UNCA Game Notes

Charlotte49ers.com: Charlotte Hosts UNC Asheville Sunday

UNCA.edu: Bulldogs Men’s Basketball

GO NINERS! BEAT THE 'DOGS!

we HAVE to beat these guys by at least 25.

AT LEAST 25

Personally, I’ve been waiting for this game all year. Great rematch between Goggles Walker and Sir Iti. Hide the women and children :smiley:

We are going to beat these chumps by at least 90. We could win by triple digits, but we like to be nice hosts. B)

GO NINERS! BEAT UNC-TRASHVILLE!!!

[i]Originally posted by moss2k[/i]@Dec 17 2004, 12:24 PM [b] Great rematch between Goggles Walker and Sir Iti. [/b]
Oh yes! It says the shot blocker is up to 220 pounds now, still lighter than the Bulldog Diva.

Last season… 24-69 field goals, .348; 26-53 free throws, .491; 92 rebounds, 3.2; 3 steals; 86 blocks; 21 assists; 74 points, 2.6.
This season so far… 7-12 field goals, .583, 613 free throws, .462; 12 rebounds, 1.7; 2 steals; 18 blocks; 6 assists; 20 points, 2.9.

C. J. Walker, Center, 7-1 220 Sophomore, Raleigh, N.C./Sanderson HS
Overview: Improved rapidly and has the potential to be a great player for the Bulldogs…finished the year ranked 12th in the nation in blocked shots with a 2.9 per game average…worked hard in the off-season on offensive skills and should be even better this season.
2003-04: Set school record and led Big South in blocked shots with 86…tied school record for most blocked shots in a game with eight against Southern Conference champion East Tennessee State…scored seven points and had five rebounds at UNC Wilmington…opened college career with six points and six rebounds at N.C. State…scored four important points in Big South Tourney win at Winthrop.
Before UNCA: Played for head coach Cobie Joyner …senior year averaged 13 points, 11 rebounds and 11 blocks per game…was an all-conference player as a senior…named conference’s Defensive Player of the Year for three straight years…helped lead Sanderson to 16-13 overall record senior year.

[i]Originally posted by HP49er[/i]@Dec 17 2004, 01:58 PM [b] Oh yes! It says the shot blocker is up to 220 pounds now, still lighter than the Bulldog Diva. [/b]
ouch, I hope Goggles doesn't see that!!!! B)

we’ll win…but it won’t be a blow out…i guess a 19 point win, with only a 10 point lead at half. im not trying to be negative, just we always to play down to teams like this. GO NINERS

[i]Originally posted by moss2k+Dec 17 2004, 05:23 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (moss2k @ Dec 17 2004, 05:23 PM)

Oh yes! It says the shot blocker is up to 220 pounds now, still lighter than the Bulldog Diva.

quote of the year. clt says we win by 20

[i]Originally posted by Chisox17[/i]@Dec 17 2004, 01:14 PM [b] we HAVE to beat these guys by at least 25.

AT LEAST 25 [/b]

I am just curious, if we beat them by lss then 25, does that mean we should start back up Fire-Bobby-Lutz.com again?

:stuck_out_tongue:

I agree that we should win this game very easily.

They beat Montreat College 95-60 tonight.

UNC-A’s 3rd game in 5 days + 8 day break for us = Huge Niner win.

[i]Originally posted by switchfoot+Dec 17 2004, 10:23 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (switchfoot @ Dec 17 2004, 10:23 PM)
[i]Originally posted by HP49er[/i]@Dec 17 2004, 01:58 PM [b] helped lead Sanderson to 16-13 overall record senior year.

[/b]

and a heck of a season it was… :rolleyes:

I hadn’t noticed their schedule until now;
@Texas Tech 119-55, L
@Clemson 78-59, L
UNC Wilmington 57-54, L
@Maryland 96-72, L
@Charlotte ?
@Michigan State ?
@Michigan ?

With some other lesser teams in the middle. Still, that’s an impressive schedule for them - they should have gotten some great experience from them and do well in their conference.

Maryland beat them by 24 - don’t know if anybody watched any of that game but UNCA played the Terps close in the first half. If Maryland beat them by 24, so should we.

C.J. Walker and I graduated in the same 8th grade class at Caroll Middle School in Raleigh. He was pretty tall.