USA Beats Canada 86-63

Curtis Withers (Charlotte / Charlotte, N.C.)
On tonight’s game:
We had a little toughness check in practice today. A lot of that carried over to the game tonight. The game was physical. We came out kind of slow for the past three games and we knew what we had to do. It was almost like an away game, it was a home crowd, you even heard them yelling ‘defense’ over and over again. So we had to get ourselves going and take over the game.

On playing Puerto Rico for the gold medal:
Our coaches do a good job with the scouting report so all we have to do is pay attention. We’ve already played them once so we know players on their team. We know we have to go out there and play good defense and everything will be good.

Curtis had a very solid game with 11pts 7 Rebs in 21 mins and was one of the few big men able to stay out of trouble. He hit his first 3(1-1), was a very efficient 5-7 from the field and once again hit the offensive boards hard leading the team with 3.

Box Score

Paul finally asserted himself alittle more offensively with 19 pts 8 ass and 2 steal playing a team leading 34mins.

Justin Gray chipped in with 18 on a solid shooting night(4-9 from 3), He seems to be playing much better than Bracey Wright and I wold have started Bracey ahead of him originally. Gray really seems to be able to step up his game.

Wake has solidified themselves as preseason #1 in my mind, they are going to be scarey good in a league that should be very scarey good.

[b]Wake has solidified themselves as preseason #1 in my mind, they are going to be scarey good in a league that should be very scarey good.[/b]

There are a lot of “scarey” things about that comment!

Wake needs Danilius to stay out of foul trouble and Williams to show up EVERY night to be the #1 team in my opinion.

Wake - Many times the best team in Dec., Never the best team in March.

[i]Originally posted by Smoothieking[/i]@Aug 1 2004, 07:24 PM [b] Wake needs Danilius to stay out of foul trouble and Williams to show up EVERY night to be the #1 team in my opinion.

Wake - Many times the best team in Dec., Never the best team in March. [/b]

Very true… But I think this is the most complete team they have ever had.