UNC CHARLOTTE OWNED ONCE AGAIN

Posted in this forum due to activity. Mods may move later…

[URL=http://www.charlotte.com/breaking_news/story/654919.html][B][U]Budget allots less than UNCC expected[/U][/B][/URL], Charlotte Observer

Ask for $5.8 million and you receive $1.5 million or 25%. Perhaps we have the wrong leadership in place asking for the funding.

its a tight budget year, most of the universities aren’t getting what they’re asking for. there is still hope in the senate though. basnight tends to favor spending money on large capital projects which bodes well for us.

so we got jack? or did we just not get the 1.3 mil or 5.8 mil or whatever?

its a tight budget year, most of the universities aren't getting what they're asking for. there is still hope in the senate though. basnight tends to favor spending money on large capital projects which bodes well for us.

I don’t care how tight the budget is, there is absolutely no reason for a private, culinary institution to get a full million when we, a STATE UNIVERSITY can only be afforded $300,000 more. I don’t care what kind of incentives were put in place, the state has no right to provide for a private institution at the expense of a public institution. Is there nothing in the state constitution about this?

I don't care how tight the budget is, there is absolutely no reason for a private, culinary institution to get a full million when we, a STATE UNIVERSITY can only be afforded $300,000 more. I don't care what kind of incentives were put in place, the state has no right to provide for a private institution at the expense of a public institution. Is there nothing in the state constitution about this?

its not fair to us but they see it as bringing a new element to the states economy. Especially Charlottes.

Did UNC get what they asked for? What is CHP’s take on this? Or does he really not care as long as he gets his light rail?

15th out of 16 and we’re still getting the shaft?? DAMNIT this is old.

Folks,

There’s no other option. The students AND faculty are going to have to march on Raleigh.

It’s going to take a grand gesture to sway public opinion and put pressure on the politicians to do something.

Under CHP’s watch we continue to lag at the ass end of the UNC System food chain to the point where get in line behind a School whose mission is to provide tasty bundt cakes. Rifukingdiculous

It’s hard to get a fair shake when you don’t make enough noise. And its even harder to make noise when your lips are permanently stuck to the collective ass of the UNC System.

Thank you sir may I have another?

As some point we will be successfully morphed back to a community college or we get a leader who MAKES things happen. Unfortunately we are still in take what they give to you, smile and say thank you mode. At some point you need to bunch the bully right in the ****ing nose to get respect.

[QUOTE=s9er;323393]Under CHP’s watch we continue to lag at the ass end of the UNC System food chain to the point where get in line behind a School whose mission is to provide tasty bundt cakes. Rifukingdiculous

It’s hard to get a fair shake when you don’t make enough noise. And its even harder to make noise when your lips are permanently stuck to the collective ass of the UNC System.

As some point we will be successfully morphed back to a community college or we get a leader who MAKES things happen. Unfortunately we are still in take what they give to you, smile and say thank you mode. At some point you need to bunch the bully right in the ****ing nose to get respect.[/QUOTE]

This guys Admin has been a train wreck-> We’ve never had such an ineffective group leading the school.

[QUOTE=s9er;323393]Under CHP’s watch we continue to lag at the ass end of the UNC System food chain to the point where get in line behind a School whose mission is to provide tasty bundt cakes. [/QUOTE]

Funding was an issue under the previous leadership as well. It’s not an issue of who’s in charge on campus, it’s an issue of the UNC System being biased and unfair in how funds are alotted.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;323387]15th out of 16 and we’re still getting the shaft?? DAMNIT this is old.

Folks,

There’s no other option. The students AND faculty are going to have to march on Raleigh.

It’s going to take a grand gesture to sway public opinion and put pressure on the politicians to do something.[/QUOTE]

So when are you going to start marching?

i’m still waiting for the first observer bashing comment…:lmao:

So when are you going to start marching?

QFT

i’m ready to go, lets do it.:49ers:

[QUOTE=scollie41;323426]Funding was an issue under the previous leadership as well. It’s not an issue of who’s in charge on campus, it’s an issue of the UNC System being biased and unfair in how funds are alotted.[/QUOTE]

See what happens when you replace one yes man with another. Just because the old guy allowed it doens’t mean it’s okay. We need someone to rock the boat… and yet again I’m not sure we have a leader even willing to step in the boat, let alone rock it.

Enjoy your bundt cake Charlotte, you paid for it, might as well enjoy it.

Let me run the school for 6 months.

its a tight budget year, most of the universities aren't getting what they're asking for. there is still hope in the senate though. basnight tends to favor spending money on large capital projects which bodes well for us.
NC was projecting a surplus of at lesat $150 million. Now I'm not saying NC should spend every tax dollar taken in, but saying the budget is tight isn't a legit excuse.

http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/news/Stock%20News/1520071/

Let me run the school for 6 months.

haha I would absoluetly support a Wonderberger for Chancellor campaign.

[QUOTE=jfickett;323428]i’m still waiting for the first observer bashing comment…[/QUOTE] Why? Have they made some more degrading lies about us again today?

Why? Have they made some more degrading lies about us again today?
no, but they published the story, so they are automatically at fault for us getting lower funding.
no, but they published the story, so they are automatically at fault for us getting lower funding.
big difference is....now they need to write [U][B]upteen persuasive editorials on it!!![/B][/U]

not just print a one time news item