UTEP In game & Post game

Down 7 at half

14 turnovers. Laughable.

Terrible defense

I can’t keep up with how many times we have the ball and don’t even get a shot off. Throw in some bad defense and we suck again. Why am I watching this?

I think everyone else is also wondering why your subjecting yourself to that punishment.

Same old crap.

It doesn’t matter where the deficiency is, we always find an area that we do poorly in that costs us the game. This team is bad and they deserve the record that they have.

we’ve only lost 1 time by double digits out of our 14 losses this team never gives up, but we dig ourselves into a hole the majority of the time in the first half we have 9 losses by 6 points or less its very frustrating and next year we have a great opportunity to get some great wins cause we are playing in the Battle 4 Atlantis tournament (UConn, Gonzaga, Michigan, Syracuse, Texas, Texas A&M, & Washington) and we face Georgetown at Time Warner Cable Areana

We just don’t make the plays in crunch time. One of the few bright spots was Thorne but he missed a bunny layup that could have turned the game for us at the end. Clayton has regressed. He didn’t hurt us at the FT line but had four turnovers and a couple of dumb fouls. Dorn and Woods disappeared. Another winnable game and we screw the pooch.

[quote=“Colorado49er, post:7, topic:29406”]We just don’t make the plays in crunch time. One of the few bright spots was Thorne but he missed a bunny layup that could have turned the game for us at the end. Clayton has regressed. He didn’t hurt us at the FT line but had four turnovers and a couple of dumb fouls. Dorn and Woods disappeared. Another winnable game and we screw the pooch.[/quote]It’s not just during crunch time, it’s all game long. 21 turnovers.

[size=2]We could have won this game as UTEP didn’t really play well at all. Oh well, another day and another loss.

[font=Verdana]Bernard Sullivan looks good out there. That dunk he had was nasty. [/font][/size]

[size=2][font=Verdana]Willie Clayton is just bad at basketball and I’m glad he isn’t starting anymore. Dude gets blocked all the time, can’t throw a simple pass or even hold onto the ball. [/font][/size]

MT went 7/12 and got 13 boards.

Wow turnovers cost us this one… Never seen that before ::slight_smile:

Didn’t watch…but not surprised about anything I have read. I will just finish out the season and hopefully get my popcorn ready.

We just didn’t want to force UTEP to give everyone their money back.

At this point, we’re just pretending to be bad so no one expects it when we buzzsaw the conference tourney.

missed the start of the game, any reason why Henry didn’t start?

Bad back.

Record: 10-14 (3-8)

That’s about it

Wait till next year…

yeah but these games we are losing by single digits are games we should be winning by double digits.

yeah but these games we are losing by single digits are games we should be winning by double digits.[/quote]

There’s a lot of literature that’s been put out on this subject. I just read an article on KenPom about this yesterday evening. Our team is very consistent in terms of margin of victory or loss. Yeah, we played close to better competition out of conference and vs ODU, but we consistently lose and we never blow anyone out. According to Pomeroy and others, the fact that we are very consistent with this is a very good indicator of how good our team actually is. E.g. at this point in the game you can bet big money that we’re going to finish at about the same level.

If we end up with an RPI of 200 we really did suck that much and pretty much nothing short of a miracle among the players we are bringing back/bringing in next year and a new coach would result in actually having a competitive squad next year. This was our year. If we are a sub 200 RPI team with Henry you are absolutely insane to think that this team plus Izundu is going to be dance or even NIT worthy next year.

There is no next year and close doesn’t matter when you have 2 wins vs the RPI top 200.