USA Today Poll

We’re JUST where we want to be – no votes at all!! Now let’s SHOW 'EM!!

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/mensbasketball/2006-preseason-poll.htm

Great! That means we should have a good season. Flyin’ under the radar.

Niner foes on the list…

20 Syracuse
23 Creighton (possible Rainbow matchup)

Others receiving votes include Xavier, Hofstra, Indiana, Houston, GW, and Saint Louis.

[QUOTE=run49er;194942]Niner foes on the list…

20 Syracuse
23 Creighton (possible Rainbow matchup)

Others receiving votes include Xavier, Hofstra, Indiana, Houston, GW, and Saint Louis.[/QUOTE]
GW got votes and we didn’t!? What is going on here? :wow:

So we get to go through a team receiving votes (Houston) to get to a top 25 team (Creighton) to get to Wyoming/Nebraska/Hawaii/San Francisco in the Hawaii classic? I’m guessing Hawaii got to pick the brackets and slightly stacked one side of it so they had an easy path to the final game.

Winthrop got a vote. RPI-boosting local matchup, anyone?

[QUOTE=ChevEE;194944]GW got votes and we didn’t!? What is going on here? :wow:[/QUOTE]

At least 2 guys who A) don’t know that Danilo Pinnock left early and was drafted by the NBA; B) Montrel McDonald was dismissed from the team; and C) haven’t read the news this week that Cheyenne Moore is out indefinitely with a stress fracture. Other than that, just a couple of blokes who are really one top of things! :rolleyes:

BTW, no way St. Joe’s Phil Martelli voted for GW, though I’m sure he did cast for Xavier and possibly for Saint Louis.

Who needs a final four appearance… we can fantasize cant we?

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;194956]Winthrop got a vote. RPI-boosting local matchup, anyone?[/QUOTE]

RPI boosting, more rear-ends in the seats, etc. Seems like a no-brainer but why play Winthrop when we can “Wow!” the fans with the likes of North Texas, Georgia State, UNC Asheville, and Wofford!

GW got votes and we didn't!? What is going on here? :wow:
previous seasons.

What a great road schedule!

Marshall wants too much money to come to Halton Arena, plain and simple.

And nice to be off the radar screen as well.

I feel sorry for Hofstra…

just kidding

Marshall wants too much money to come to Halton Arena, plain and simple.

And nice to be off the radar screen as well.

So what you’re saying is we’re not willing to home-and-home them and will only play them if they accept a buy for the right price?

[QUOTE=CMack124;194955]Wyoming/Nebraska/Hawaii/San Francisco in the Hawaii classic? I’m guessing Hawaii got to pick the brackets and slightly stacked one side of it so they had an easy path to the final game.[/QUOTE]

Easy? How soon we forget. Wyoming beat us in their tourney last year, that UNCW (!) ended up winning. We better be ready to play anybody.

We just better be ready TO PLAY.

Winthrop got a vote. RPI-boosting local matchup, anyone?
I see MiKe hasn't changed. Still the funny one.

Polls are a complete crock anyway. What you do on the court is all that matters and my only concern of this moment is Hofstra. We simply can’t open the season, on our home court, with a loss.

[QUOTE=bball49er;195038]I see MiKe hasn’t changed. Still the funny one.[/QUOTE]

Last season Winthrop finished at #73. We were #104. Don’t think Mike was kidding.

[QUOTE=CMack124;194955]So we get to go through a team receiving votes (Houston) to get to a top 25 team (Creighton) to get to Wyoming/Nebraska/Hawaii/San Francisco in the Hawaii classic? I’m guessing Hawaii got to pick the brackets and slightly stacked one side of it so they had an easy path to the final game.[/QUOTE]

Only slightly. :wink: Our side of the bracket had an average year-end RPI of 94.5 last season, and Hawaii’s side averaged 137.5. Valpo’s RPI was low because of their conference, but they were 16-12 last season and are not a bad team. That’s not counting how good Houston, Creighton, and us are supposed to be [B]this[/B] year. It’s their tournament, so I guess the Rainbows can do what they want to. :ponder:

[QUOTE=X-49er;195069] It’s their tournament, so I guess the Rainbows can do what they want to. :ponder:[/QUOTE]

I believe they are the Warriors now. The women’s teams are the Rainbow Wahine.

http://uhathletics.hawaii.edu/sport.html?p=8