Uptown basketball Tip-off Oct. 6

Was nice to see everyone out there. Nick and Jeff were peddling their excellent products. Bobby and Karen Aston were there as well.

Was nice to see everyone out there. Nick and Jeff were peddling their excellent products. Bobby and Karen Aston were there as well.
any more of an update?

What players were there?

Did they seem to attract a crowd?

[QUOTE=cibik02;435233]any more of an update?

What players were there?

Did they seem to attract a crowd?[/QUOTE]

Chuck Dewberry was there along with most of the assistant coaches.

I’m glad they brought the band out to get people’s attention.

I stopped by for a few minutes. Dewhurst said he was ready to start practice next week. Coaches were out shaking hands and talking to people. Most people appeared to just casually take a look and keep on walking. People were lined up trying to win things.

The band definitely makes a difference. I know it is a lot of trouble for the band, but if we could get a few more band members out and really pump up the music it would be more of an event. As soon as the band started playing people would stop and take a look at what was going on. A couple of cheerleaders were walking around handing out schedules.

Did anyone else notice if there was a sign out?

I think this is a great event downtown and we should try to make it even bigger.

PS: I remember when we were in the CUSA tournament in Memphis and the band was playing on the street and the Cheerleaders/Golddusters were out in full force. That was a party - or maybe it was the alcohol- not really sure.

yea dewey said he would be back next week and he was ready. said sometimes they will practice in main gym around 2 sometimes.

It was great to see a lot of you guys out there today!

WSOC had a quick story about the Uptown event today during sports. Did anyone see anything else?

[QUOTE=UofC9er;435303]WSOC had a quick story about the Uptown event today during sports. Did anyone see anything else?[/QUOTE]

No. 3 & 36 had nada.