University Times Sucks

I was sitting in Econ today waiting on the teacher to come in and i decided i would go outside and get a copy of the paper to read about tonights game… After looking throughout the thing the only sports article in there was about soccer and cross-country. I support every program offered at this school but it really looks like the first game of the season in Halton would have been in that paper… Just wait the first time any of the players get in trouble this year i will bet its on the front page…

My Point… the U Times is a joke

GO NINERS

yeah its pretty pathetic, i was expecting to see an article about the game too

also i have noticed that the Charlotte Observer has put some articles in the paper about us… My props to them but i guess our own basketball team is not “newsworthy” for our school newspaper,… i guess thats why everybody always rushes out to get a copy on tuesdays and thursdays, what a joke

:ph34r:

I picked up the basketball preview and it was TERRIBLE!

It’s really gone down.

Got to get the students involved and pumped. that sucks.

[i]Originally posted by 49erkiger[/i]@Nov 2 2004, 06:05 PM [b] My Point... the U Times is a joke [/b]
Tell us something we don't know.

The U Times has blown chow since I was there in the 80’s.

Hey Norman, I was there in the 80’s and didn’t know they had a paper. I also here there is a library on campus, never knew we had one of those either.

U Times = Liberal Rag

now that bush won they should have time for some campus related stuff.

[i]Originally posted by Chisox17[/i]@Nov 2 2004, 06:07 PM [b] yeah its pretty pathetic, i was expecting to see an article about the game too [/b]
Thats nice.

How about the Athletic Department issued schedule listing last nights game as being played on a Thursday and the media guide at the game had Kevin Nickleberry listed as an assitant coach.
No wonder why we get no respect from anyone when our own athletic department can’t get things right.

When I worked at the UTimes, deadline was at 6 or 7pm (if we were lucky) the day before. So we could never get in coverage of a game that happened the same night we went to press.

Sucked, but no other alternative. This was 97-01.

[i]Originally posted by Florida49er[/i]@Nov 3 2004, 10:05 AM [b] When I worked at the UTimes, deadline was at 6 or 7pm (if we were lucky) the day before. So we could never get in coverage of a game that happened the same night we went to press.

Sucked, but no other alternative. This was 97-01. [/b]

Theres no excuse for that they could have written a simple article about us and Pheifer playing a long time ago, its not like the game wasnt on the schedule… Just rediculous in my opinion…

GO NINERS

[i]Originally posted by H-Niner[/i]@Nov 3 2004, 08:04 AM [b] U Times = Liberal Rag [/b]
wow youve gotta be kidding me. the UTimes is so republican its not even funny.
[i]Originally posted by 49erkiger[/i]@Nov 3 2004, 12:24 PM [b] Theres no excuse for that they could have written a simple article about us and Pheifer playing a long time ago,,, its not like the game wasnt on the schedule... Just rediculous in my opinion...

GO NINERS [/b]

They could have written a pre-game story, yes.
My point is that unlike the Observer, they have to go to press early and can’t cover a game that happens the night before they paper is out on stands. That seemed to be what everyone was complaining about.