Utter on Football - Labor Day

Deserves its own thread, nice work Jim.

[URL=http://gmine.blogspot.com/]http://gmine.blogspot.com/[/URL]

quick note, someone posts a comment on the “UNC” name debate…it is then commented back by sharp dry humor, remind you of any emails metro? Also, the first state mentioned, Wisconsin…hmmmmmm.

I think we all know where Utter stands on the issue now. He hit that one out of the park.

[QUOTE=ninerID;256473]Deserves its own thread, nice work Jim.

[URL=http://gmine.blogspot.com/]http://gmine.blogspot.com/[/URL]

quick note, someone posts a comment on the “UNC” name debate…it is then commented back by sharp dry humor, remind you of any emails metro? Also, the first state mentioned, Wisconsin…hmmmmmm.[/QUOTE]

gotcha, just read the comment section. Is Dubois’ hit men hanging out at Charlotte.com?

Looks like UNC-P reads Utter’s blog.

I’m interested in this comment too:

[QUOTE=michiganwho?]One problem guys, try waiting about 30 some odd years to build a powerhouse like we have here at App. This was not some miracle because our school decided to establish football team long long ago. This is the byproduct of unrelenting work and was well deserved…if and when UNCC decides to field a team do not expect moments like this to come for quite some time. I do agree football can be uniting force though and UNCC desperately needs something to bring together a school that vanishes come Fridays.[/QUOTE]
App has a powerhouse? Last I checked they were D1-AA. Sure they won two championships in D1-AA, but that is like calling USC a powerhouse in basketball for winning back to back NIT championships.

[QUOTE=49or bust;256482]Looks like UNC-P reads Utter’s blog.

I’m interested in this comment too:

App has a powerhouse? Last I checked they were D1-AA. Sure they won two championships in D1-AA, but that is like calling USC a powerhouse in basketball for winning back to back NIT championships.[/QUOTE]

yeah…App is a powerhouse. The guy’s post is DOBA. That victory over Michigan was a culmination of many years of work.

yeah....App is a powerhouse. The guy's post is DOBA. That victory over Michigan was a culmination of many years of work.
Well congratulations to them on being a D1-AA powerhouse. Also, congratulations to USC on being a powerhouse of basketball.

comparing USC’s nit and Apps championships is not a fair argument. SC gets as many scholarships as Weber St. for basketball. However, App state doesn’t have the amount of scholarships Florida has, and they are not allowed to.

App St. does well with what they have, and what they are allowed to have.

App started this season knowing the best they could do was win the Division I-aa title, the winner of this years NIT had a chance to go to the NCAA tourney, but failed somewhere.

also, SC’s basketball team is partially funded by the success of the SEC conference. The SoCon doesn’t bring that much in for app.

Utter definitely nailed it. As others have said, App beating Michigan could seal the deal for Niner football. Not only does football build loyalty, increase interest and unify the student body and alums, you can actually compete and beat the big boys…while even playing at the D1-AA level. I think D1-AA for 10 years is fine but the Charlotte admins have said many times, the goal is D1 and doing it right from the beginning. Let’s get started!!!

[QUOTE=49or bust;256487]Well congratulations to them on being a D1-AA powerhouse. Also, congratulations to USC on being a powerhouse of basketball.[/QUOTE]

got a question: have you ever participated in an organized team sport?

You don’t seem to respect or understand certain sports terminologies nor principles. I think every sprots expert in America would regard App St as a “powerhouse.” This is not a stab, just an observation. Comparing USC basketball to App is silly. App St is #1 at what they do, USC was 65th best in their field.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;256493]Utter definitely nailed it. As others have said, App beating Michigan could seal the deal for Niner football. Not only does football build loyalty, increase interest and unify the student body and alums, you can actually compete and beat the big boys…while even playing at the D1-AA level. I think D1-AA for 10 years is fine but the Charlotte admins have said many times, the goal is D1 and doing it right from the beginning. Let’s get started!!![/QUOTE]

of course, we have to play 1AA for several years to establish NCAA 1A minimums for attendance, etc.

Let's get started!!!

ninernation.net First → I seriously want to reach through the screen and give lefty the biggest high five ever.

got a question: have you ever participated in an organized team sport?

You don’t seem to respect or understand certain sports terminologies nor principles. I think every sprots expert in America would regard App St as a “powerhouse.” This is not a stab, just an observation. Comparing USC basketball to App is silly. App St is #1 at what they do, USC was 65th best in their field.

Sure, they are a D1-AA powerhouse. If I was an App student I wouldn’t even call us simply a powerhouse. It’s a half truth. Sure we’re a powerhouse… but in D1-AA.

[QUOTE=ninerID;256496]ninernation.net First -> I seriously want to reach through the screen and give lefty the biggest high five ever.[/QUOTE]

lol, I sort of agree. god it hurts

michiganwho is a tard

michiganwho is a tard

yes, he is so far gone its not worth debating him.

app a powerhouse? in division 1-AA? yep. with the big boys? no where close. but they may have the best team in nc.

LoL

[“UNCC is a satellite campus”]

[QUOTE=Gill2003;256520]LoL

[“UNCC is a satellite campus”][/QUOTE]

as ridiculous as that sounds, it is accurate in many ways. Us alum hate to think of that way, but you don’t think Dubois and co don’t love the connection to Chapel Hill?

… which ways?

I agree btw. Although I dont think the satellite term itself is accurate, but the ties to the UNCCH institution are evident and link

reading this guy post on the blog, it makes it seem like the problems we have as a school are our own problems…name, no football, not filling out surveys for academic rankings, etc.

I hate that it gets away from the point of utters blog though.

Utter, is there any chance that this will be in the print version? Also, is there any chance we could get an update on football in the observer, possibly with Mac Everett or Dubois, with the question of what they think about App’s win?