Utter update on coaching search

http://gmine.blogspot.com/2010/03/updates-on-charlotte-49ers-coaching.html

Good update, thanks Jim.

Makes you wonder where the Fox Sports guy came up with his list if we haven’t contacted Kelsey.

I like that we are exploring a lot of options, including Gottfried, I personally hope he isn’t the choice, but it is good that we are looking at a lot of candidates, and doing a decent job of keeping the list internal.

I would imagine that we haven’t contacted Kelsey to respect the fact that he is still in the Dance and has bigger fish to fry at the moment.

I’d much rather have Kelsey, but Gottfried>Buzz

i dont like gottried, he had a lot of talent at alabama and never did anything with it.

Just because we haven’t spoken directly to Kelsey doesn’t mean we haven’t had ‘contact’ by way of his agent.

[quote=“NLP, post:6, topic:22873”]Just because we haven’t spoken directly to Kelsey doesn’t mean we haven’t had ‘contact’ by way of his agent. [/quote]point for NLP. These guys have agents who manage this type of situation. Kelsey is focused on KSU, and I hope we respect XU enough not to contact him directly until their season is over.

[quote=“ninerfan55, post:5, topic:22873”]i dont like gottried, he had a lot of talent at alabama and never did anything with it.[/quote] I wouldn’t say he never did “anything”. He made two 2nd rounds and an elite eight (first in Alabama’s history I believe). That was a football school, so success on the basketball court was sort of unexpected.

I think you could say he underachieved given the talent, though it sounds like he had several seasons go down to injuries.

If Ronald Steele doesn’t go down to injury I think Gottfried is still at Alabama. It’s a shame to I think Steele could have had a decent NBA career before his knee problems.

If he could get guys like Mo Williams, Gerald Wallace, Jemareo Davidson, and Alonzo Gee to come here I would take him.