URI gets Clear Channel, we get 610 FNZ

Link: Rhode Island Signs Three-Year Radio Pact with Clear Channel Communications

And it’s not just for men’s hoops:

In addition to carrying a full slate of football, men’s basketball and women’s basketball games, a number of other shows will air. A monthly men’s and women’s soccer show, a special baseball and softball show, a weekly URI Sports Spotlight Show and a select number of baseball games will be broadcast along with the annual spring football game and Midnight Madness. Also, coach’s shows for football, men’s basketball and women’s basketball will air weekly in-season along with special preview shows for football, men’s basketball and women’s basketball.

Hmmm…

Well, they are THE state university in a very small state. They ARE the ONLY game in town…or state!!

[i]Originally posted by 49er1[/i]@Jul 23 2004, 12:07 PM [b]Well, they are THE state university in a very small state. They ARE the ONLY game in town...or state!![/b]
Tell that to the people at Providence College and Brown University. Why, even Johnson & Wales University in Providence plays hoops... :rolleyes:

My point is that Rhode Island gets a nice deal with both AM and FM and we’ve got an AM station that might generate enough wattage to run the lights in half of my neighborhood!

Hopefully through even better seasons and more exposure we will find ourselves getting better coverage.