UofL hoops scandals

Dear Norm-

I work with two Carolina grads that are as nice as they come. Smart enough to be somewhat quiet on the academic fraud topic, and supportive of the Niners as long as we are not playing each other. My question is, will it be inappropriate to bring them black cupcakes and do the Carlton Dance if they​ have to vacate a National Championship?

Sincerely,

Shallow and Happy

Appeal denied.

NCAA.org: Louisville men’s basketball must vacate wins and pay fine

I don’t know why the NCAA & FBI are such heterophobes.

What Chapel Hill did was worse.

Yes, massive, decades long academic fraud is worse.

Anyway, now that UofL has been slammed by the NCAA, will be interesting to see what happens with the unrelated FBI probe. The former cost the Cards wins, money, and banners. Latter might include jail time.

Ol’ Roy is probably in LMAO mode!

I wonder since apparently so many schools are implicated in the FBI probe, all of whom appear to be blue bloods from what insiders are saying how this could tip the balance of power in college basketball.
Obviously this sanction is tough on Louisville and will affect them. Interested to see what they’ll get in addition to this with FBI stuff.

Let me understand the situation. No show classes are academically OK, but having strippers perform (which has not a damned thing to do with academics) makes players ineligible. Its obvious to me that Roy has some pictures of NCAA officials doing stuff that you don’t want photographed.

It’s pretty obvious to me Louisville should have offered strippers for all students not just athletes.

Andy Staples of Sports Illustrated agrees!

SI.com: Louisville Has Bigger Problems Than a Meaningless Banner Removal

clt says CHeat spent more money on attorneys.

I think UL should sue the stripper that talked. You’re hired for a job. You do your job. You keep your damn mouth shut. She should have to pay back the $ she earned, plus spend the rest of her life paying back what UL lost monetarily for her failure to protect client confidentiality.

So you are saying that she broke the stripper code?

So you are saying that she broke the stripper code?[/quote]
Breaking the stripper code??? that’s just unamerican

U of L fault for not having a confidentiality agreement in place.

Isn’t confidentiality understood as part of consent?

Good piece by Mark Story of the Lexington Herald-Leader.

Kentucky.com: For U of L and Pitino, vacated NCAA title an ever-lasting stain on reputations

http://www.wdrb.com/story/37900513/u-of-l-fan-and-alumni-group-prepares-to-file-lawsuit-against-the-ncaa

clt says that is a hot take.

clt says we also had a self imposed postseason ban in 2016