quote]

The BOG will never allow us to be #1.

This. Like stated earlier I don’t want to be ECU or WCU. I want quality as well. Pretty cool though that we are the third largest school in the state and on our way to possibly #1.[/quote]

The BOG will never allow us to be #1.[/quote]
Sadly you may be right, but I choose to remain somewhat hopeful…however doesn’t matter if we are #1 if we sacrifice quality to get there.

And the #3 Univ does not have a law school or medical college!