USC's Dave Odom set to retire

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3201864

My choice for replacement: http://daytonflyers.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/gregory_brian00.html

Yeah, my husband was telling me the other day that some fans wouldn’t mind having Lutz as their coach.

Morning Sports Page guys on WFNZ this morning were mentioning Lutz as a possible replacement and how IF Judy/Phil intend to give him a contract that they better do it before the season is up and it better have some good money attached to it. If an SEC school comes calling you know there will be mucho $$ involved- or at the very least a good bit more than what he makes now.

I guess we will see if Lutz is “ALL IN” " If the money comes calling my guess is he would be all out!

[QUOTE=ninerteach;285852]I guess we will see if Lutz is “ALL IN” " If the money comes calling my guess is he would be all out![/QUOTE]

I agree,and that’s fine if thats how it shakes out.College coaching is all about leverage,and if Bobby feels he has it now than more power to him.Personally,I think we’d be fine,I know many on the board don’t.

I guess we will see if Lutz is "ALL IN" " If the money comes calling my guess is he would be all out!
He should leave. What kind of administration doesn't give an extension to the all-time-winningest coach that jumps through EVERY hoop they've asked him to?

What a complete slap in the face that talks haven’t begun…

Even if you’re for or against him, he’s done everything they’ve asked him to. Who would want to come work for a lying administration?

And with this news: The NIT weeps. Having your tournaments John Wooden retire has to be a massive blow.

This is the exact scenario we were talking about the other night. We wait to long and Bobby is going to tell us to pound salt (I’d do the same thing). If Phil and Jooody don’t realize Bobby has the chips right now, they should both resign ASAP.

[QUOTE=s9er;285869]And with this news: The NIT weeps. Having your tournaments John Wooden retire has to be a massive blow.
[/QUOTE]

LOL. Dave (scr)Odom is my most overrated coach in college basketball, ever. The guy made his “legacy” off of Rodney Rogers, Randolph Childress, and Tim Duncan. He got one Elite Eight appearance even having those players, which are arguably 3 of the best 10 ACC players of the 90’s. He has done absolutley nothing at SCU, except win the NIT as S pointed out. On top of all that, he is the most constapated-acting coach I’ve ever seen also.

Ya’ll forgetting Cremins down at CoC.

[QUOTE=VA49er;285886]Ya’ll forgetting Cremins down at CoC.[/QUOTE]

I think his age will hurt his chances. Not saying that Cremins would not love to have the job, but how much longer is he going to coach and will he be able to recruit like he did at GTech? He will be a candidate, but I think that’s as far as it will go.

This is not good for us.

Our administration is going to blow this big time. And what is worse is Lutz at USC will KILL our next coaches chances recruiting the Charlotte area.

The worst thing for the future of our program is Lutz at USC, even if you don’t like Lutz as a coach.

He should leave. What kind of administration doesn't give an extension to the all-time-winningest coach that jumps through EVERY hoop they've asked him to?

Jeff Mullins is still jumping through hoops for the program?

A friend I work told me this morning that he wants USC to go after Lutz. It would make some since for them to try to go after him and honestly I would not blame him for leaving, especially if the admin here drops the ball. I just hope there are some behind the scenes things going on that we are not privy too.

It would make Dubois and Rose look like the biggest idiots if they do not retain their coach who they were not satisfied with because a BCS school came in and grabbed him because they saw value and potential!

Jeff Mullins is still jumping through hoops for the program?
It'd be funny if we went 0-14 the rest of the year and he didn't get the title.

[QUOTE=eason49;285943]It’d be funny if we went 0-14 the rest of the year and he didn’t get the title.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, funny like putting your pecker in a wood chipper.

Wow… some of you boys get into some kinky stuff.

Wow... some of you boys get into some kinky stuff.
Don't knock it 'til you try it.
:weep:

The visual of Karron Johnson dunking at Halton wearing Gamecock red with Bobby, Moxley, Preston, etc…

…while [B][URL=http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside_game/grant_wahl/news/2002/11/06/mailbag/mcclain.jpg]Steve McClain[/URL][/B] is patroling our sideline with Dubois and Rose grinning like idiots…

…is not a good visual for me.