Very interesting bracket here!

http://draftcity.com/bracketcity.php

again we have played our way up from the 12 seed to the 8,9 game. He has us in charlotte, playing vermont, with a second round showdown with the tarheels.

As much as I hate Carolina, I don’t think this is a good year to play them and make a statement. Although if we did beat them it would make one hell of a statement, but they’re scary good this year, and it would just help those niner/tarhole fans in saying how they “know” the tarholes will always be better then Charlotte…but I would definetly like to play Duke second round, I think we could beat them, and that would prove just as much to the Nation and North Carolina people. But hell, I think we could beat the tarholes if we played like we did saturday.

[i]Originally posted by NINERcowbellplayer[/i]@Feb 7 2005, 11:53 AM [b] As much as I hate Carolina, I don't think this is a good year to play them and make a statement. Although if we did beat them it would make one hell of a statement, but they're scary good this year, and it would just help those niner/tarhole fans in saying how they "know" the tarholes will always be better then Charlotte....but I would definetly like to play Duke second round, I think we could beat them, and that would prove just as much to the Nation and North Carolina people. But hell, I think we could beat the tarholes if we played like we did saturday. [/b]
i was thinking the same thing. As much as I would like to play the Tarheels, this is not the year :/ They are indeed scary good. That said, I'ld play Duke/GaTech/Wake and feel comfortable going into the game.
[i]Originally posted by finalfourtyniners[/i]@Feb 7 2005, 10:48 AM [b] [url=http://draftcity.com/bracketcity.php]http://draftcity.com/bracketcity.php[/url]

again we have played our way up from the 12 seed to the 8,9 game. He has us in charlotte, playing vermont, with a second round showdown with the tarheels. [/b]

OMG OMG OMG… DUDE I HOPE THATS WHAT IT WILL BE… ITS IN CHARLOTTE!!! ITS A HOME GAME!!!

[i]Originally posted by GoNinersGo[/i]@Feb 7 2005, 01:19 PM [b] OMG OMG OMG...... DUDE I HOPE THATS WHAT IT WILL BE.......... ITS IN CHARLOTTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS A HOME GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!! [/b]
If you think Charlotte fans will out number UNC-CH fans, you are on crack. IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!!! Home game all the way for what ever team we might play there.

we need to keep winning and play ourself out of the 8-9 game and into a 5-6-7 seed.

[i]Originally posted by GoNinersGo[/i]@Feb 7 2005, 12:19 PM [b] OMG OMG OMG...... DUDE I HOPE THATS WHAT IT WILL BE.......... ITS IN CHARLOTTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS A HOME GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!! [/b]

[i]Originally posted by NINERcowbellplayer[/i]@Feb 7 2005, 11:53 AM [b]As much as I hate Carolina, I don't think this is a good year to play them and make a statement. Although if we did beat them it would make one hell of a statement, but they're scary good this year...[/b]
Better than the '98 team featuring V. Carter, A. Jameson, M. Ndyie, E. Cota, etc...? (Didn't that teame go to the Final Four?) We took them to overtime in Hartford in the second round with, IMO, a less talented team than this one. I say bring 'em on!!

GO 'NINERS!

Lunardi has us a #10 vs. a #7 Villanova in Nashville.

ESPN.com: Bracketology

The dude at Hoopville.com sees a #8 Charlotte vs. a #9 UCLA in Oklahoma City.

Hoopville.com: NCAA Tournament Crystal Ball

Add me to the list that wants no part of the Heels unless it’s DEEP into the tourney. A 2nd round matchup against them in Charlotte would be no more of an advantage for us than if it were at the Dean Dome for the most part.

I’d have no problem facing Duke or Ga. Tech early though. I think we could send either team home packing. And I’d kill to see Plav and J.J. go head-to-head. That would be fun to watch.

Ideally, I just want out of the 8/9 game because as good as we’ve looked at times, #1 seeds are still #1 seeds and you’re better off avoiding them until after the 2nd round. I know an 8/9 has won that game in the past but the odds aren’t in your favor.

Hoopville:

[b]On the other hand, a few teams seem poised to fall out of the field of 65. The top candidates are [b]North Carolina State[/b], Iowa and Arizona State. [/b]
[b]Last Four Teams In: [b]North Carolina State[/b] Temple Arizona State LSU [/b]

:o

State’s not even a bubble team! They may not even make the NIT! :lol: Is this idiot just now realizing this? Welcome to reality, pal.

The Wolfslack fell out officially a long time ago. It is a shame how far Herb Sindek has allowed this talented team to fall. Sindek must go.

[b] Sindek must go[/b]

Wrong answer Syndek must stay! are you a state fan or a charlotte fan?

[i]Originally posted by finalfourtyniners[/i]@Feb 7 2005, 04:42 PM [b]
[b] Sindek must go[/b]

Wrong answer Syndek must stay! are you a state fan or a charlotte fan? [/b]

They’ll give him at least one more year. Hell, he just won ACC COY last year!

[i]Originally posted by finalfourtyniners[/i]@Feb 7 2005, 03:42 PM [b]
[b] Sindek must go[/b]

Wrong answer Syndek must stay! are you a state fan or a charlotte fan? [/b]

Both. But more of a Charlotte fan.

[b] As much as I would like to play the Tarheels, this is not the year :/ They are indeed scary good. [/b]

Please.

After all the whining (especially over the past few weeks) about how the acc is scared to play us it is disturbing to now see some posters write that they are afraid to play the Heels.

So what is it now…we want to play the Tarholes every year, except when they are really good, then we would like to play Duke…unless they are also very good at which time we’ll take Clemson please.

[b]Add me to the list that wants no part of the Heels unless it's DEEP into the tourney.[/b]

JCL, please see my previous post. I am extremely shocked and disappointed that you, of all posters, feel this way.

Houston on wed. boys…HOUSTON !!!

btw we are going to play Minn. and VG in the first round 6-11 game.

I’m kind of with PI on this one.

We played UNC in the tournament in 1998 when they had Shammond Williams, Vince Carter, Antawn Jamison, and Ademola Okulaja… and we took them to double OT and should’ve won.

The 98 Carolina team could take this year’s Heels to the shed. Yeah, it’d be a tough game, but when it comes to the Tournament all bets are off.

[i]Originally posted by 49erpi[/i]@Feb 7 2005, 07:17 PM [b] JCL, please see my previous post. I am extremely shocked and disappointed that you, of all posters, feel this way. [/b]
Well, I've never been on record as being one of those saying anyone in the ACC is scared to play us so this isn't an issue of me doing an about-face. I just know how good the Heels are and I think this team is better than the one with Vince/Jameson simply because their incredible depth. I'm not saying we couldn't hang with them but as I stated in my initial post, I would [i]prefer[/i] to face them deeper in the tournament as opposed to the 2nd round simply to avoid the huge home crowd advantage. I think you read my post a hair out of context. I want a piece of them...just at the right time though.

How hard is it to spell friggin S-E-N-D-E-K?