Wake Board

Here is the link:

http://mb16.scout.com/fwakeforestfrm1?page=1

No mention of us yet (probably a good thing) except for a poster calling us UNC-CLT when posting some scores.

There are threads about their coach leaving, fans wanting their coach to leave, lack of student support, large amounts of no-shows, and how familiar does this one sound… they always let an opposing player have a career high scoring night against them.

I have a friend who is a big Wake fan. He was talking trash to me after our poor start of the year. Needless to say he hasn’t spoken to me since. Wake is a dangerous game. I read on their boards from time to time. Most of their fans are pretty good except for a few people here or there.

[QUOTE=switchfoot;153187]He was talking trash to me after our poor start of the year. Needless to say he hasn’t spoken to me since. [/QUOTE]

what kind of friend is that?

[QUOTE]
Wake is a dangerous game. [/QUOTE]

very dangerous. the pressure is probably on them more than us.

Well since we haven’t spoke I wouldn’t say much of a friend. I debated being a real ass to him and should we be forunate enough to get a win it will be very tempting to call him up.

I was reading their board and thought I was reading our board.

[QUOTE=VA49er;153258]I was reading their board and thought I was reading our board.[/QUOTE]

Lots of similar threads.

Just visited the wake board: and that’s what it looks like…a wake! They think their season is over and it probably is. Now if we can get a W up there we can salvage our season somewhat.

I think I may have started something.

[URL=http://mb16.scout.com/fwakeforestfrm1.showMessage?topicID=68805.topic]Wake Thread[/URL]

[QUOTE=VA49er;153395]I think I may have started something.

[URL=http://mb16.scout.com/fwakeforestfrm1.showMessage?topicID=68805.topic]Wake Thread[/URL][/QUOTE]
Nice. Didn’t a few people here get into it with some Wake board earlier in the year and they just shouted ACC and academics no matter what a Niner said?

The only way to shut them up is to win. But even if we win we will get nothing but “you beat a horrible team, good job…”

Come on over whenever you feel like it. This is kinda fun.

O.K., here we go. Listen to these Wake fans put us down! Let me get this
straight. There are lots of Wake fans who will not attend the game. There
will be plenty of tickets, maybe free, outside Joel Coliseum if Niner fans will
simply show up. It’s a weekend game, afternoon for heavens’ sake, so Charlotte
students could “bus” to Winston-Salem, watch the Niners win, and be back
to Charlotte in time for the fraternity/sorority parties. I’ll get crazy here and
predict 2,000 Niner fans in the building on Saturday. Am I missing something???

Wow… looks like nothing but pricks on that board. I was going to try to get in on the “discussion” but there doesn’t appear to be much point…

[QUOTE=Max Power;153407]Wow… looks like nothing but pricks on that board. I was going to try to get in on the “discussion” but there doesn’t appear to be much point…[/QUOTE]

I work directly beside a Wake grad. I sent him the link to the Wake board, and he said “most of these guys aren’t even Deacons.” They’re not all pricks, just the ones that are posting in that thread.

I think most of them are being sarcastic. They seem to have lost all reason to live…

Chris Paul into the NBA = eternal damnation into basketball hell for Wake fans

I have heard from a Deacon Club member that Prosser gave us all kinds of props at his luncheon today.

[QUOTE=LakeNorman49er;153416]I have heard from a Deacon Club member that Prosser gave us all kinds of props at his luncheon today.[/QUOTE]
The Bobby Lutz school of pregame damage control:

No, really, South Florida has a few really good players this year, plus it is their senior night, they will have a lot of emotion behind the game. That 4-11 CUSA record means nothing, they have the talent to be 11-4

[QUOTE=Jimmyhat49er;153411]I think most of them are being sarcastic. They seem to have lost all reason to live…

Chris Paul into the NBA = eternal damnation into basketball hell for Wake fans[/QUOTE]

Most Wake fans used to be ok. Many still are, but a few of them have recently discovered what the inside of their ass looks like because they keep their head stuck up it all the time.

I’ve been attending their games since the 60’s and it wasn’t until the late 90’s that some of them started trying to be like tarhole fans.

i gotta say… with all the different boards i have seen from other schools… NinerNation.net has got to be the best of all of them… (i don’t mean “spirit”-wise)

my dad went to wake so i grew up a big wake fan. idk who those posters on the wake board are, but they act nothing like the wake fans i am used to being around.

[QUOTE=donkeyjaws;153425]idk who those posters on the wake board are, but they act nothing like the wake fans i am used to being around.[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%.