USC-Coastal pre-game (aka....the Blood Letting in the Rich)

We have a week off and they play this week against Gardner-Webb; but baring the Runnin Bulldogs scoring a miracle, The Chants should roll into The Rich at least still ranked #2 in FCS and maybe even #1 if NDSU slips up.

I have fairly low expectations for this game. I just want us to be competitive, especially with Matt on the bench. There may be over 100 points scored in this game. I am going to predict that we lose 60 something to 40 something.

We haven’t played a defense like Coastal’s all year. I fear we shall be quite “schooled” in proper defense after this one. Hope I’m very wrong.

I have said this from before the season began.

We

will

win

this

game.

It is a completely irrational prediction without any reasoning to back it up. Purely a gut feeling… but we win this game.

[quote=“ZombieLew, post:4, topic:29095”]I have said this from before the season began.

We

will

win

this

game.

It is a completely irrational prediction without any reasoning to back it up. Purely a gut feeling… but we win this game.[/quote]

I like your style. They could always look past us for various reasons.

We haven’t played a defense like Coastal’s all year. I fear we shall be quite “schooled” in proper defense after this one. Hope I’m very wrong.[/quote]
We played them last year in Conway and I thought we played slightly better than the final score (50-25) indicated.

We haven’t played a defense like Coastal’s all year. I fear we shall be quite “schooled” in proper defense after this one. Hope I’m very wrong.[/quote]
We played them last year in Conway and I thought we played slightly better than the final score (50-25) indicated.[/quote]

This was the one late season game that we lost last year I felt we were out of it early in the game.

We will win this game. I’ve seen their film. They are incredibly overrated. As close as we are to being 8-0 they are even closer to having 2 or 3 losses. Niners win 38 to 28.

We played them last year in Conway and I thought we played slightly better than the final score (50-25) indicated.[/quote]

This was the one late season game that we lost last year I felt we were out of it early in the game.[/quote]
I don’t agree.

This is easy.

We will give up 40+ pts…we do that in every game.

We will NOT score 40 with a backup QB’s 1st start.

We will lose…and it could be ugly.

Will our students leave at halftime because they are cold?

Will our students show up at all

They don’t need a reason…so your “because” is completely unnecessary.

Yes…they will show up midway thru the 1st Quarter…then yes, they will promptly leave at halftime.

1.5 Quarters is about all they can stand for some reason.

You need to stop hanging out with UH-Huh. Calling anyone that is 8-0 overrated isn’t the brightest move.

You need to stop hanging out with UH-Huh. Calling anyone that is 8-0 overrated isn’t the brightest move.[/quote]
Ummm your record proves nothing. Charleston Southern was undefeated at one point and I knew they were overrated and now look. We are a few plays away from being 6-2 or 7-1 but our “record” makes it seem like we are terrible. The Jaguars have only 1 win but played 10x better against the Steelers than the Panthers did. Please get out of here with the their 9-0 so they can’t possibly be overrated crap. Watch their games. They are lucky to be 9-0. Their opponents helped gift wrap several of their wins. Their actual talent level is that of a 6-3 team at best. We may not win because Matt is likely to be out and our D is bad but I promise you even if CCU manages stay lucky and go 12-0 they will end their season at 12-1 after the 1st round of the playoffs

You need to stop hanging out with UH-Huh. Calling anyone that is 8-0 overrated isn’t the brightest move.[/quote]
Ummm your record proves nothing. Charleston Southern was undefeated at one point and I knew they were overrated and now look. We are a few plays away from being 6-2 or 7-1 but our “record” makes it seem like we are terrible. The Jaguars have only 1 win but played 10x better against the Steelers than the Panthers did. Please get out of here with the their 9-0 so they can’t possibly be overrated crap. Watch their games. They are lucky to be 9-0. Their opponents helped gift wrap several of their wins. Their actual talent level is that of a 6-3 team at best. We may not win because Matt is likely to be out and our D is bad but I promise you even if CCU manages stay lucky and go 12-0 they will end their season at 12-1 after the 1st round of the playoffs[/quote]
We have 3 opponents in common (Elon, CSU, Gardner Webb). We’ve lost to all three, they’ve beaten each by at least 3 touchdowns.

We can win, but a LOT has to go our way.

Yeah and we played like hot garbage against all 3 and played our D- game. CCU brought their A game and Elon hung with them for 3 quarters. Again we may not win because we have too many injuries at this point but CCU is not a good 9-0 team they are a lucky 9-0 team which means 1 thing and 1 thing only: They are beatable. And not just by us but any team they play the rest of the way…I’m more worried about Wesley. That is a legitimate 9-0 team. No one has been able to stay in the same solar system with them all season. And they have a bye week to prepare for us.

Ummm your record proves nothing. Charleston Southern was undefeated at one point and I knew they were overrated and now look. We are a few plays away from being 6-2 or 7-1 but our “record” makes it seem like we are terrible. The Jaguars have only 1 win but played 10x better against the Steelers than the Panthers did. Please get out of here with the their 9-0 so they can’t possibly be overrated crap. Watch their games. They are lucky to be 9-0. Their opponents helped gift wrap several of their wins. Their actual talent level is that of a 6-3 team at best. We may not win because Matt is likely to be out and our D is bad but I promise you even if CCU manages stay lucky and go 12-0 they will end their season at 12-1 after the 1st round of the playoffs[/quote]

Your record proves nothing? Might be the dumbest statement i’ve seen on a message board. Seems like you live in a world of “its” and “maybe”. We are 3-5 and a long way from 6-2 or 7-1.

I will give you this, your last two posts were so ridiculous that it made at least one CCU fan register, probably incredulous.

First of all Chuck South almost won at Vandy without Reyes (20-21). They are a solid team.

And while Id like to think we could pull off the upset, CCU handled us easily last year… something lik 52-25. They appear to be every bit as good as last year, and we are starting our 2nd string qb.

If I had to place odds on winning the next 3 games… 1% for coastal, 50% for wesley, and 95% morehead st.

Put it to you this way. Patriots a few years back 18-0. Final record 18-1. What are they remembered for? That 1 loss and not the 18 wins. My point was just looking at a teams record doesn’t prove anything. You can’t just assume because they are 9-0 they’re a great team. They could be a lucky team. They could have a weak schedule. They could be a lot a of things. But simply looking at a record without knowing the details proves nothing.