University of North Carolina-Raleigh???

We’re not alone in the name debate, it’s been reversed on NCSU. I know these caption writers are stuck in a back room somewhere but gosh, these errors should’ve been obvious to almost all… I’m sure some State alumni will cringe across the country if they read these. These poor souls didn’t even get the day correct.

(And did you see Deano enjoying himself on the first row behind the candidates? Still wearing that Carolina blue shirt, LOL.)

Three photos from today’s Kerry-Edwards rally in Raleigh were sent out via the Associated Press with the following captions:

Democratic Presidential candidate Sen. John Kerry, D-MA, and Democratic Vice Presidential candidate Sen. John Edwards, D-NC, react to the crowd as they arrive at a campaign rally on the University of North Carolina-Raleigh campus in Raleigh, N.C. Friday, July 9, 2004. (AP Photo/Gerald Herbert)

Democratic Vice Presidential candidate Sen. John Edwards , D-NC, reacts to the crowd at a campaign rally on the University of North Carolina-Raleigh campus in Raleigh, N.C. Friday, July 9, 2004. Behind him is Democratic Presidential candidate Sen. John Kerry , D-MA, and his wife Teresa Heinz. (AP Photo/Gerald Herbert)

Democratic Presidential candidate Sen. John Kerry , D-MA, and Democratic Vice Presidential candidate Sen. John Edwards , D-NC, shake hands with the crowd at a campaign rally on the University of North Carolina-Raleigh campus in Raleigh, N.C. Friday, July 9, 2004. (AP Photo/Gerald Herbert)

HAHA :smirk:

great stuff :blah:

Maybe they should consider changing their name to just “Raleigh”.

B)

So are reporter not required to have common sense/common knowledge?

[i]Originally posted by pcon[/i]@Jul 11 2004, 10:08 AM [b] So are reporter not required to have common sense/common knowledge? [/b]
I dunno, they may be May graduates from the UNC-Chapel Hill School of Journalism.