UNCW Away Game 12-7-19 2:00 Tip

I am in 220 surrounded by Seahawk fans. Lol

2 Likes

UNCW came out with a base man defense and no ball pressure. they switched to full court and some zone especially in the 2nd half. If we can handle the on ball pressure from defenders better we will be a good team. Teams that do this cause us problems. I expect teams are watching film and we will start seeing more press and probably zone. Until we can shoot 3ā€™s better and get easy baskets off of the press look for that to continue. The guys need to figure out how to relax and make good decisions when the defense is in their face.

As for this game that was probably the best half of defense that I watched in two decades. The last 3 minutes were a little ugly, but that 10 minute stretch with 0 points allowed was a thing of beauty.

1 Like

In my 30 years of following Niner basketball I have never seem such an extreme variance from game to gameā€¦both offensively and defensively. Teams that look this bad (vs Asheville/App) never look this good (Wake/Davidson/Wilmington) in the same season much less within the same week or two.

I guessā€¦if we could figure out how to gain some consistencyā€¦we really could be a good solid team.

But good, solid teams rarely look like middle school trashā€¦which we did vs Asheville.

I honestly do not know what to think.

It is bafflingā€¦but I guess itā€™s still progress. So itā€™s still a brighter future and far better than being stuck in the Major/Price Twilight Zone.

3 Likes

Props to UNCW for correctly having us on the score board as Charlotte and the announcer also always referred to us as Charlotte. You go, UNC-Dub! Or UNC by The Sea.

Good for them. The studio guy for Niners radio was talking about how FIU was winning the C-USA football championship game! :roll_eyes:

Funny you say that because I saw a tweet where somebody was mad their team was listed as ā€œUNC Wilmingtonā€ and not ā€œUNCWā€. ā€œThey got Chatlotteā€™s name right but not ours!ā€

From the folks who I have talked with in the UNCW AD, they donā€™t like the Tar Heels anymore than we do.

They shouldnā€™t have gone for a coach straight from CHeat then

Because we would never do thatā€¦

Coach mentioned on ā€œNiners Liveā€ tonight that UNCW will be making a return visit to Halton next season.

2 Likes

I missed the Gold Mine Show on Monday. Is there a link to a replay of it?