Uncle Kracker Arrestedin Raleigh for Sexual Assault

The story from Yahoo.com:

[QUOTE]RALEIGH, N.C. - Uncle Kracker, a former disc jockey for Kid Rock, was arrested early Friday on a second-degree sex offense charge, authorities said.

Raleigh police spokesman Jim Sughrue said a 26-year-old woman alleged that a man had committed a sexual act against her at the Ess Lounge, a downtown nightclub.

Kracker, 33, was arrested at a hotel in suburban Cary. He was being held at the Wake County Jail on a $5 million bond, Sughrue said.

Sughrue said police had obtained a warrant charging Kracker with second-degree forcible sex offense.

Kracker, whose real name is Matthew Shafer, was to appear in court Friday afternoon, said Wake County Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Phyllis Stevens.

A message left with his listed agency in Nashville, Tenn., wasn’t immediately returned, and a phone number for his listed management company in Harrison Township, Mich., was disconnected.

Kracker’s hits include “When the Sun Goes Down,” a duet with Kenny Chesney. The 33-year-old rock-country musician has also won acclaim for “Follow Me” and a cover version of Dobie Gray’s “Drift Away.”[/QUOTE]

[URL=http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070817/ap_en_ot/people_uncle_kracker_arrest_1][B][U][COLOR=Blue]Yahoo News: Uncle Kracker arrested in North Carolina[/COLOR][/U][/B][/URL]

…and from the News & Observer:

[QUOTE]The offense for which Shafer has been charged is a Class C felony that carries a minimum punishment of nearly [B]4 years in prison with a maximum jail sentence of more than 15 years[/B], according to the North Carolina general statutes.
[/QUOTE]

[URL=http://www.newsobserver.com/news/crime_safety/story/673746.html][B][U][COLOR=Red]Raleigh News & Observer.com: Musician Uncle Kracker jailed in Raleigh[/COLOR][/U][/B][/URL]

Kracker to the pokie? You would think Kracker wouldn’t have to resort to this with all of the honies he had hanging off of him in the Kenny Chesney video. My bet is he was under the influence.

I don’t see how he could take advantage of her in public. Surely someone would have interfered to protect the girl if this was legit.

maybe he grabbed a boob?

i think he exposed himself

I don’t condone exposing yourself or grabbing a boob against someone’s will, but damn 4-15 years?
Murderers get off for less.

not to accuse anyone of anything, but everyone think how easy it would be if you were just a random woman at a club or bar or something, and you were trying to get with or talking to a celebrity…and you were like hey…maybe i can make a lot of cash by accusing this celebrity of assaulting me…

idk…not like i like uncle kracker or anything…im just saying…this happens a lot and people are so quick to judge the celebrity…this seems like it would be an “easy” way to get a lot of cash from a celeb…who knows.

At least the judge had sense enough to reduce bond from $5 million to $75,000.

[URL=http://www.newsobserver.com/102/story/674807.html][B]A sex charge for a sort-of celebrity[/B][/URL], Raleigh News & Observer

What exactly would he have to have done to be charged with a felony? Is grabbing a female body part a felony, or did he “whip it out” to get the felony charge? Still, wouldn’t whipping it out just be an indecent exposure charge?

I don’t know the laws when it comes to this stuff, I’m just curious as to what he would have to have done to draw felony charges.