Wake-Charlotte Thread on the Wake boards

“High Point, Gardner-Webb and Fairleigh Dickinson on campus at Halton Arena.”

I know you can’t play ever game against great competition but I have made fun of other schools (memphis comes to mind) for scheduling these type of games.

Yet we get mad when bigger programs don’t play us. I see nothing wrong with these types of games every few years…

Hilararious post on their board a couple of weekends ago by a Wake poster wanting to fire their golf coach because Coastal Carolina and “UNCC” were better at golf than they were. I’m not kidding.

Take it from someone who has been to numerous Wake games… those posters posting that crap are in the minority of Wake fans, but… their numbers seem to be growing.

The problem is in the younger students/recent grads… and some also think that the price of their education automatically entitles them to better jobs.

[QUOTE=NinerPride;243900]“High Point, Gardner-Webb and Fairleigh Dickinson on campus at Halton Arena.”

I know you can’t play ever game against great competition but I have made fun of other schools (memphis comes to mind) for scheduling these type of games.[/QUOTE]
Do you want 2-3 wins at home or 2-3 losses, Pride? The Panthers will be no pushover. High Point will be a legitimate top 65 team this season, anything less than a Big South title and NCAA bit will be a huge disappointment for them. Arizona Reid could be the best visiting team’s player to hit the 49ers court next season. The Big South POY averaged 21.0 ppg (13th in NCAA) and 9.5 rpg (18th in NCAA). He scored in double-figures 29 times, including nineteen 20-plus point performances, with 13 double-doubles.

It will not surprise me in the least to see them come to Halton and win.

that was the most depressing charlotte game i’ve ever been too. not simply bc we lost, but in the manner. everyone fouled out, nobody could hit a shot, and wake practically handed us the win on a platter at the end and we did everything possible to come through with the loss

[QUOTE=Anborn;243610]fwiw… we both sucked 2 years ago when we played. I was at the game with another charlotte alumn and 2 wake alumns. all 4 of us had a hard time watching. one of the ugliest games (from both teams) i’ve seen in a long time. unfortunately they were slightly less atrocious than we were.[/QUOTE]
Were you not in Halton November 23, 2005? That was the absolute worst game the Niners have played. Possibly ever.

Were you not in Halton November 23, 2005? That was the absolute worst game the Niners have played. Possibly ever.

Chevee, I looked at my calender, that day didn’t exist.

[QUOTE=J Felt;243959]Chevee, I looked at my calender, that day didn’t exist.[/QUOTE]
A few days disappeared during the years of 1982-1985 as well but that one may have been the ultimate. It set my rehab back several weeks at the time.

[QUOTE=J Felt;243959]Chevee, I looked at my calender, that day didn’t exist.[/QUOTE]
You know what, you’re right. I looked back and can’t seem to find any record of that day. I guess that team’s wishes came true… It never happened. I still don’t get why Clemson will play at Halton, but Wake thinks they are too good to play us on our court.

[QUOTE=ChevEE;243961]I still don’t get why Clemson will play at Halton, but Wake THINKS they are too good to play us on our court.[/QUOTE]
I put the answer in bold print for you.