UTEP In game & Post game

[quote=ā€œJ Felt, post:13, topic:29406ā€]We just didnā€™t want to force UTEP to give everyone their money back.

At this point, weā€™re just pretending to be bad so no one expects it when we buzzsaw the conference tourney.[/quote] Thatā€™s UTSA, but donā€™t worry, weā€™ll probably lose to them too.

[quote=ā€œ9erken, post:21, topic:29406ā€][quote=ā€œJ Felt, post:13, topic:29406ā€]We just didnā€™t want to force UTEP to give everyone their money back.

At this point, weā€™re just pretending to be bad so no one expects it when we buzzsaw the conference tourney.[/quote] Thatā€™s UTSA, but donā€™t worry, weā€™ll probably lose to them too.[/quote]figures.

I see the team made 81.8% of their free throws, the second highest percentage this season. So thereā€™s that.

Didnā€™t someone say in an earlier thread that we are 0 and whatever when the team shoots a decent percent from the line and we are undefeated when we shoot less than 50%? Not that thereā€™s anything deep to take from that, but pretty funny.

I figured we were in trouble when I saw Cedric Lang on their roster.

Well the last part isnā€™t exactly true, but we did lose in our top 6 FT shooting performances. Pretty bizarre.

[table] [tr] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][size=2]FT%[/size][/td] [/tr] [tr] [td][size=2]L[/size][/td] [td][size=2]@ODU[/size][/td] [td][size=2]43.8[/size][/td] [/tr] [tr] [td][size=2]W[/size][/td] [td][size=2]@UNCA[/size][/td] [td][size=2]46.2[/size][/td] [/tr] [tr] [td][size=2]L[/size][/td] [td][size=2]RICE[/size][/td] [td][size=2]46.7[/size][/td] [/tr] [tr] [td][size=2]W[/size][/td] [td][size=2]@MARSH[/size][/td] [td][size=2]48.0[/size][/td] [/tr] [tr] [td][size=2]W[/size][/td] [td][size=2]@ELON[/size][/td] [td][size=2]50.0[/size][/td] [/tr] [tr] [td][size=2]L[/size][/td] [td][size=2]MIA[/size][/td] [td][size=2]50.0[/size][/td] [/tr] [tr] [td][size=2]W[/size][/td] [td][size=2]AppSt[/size][/td] [td][size=2]50.0[/size][/td] [/tr] [tr] [td][size=2]W[/size][/td] [td][size=2]CofC[/size][/td] [td][size=2]51.6[/size][/td] [/tr] [tr] [td][size=2]L[/size][/td] [td][size=2]MIA[/size][/td] [td][size=2]52.6[/size][/td] [/tr] [tr] [td][size=2]W[/size][/td] [td][size=2]NCAT[/size][/td] [td][size=2]52.6[/size][/td] [/tr] [tr] [td][size=2]L[/size][/td] [td][size=2]@UAB[/size][/td] [td][size=2]53.3[/size][/td] [/tr] [tr] [td][size=2]L[/size][/td] [td][size=2]@DAV[/size][/td] [td][size=2]57.1[/size][/td] [/tr] [tr] [td][size=2]L[/size][/td] [td][size=2]@GW[/size][/td] [td][size=2]60.0[/size][/td] [/tr] [tr] [td][size=2]W[/size][/td] [td][size=2]FAU[/size][/td] [td][size=2]61.9[/size][/td] [/tr] [tr] [td][size=2]W[/size][/td] [td][size=2]@USC[/size][/td] [td][size=2]68.4[/size][/td] [/tr] [tr] [td][size=2]L[/size][/td] [td][size=2]ODU[/size][/td] [td][size=2]70.6[/size][/td] [/tr] [tr] [td][size=2]W[/size][/td] [td][size=2]UNT[/size][/td] [td][size=2]71.1[/size][/td] [/tr] [tr] [td][size=2]W[/size][/td] [td][size=2]PSU[/size][/td] [td][size=2]71.7[/size][/td] [/tr] [tr] [td][size=2]L[/size][/td] [td][size=2]@WKU[/size][/td] [td][size=2]72.2[/size][/td] [/tr] [tr] [td][size=2]L[/size][/td] [td][size=2]@GTOWN[/size][/td] [td][size=2]72.7[/size][/td] [/tr] [tr] [td][size=2]L[/size][/td] [td][size=2]FIU[/size][/td] [td][size=2]75.0[/size][/td] [/tr] [tr] [td][size=2]L[/size][/td] [td][size=2]@MTSU[/size][/td] [td][size=2]78.9[/size][/td] [/tr] [tr] [td][size=2]L[/size][/td] [td][size=2]@UTEP[/size][/td] [td][size=2]81.8[/size][/td] [/tr] [tr] [td][size=2]L[/size][/td] [td][size=2]@GT[/size][/td] [td][size=2]91.7[/size][/td] [/tr] [tr] [td][/td][td][size=2]AVG:[/size][/td] [td][size=2]61.8[/size][/td] [/tr][/table]

[quote=ā€œNinerWupAss, post:11, topic:29406ā€]Wow turnovers cost us this oneā€¦ Never seen that before ::)[/quote] On my way home last night with the broadcast on the car radio, the comment was made that the Niners were shooting themselves in the foot; followed up by the comment that pretty soon they wouldnā€™t have any foot left to shoot into. I had to laugh and then frown.

[quote=ā€œ4ever niner, post:27, topic:29406ā€][quote=ā€œNinerWupAss, post:11, topic:29406ā€]Wow turnovers cost us this oneā€¦ Never seen that before ::)[/quote] On my way home last night with the broadcast on the car radio, the comment was made that the Niners were shooting themselves in the foot; followed up by the comment that pretty soon they wouldnā€™t have any foot left to shoot into. I had to laugh and then frown.[/quote]Have enjoyed the full-time addition of color analyst Charlie Frederick to the broadcast team. Tells it like it is.

I didnā€™t even realize there was a game last night. Apathy has completely sunk in for me.

Yes, we have finally gotten respectable on the radio broadcasts atleast (ie; Matt not going it alone anymore).

21 TOs will cause about any team to lose, regardless of FT%. I cannot wrap my brain around this stat. Pee wee teams donā€™t turn it over this much. How many points did utep score off these TOs? And we ONLY lose by 5. Sickening beyond belief. In fact, the pessimist in me wonders if some of our players are taking a dive. Yes, shaving points, not by missing shots, but by TOs. Just f***ing shoot me! This crap is making me actually lose touch with reality where this basketball program is concerned. Thank God, the rest of my life is AWESOME.

Iā€™ve actually thought that this may be intentional as well