Wake Board

The Bobby Lutz school of pregame damage control:

No, really, South Florida has a few really good players this year, plus it is their senior night, they will have a lot of emotion behind the game. That 4-11 CUSA record means nothing, they have the talent to be 11-4

Iā€™m sure that tonight at Lutz Live, coach will get a question about Wake being at the bottom of the ACC and he will say something about how they won at Richmond and that our fans know about how tough it is to get a win at Richmond.

[QUOTE=HappyCamper49;153437]Iā€™m sure that tonight at Lutz Live, coach will get a question about Wake being at the bottom of the ACC and he will say something about how they won at Richmond and that our fans know about how tough it is to get a win at Richmond.[/QUOTE]

I understand Prosser has already done his pre-game damage control. He mentioned our win over Temple at his Deacon Club luncheon today and gave us some props.

Translation: ā€œIf we lose to Charlotte, its only because they have a great teamā€.

So, I guess, if we do lose, the 9er's will all storm the court?
Let's hope they do not have enough fans present to storm the court. The Niner fans I know in Charlotte (and I know quite a few) have given up this year almost as much as the Deacon fans.

It will be a little embarassing if they do have a strong turnout since we have supposedly sold out all games.

hmmmā€¦ this sounds quite interestingā€¦ strom the court if we win ehh?

ya know if iā€™m not mistaken we did end up selling out of ALL the tickets WF gave us and we actually had to get moreā€¦ right?

I believe so

The thread about us has already slipped halfway down the 2nd page. Itā€™s nice to see theyā€™re taking this game real seriously.

Why would they care? Its a throw away season for them. Iā€™m sure they cover their eyes every time their team plays (I was doing this at halton until a couple games ago haha).

[QUOTE=Iron9er;153514]Why would they care? Its a throw away season for them. Iā€™m sure they cover their eyes every time their team plays (I was doing this at halton until a couple games ago haha).[/QUOTE]

I really didnā€™t expect them to care.

They havenā€™t been this apathetic since the Bob Staack era 80ā€™s, which coincidentally coincided with our Wisselball era.

In the sports section this am in the column showing sports on TV this week end, they have Charlotte ABC affiliate channel 9 (cable 4) showing the OK State game at 3:30 Saturday. Maybe they are, but I thought our game was gonna be shown. Maybe channel 9 gave them the wrong info and the O didnā€™t even notice. What maroons they all be!

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;153510]The thread about us has already slipped halfway down the 2nd page. Itā€™s nice to see theyā€™re taking this game real seriously.[/QUOTE]

Not anymore. :shades:

The game is a regional ABC broadcast. Of course weā€™ll get it here in Charlotte. Observer was wrong.

The first couple of pages of that thread are great. Gotta give props to the Deac fans for the dark humor. That Bertt guy and the pressure defense comment was awesome :lmao:

the morale of that board has went down a lot since the beginning of the season

Let's talk football. How you guys looking next year?
from the wake board

That was a good one there, I had to laugh at that one.

I think if Charlotte put together a football team, it could be competitive with Wake.

Yeaā€¦Iā€™d rather not have football at allā€¦then to have wakes program.

Lol, for real. Until the addition of VT and Miami football wasnā€™t exactly much to talk about in the ACC.

Lol, for real. Until the addition of VT and Miami football wasn't exactly much to talk about in the ACC.

except for the fact that FSU did win the NCAA championship one year.

Yeah, guess theyā€™re ok (just kidding). BC is good too but theyā€™re also a new addition.

Any Wake fans on our board? I havenā€™t seen any. It seems to me that most of their online fans are really overlooking us.

I tried to start a thread on their board to talk about stats and the only response I got was ā€œWe will wipe the floor with Charlotteā€.

Sure, we arenā€™t having a great season, but neither are they.

70inchdeac comes around occassionally.