Video of shot on Hoosiers site now

Go check out the video clip…could watch that 20 times in a row.

Was at top but may have to scroll down some now

That reminded me of us losing to Memphis State a few years ago on a 70 footer. Those IU fans must be sick.

Nice work finding this JCL.

[i]Originally posted by s9er[/i]@Dec 22 2004, 11:05 PM [b] That reminded me of us losing to Memphis State a few years ago on a 70 footer. Those IU fans must be sick. [/b]
Good ole' Omar Sneed!

I mentioned the same thing after the game regarding the Memphis half court bomb, although it was not within the same .01 second range.

I just watched their link to the replay and if they think it was 1.44 instead of .07, I’ll have what they are drinking, smoking, popping, snorting, or general ingesting of any nature.

Not saying it was an exact match, but with human nature & instincts involved it was as close as you are going to get no matter what the circumstances.

PLAV 4 ESPY !!!

I kept replaying it over and over and over. And I don’t think you can really make a strong case that what happened, didn’t take place in the .7 ticks. Yes, it was damn close to not counting but if you run the video repeatedly, it appears that the clock guy started the clock at the correct time and that Plav did in fact catch, dribble and release before it hit .00. I’m sure that if I were an Indiana fan, I’d be calling BS on it as well but if you put your bias aside, it’s hard to say it shouldn’t have gone our way.

We need a clip of the zebra calling the basket good. :bball:

They showed the final shot on ESPN news and I rewound it using TIVO like 15 times. It was great to see since I didn’t get to see it live.

It’s getting good over there. Now they are claiming that the clock operator is part of the conspiracy group to get Coach Davis fired. Next thing you know they will uncover the body of Jimmy Hoffa underneath the Hall.

Any way to download that thing?

Man, that was beautiful.

Watching that video and stoping it, it looks like a great play, perfect pass and catch.

People run 4.5 40’s, so you can run 6.22 yards in .7 seconds, so you can do a lot in .7 seconds.

If you want to be able to play it in windows media player, here’s a direct link…

http://portfolio.iu.edu/cbburnet/UNCC.wmv

-Mac

And now saved to the computer hard drive.

[i]Originally posted by NinerMac[/i]@Dec 22 2004, 11:40 PM [b] If you want to be able to play it in windows media player, here's a direct link...

http://portfolio.iu.edu/cbburnet/UNCC.wmv

-Mac [/b]

Mac, you are the man. thx.

[i]Originally posted by jcl49er[/i]@Dec 22 2004, 11:20 PM [b] I kept replaying it over and over and over. And I don't think you can really make a strong case that what happened, didn't take place in the .7 ticks. Yes, it was damn close to not counting but if you run the video repeatedly, it appears that the clock guy started the clock at the correct time and that Plav did in fact catch, dribble and release before it hit .00. I'm sure that if I were an Indiana fan, I'd be calling BS on it as well but if you put your bias aside, it's hard to say it shouldn't have gone our way. [/b]
No way you can catch, dribble and shoot in .7, however that is the IU shot clock operators problem and not ours. Once the officials go to the tape, they are only concerned with the time and the shot.

The clock operator did hesitate for .2 seconds or so but I think that’s probably the normal reaction time for a human being. There’s probably a couple tenths of a second that is added every time the clocker operator starts it when he sees the ball touch the inbound player’s hands throughout a game.

The clock read .7 seconds, it could have been as much as .799 seconds. I would accept that reaction from timekeepers would be approximately .2 seconds. It just caught up with IU this time.

[SIZE=4]AWESOME!!! [/SIZE]

East Blvd Picassos exploded.

[i]Originally posted by HP49er[/i]@Dec 23 2004, 08:31 AM [b] The clock read .7 seconds, it could have been as much as .799 seconds. I would accept that reaction from timekeepers would be approximately .2 seconds. It just caught up with IU this time. [/b]
As I said in the other thread, the clock operator goes off the ref's signal which goes off the ball touch. So, you're going to get at least .2 of a second with that chain reaction... Unless they come up with some technology, it's always gonna be that way.

-Mac

[i]Originally posted by NinerMac+Dec 23 2004, 08:53 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (NinerMac @ Dec 23 2004, 08:53 AM)