USF Sunday 2pm

Is the game being played? Is USF making the trip? They could get here on Saturday without problem but may have trouble leaving after the game.

Does not look promising

Don’t know the logistics, but I imagine when we get the on campus Marriott, events like these (weather related) will help tremendously for visiting teams/families. I know Hilton is close by but it’s not as convenient and is old/outdated. If the game is still on, should have cheap lowers (crowd will be sparse due to weather and NFL).

clt says they can take the light rail to the game.

Just reading tweet by Coach Brian Gregory that the Bulls men’s basketball team has wrapped up finals at USF, so no urgency to get to back Tampa for that.

Due to projected inclement weather, the following changes have been made for game day operations on Sunday December 9th. The Men’s Basketball game will still be played as scheduled at 2:00pm. Please be safe and use your best judgement if traveling to Halton Arena this weekend.

ENTRANCES AND EXITS FOR PARKING DECKS
Facilities management will be working around the clock to make sure roads, pathways and parking decks are clear and safe for all fans attending the game. For further safety measures, the Cone Deck parking garage will be closed. All fans including those with Cone Deck parking passes will be directed to park in the West Deck. All rooftop areas within the West Deck will be closed off to fans. The ADA accessible parking lot directly adjacent to Halton Arena will be open as normal.

CONCESSIONS
Concessions will be available for purchase for fans in attendance.

HOSPITALITY
All 49er Club members with green and gold pre-game hospitality will be moved to the upstairs Salons. Halftime hospitality will remain in the upstairs Salons as scheduled.

INCLEMENT WEATHER
In the event that the conditions are deemed un-safe, the game will be postponed. Please stay tuned to all Charlotte 49ers social media outlets for timely updates on the game status. An email will also be sent should there be any changes to status of the basketball game.

TICKETS
The ticket office will open at 12:30pm as scheduled.

As Always, Wear Green & Go Niners!

Charlotte 49ers Athletic Ticket Office
9201 University City Boulevard | Charlotte, NC 28223
Office: 704-687-4949
niner@uncc.edu | www.Charlotte49ers.com | @NinerTix

Game has been cancelled, with the possibility of a re-scheduled date later in the season.

Don’t remember this ever happening in the past. Glad they did. Now I’ll get a chance to see it.

Nice, now don’t even have to think about trying to get there. If game isn’t rescheduled, do season ticket holder get a refund? I’m assuming not.

clt says typical millennials

Their time will be refunded and for this season that might worth more than a monetary value.

Sounds about right, the uni not being able to make a decision. The email moving the university to Condition 2 was sent at 7:40 AM, with an effective time of 8 AM. Anyone looking outside at 5 AM that day could have made that decision then with all the ice. I imagine some employees basically had to turn around and go home after making it to campus in that weather.

So has this game been cancelled? What’s the odds it gets played?

Just looked through USF beatwriter Joey Knight’s Twitter account to see if he had made any further comments since 12-13 and found nothing. Ditto the Charlotte and USF sites.

In looking over the respective schedules of the Niners and the Bulls, see that USF plays at ECU on Saturday, January 26th and then don’t play again until the following Saturday. We too play on 1-26 but a road game to farthest reaches of C-USA at UTEP.

not that they’re a bubble team right now, but south florida gains nothing from playing us, even if they win.

We gain nothing either, win or loss. I say fuggetaboutit!

Yep. Looking over NET and AAC has 8 teams in the top 100, including USF (#91). With ECU (#259) having a ranking similar to the Niners (#278), Bulls definitely don’t gain a thing by playing us.

Coaches may have win incentives

Jon Davis wants to play this game I bet you!

And, of course, after I point out ECU’s horrendous NET ranking, the Pirates hit the hardwood and beat Cincy.