Very interesting bracket here!

[i]Originally posted by jcl49er+Feb 7 2005, 07:43 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (jcl49er @ Feb 7 2005, 07:43 PM)
[i]Originally posted by karaokelegend+Feb 7 2005, 06:53 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (karaokelegend @ Feb 7 2005, 06:53 PM)

If Charlotte met NC @ Chapel Hill in the Charlotte Coliseum, the crowd would be pretty even. Tons of Carolina fans, a few Charlotte fans, and everybody else. That everybody else would be mainly cheering for the 9ers fans. Also, Tar Heel fans are pretty quiet. I agree, though, I donā€™t wanna face 'em in the second round. Lets get out of the 8/9 game.

[i]Originally posted by finalfourtyniners[/i]@Feb 7 2005, 11:48 AM [b] [url=http://draftcity.com/bracketcity.php]http://draftcity.com/bracketcity.php[/url]

again we have played our way up from the 12 seed to the 8,9 game. He has us in charlotte, playing vermont, with a second round showdown with the tarheels. [/b]

I want no part of the 8-9 game. There are no moral victories. Thatā€™s the hard road to the sweet 16 and Iā€™d rather not take it.

[i]Originally posted by 49erpi[/i]@Feb 7 2005, 08:02 PM [b] I'm pretty certain that you have been one of those wanting to play the acc, namely the tarheels.

[/b]

Iā€™ve never clamored to play the ACC, especially the Heels. Iā€™m one of the few on here constantly asking why everyone is so concerned about playing the ACC actually. Never understood the whole infatuation so you got me pegged totally wrong on that one.

And why wouldnā€™t I want to avoid them in the 2nd round? Is there anyone on here that would prefer to play a #1 seed in the second game? If so then I respect them wanting such a tough hurdle so early in the tournament. All I was sugesting is that Iā€™d rather face better odds of getting to our first Sweet 16 appearance since 1977 and avoiding a #1 seed in the 2nd game would make that a bit easier to accomplish.

But hey, feel free to interpret my posts however you wantā€¦

[i]Originally posted by NinerAdvocate+Feb 7 2005, 08:56 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (NinerAdvocate @ Feb 7 2005, 08:56 PM)
[i]Originally posted by NinerAdvocate[/i]@Feb 7 2005, 08:56 PM [b] That's the hard road to the sweet 16 and I'd rather not take it. [/b]
That was pretty much my point. I just opted to play along with the scenario of us being in the same bracket as UNC though.

i just joined this site today, and from everything iā€™ve read, charlotte fans have a serious inferiority complex when it comes to the ACC. you guys do deserve more respect than Stateā€¦but all you can do is keep winning and it will come. why such hatred for the Tar Heels but not so much for Dook or Wake?

[i]Originally posted by Splinter[/i]@Feb 7 2005, 09:57 PM [b] i just joined this site today, and from everything i've read, charlotte fans have a serious inferiority complex when it comes to the ACC. you guys do deserve more respect than State.....but all you can do is keep winning and it will come. why such hatred for the Tar Heels but not so much for Dook or Wake? [/b]
A lot of it boils down to initials and mistaken identity...

UNCC vs. UNC-CH

Not all of us care about the ACC. Those that donā€™t are less obvious than those who do.
Iā€™m not going to make fifty posts a day about how I really donā€™t care about the ACC.
Itā€™s kind of like dark matter, Splinter. Itā€™s there, we just donā€™t know how to measure it.

[b]But hey, feel free to interpret my posts however you want...[/b]

Thanks.

[i]Originally posted by Splinter[/i]@Feb 7 2005, 09:57 PM [b] i just joined this site today, and from everything i've read, charlotte fans have a serious inferiority complex when it comes to the ACC. you guys do deserve more respect than State.....but all you can do is keep winning and it will come. why such hatred for the Tar Heels but not so much for Dook or Wake? [/b]
Splinter..... what the crap are you talking about? Who are you? Mark Packer? I know of no Charlotte fan that has any inferiority complex against the acc. We know we are (& have been for 15 years) better than most acc teams. We also realize that Wake, Illinois, unc-chapel hill, & a few others are pretty strong this year. So, apparently you lack the brains to know the definition of inferiority complex.