Wake postgame

Yep.

That sums it up nicely.

gonna lose the next two also. Did think we improved some on defense, just too many lapses and too short.

Ladies won so Judy is happy. Title IXers!

Positives
Ogbueze got his shot back. Ended up with 20 points. Many of the shots were contested.

Davis had some moments late but his slow start put us behind the eight ball.

Vanhook fought hard and was mostly effective. Just undersized.

Jackson brought some good energy and had a nice steal and breakaway dunk

Negatives
Hudson Price couldn’t make a shot and threw some wild passes.

White missed all his shots from the field. Many of them were open looks.

Interior defense was terrible.

Too many unforced turnovers.

We got curb stomped. I’m also wondering what Price’s plan is with Lukas. From what I’ve seen he doesn’t look like he will make a good center but it could be too early for me to tell. Maybe the plan is to develop him into some type of stretch 4?

I enjoyed the Or St game at Halton. I live less than 5 miles from LJVM, but didn’t attend. Yeah, my 1 year old makes it hard to attend during the week, but mostly I was just afraid of seeing what I thought I would see.

This.

Coach Price needs to get some big guys in here and have his players executing an offensive and defensive system that works. The current players don’t look like they know where they should be on the court. Just terrible. What recruits do we have verbals or signed that would tell us we are getting better?

And yes, a new coach deserves time and I’m not saying Price should be fired but don’t think Price having time guarantees success. Even though we are very undersized, I at least wished I could watch this team and think they are a well coached team that plays fundamental basketball. You don’t necessarily need size to execute an offense and move the ball around and take good shots. 20% of the time the team will look great making the extra pass and making smart decisions and then 80% of the time you scratch your head wondering if there is any coaching going on.

How many years should Price get? I’d say 4.

I wonder if Fancher would run the team differently or if he somewhat is now anyways. I know he had success at the college level at app. Each game I see the players playing undisciplined basketball makes me lose faith in Price as a coach.

This roster needs a senior (5th yr transfer) starter caliber big and an understudy future starter frosh / soph backing him up.

Price, Fancher, etc need to do whatever it takes to fix it for next season. No excuses.

I went in believing we might have a chance to at least keeping it competitive. But this game was never close…basically was over when we were stuck at 5 points for over 6 minutes. We should just prep ourselves for the next two games, it’s not going to be pretty. Esp maryland, they are going to manhandle our team down low. Benas and Lukas are extremely outweighed, muscled, everything honestly. To me they look slow and very raw (skill wise). Melo trimble will easily be the best guard the niners face this year too. Brace yourselves but don’t get too down about it, this team is an improvement and I think playing these tough teams should motivate them.

No chance against their big guy.

[quote=“JudyPleaseRetire, post:9, topic:30682”]This roster needs a senior (5th yr transfer) starter caliber big and an understudy future starter frosh / soph backing him up.

Price, Fancher, etc need to do whatever it takes to fix it for next season. No excuses.[/quote]

Is there any excuse for Price not to have somewhat quality bigs in his 3rd year? His first year obviously no and his second he gets a pass since recruiting late but his 3rd there should be no excuse.
Plus he should have hired assistants that have recruits being worked and pipelines of some sort.

clt says the refs took this one

Just returned from the whupping.I’ll try to be glass halffull…i’ll try.

Benas wasn’t totally incompetent,at least offensively…Jackson gives us great energy and good defense.Can drive on anyone,but unless his shot improves guys are going to back off him and keep him outside.

We outscored them in 2nd half…ok,so much was garbagetime. Team didn’t quit.

The bad…it’s on Price to get a couple of good bigs BY NEXT YEAR…otherwise we are doomed vs. decent teams with size.

Washington has shown very little…and that’s a lot more than the swede…he looks like a kid who has never played basketball and if he hasn’t muscled up his body at all with a year of redshirt,he gets pushed around by little guys…Having to start Aube says it all…Like others have noted,next 2 could be very ugly…hopefully will be a learning experience though.

Good 9er rooting section…I was off by myself,muttering curses under my breath most of the time.

Just to address everything said in the above. Coach Price is fine, he needs at least 5 years here before we can judge anything. Benas Bucks was not horribly bad tonight, Brax scored 20 and looks like he is getting comfortable shooting again, and Jackson is a future leader of this team.

On a completely other note, I enjoyed the atmosphere of this game. It was good to see the fans make the trip and show up for this game. Although Wake is an ACC team (a very bad one) I hope Judy takes something away from this trip. I saw her smug ass sitting in the corner from accross the court. Although the arena wasn’t crowded with Wake students or fans, the fans of the deacs and the arena atmosphere in general was great. It was an event, it was a show, and was just fun. There are simple things she and the athletic department can do to improve our home games.

Plus the beer.

First game of the year I got to watch most of…Wish it had gone better. Hopefully BO will have a good stretch here. He’s historically played in streaks, hope this is the start of a good one.
I think that we often look undisciplined and lost when/because we are playing against teams with superior size and athleticism. The game speeds up and we can’t always handle it. Stuff that usually works doesn’t. Shots that are open against ECU, are closed out much quicker against Wake. The more experience we have against playing those sorts of teams will help them slow the game back down and find ways to play against those types of teams.
Price is doing fine. We were scraping the bottom of the barrel after all of Major’s guys bolted. Yet he still found a Jon Davis last year. As long as we improve throughout the season, like we did last year, there is hope for this program. Don’t forget that this is still a young team compiled mostly of sophomores and freshmen.

We were overwhelmed at the beginning. We had some decent looks, but could not knock them down. Things snowballed from there. On the bright side, BO found his shot again and Benas had a decent game.

There was also a lot of green in the stands, wish we had been more competitive because that had the ingredients of a special night. Perhaps the next time there it will be.

[quote=“chidave, post:17, topic:30682”]We were overwhelmed at the beginning. We had some decent looks, but could not knock them down. Things snowballed from there. On the bright side, BO found his shot again and Benas had a decent game.

There was also a lot of green in the stands, wish we had been more competitive because that had the ingredients of a special night. Perhaps the next time there it will be.[/quote]
Enjoyed seeing us play in Winston-Salem near me. Things could have been different if we weren’t ice cold in the first 10 mintues. I don’t think we had any chance to win but to beat a big team like Wake we had to hit from 3. Nothing was falling.

Year 3 of Price should show much improvement, Year 4 more, and then Year 5 we should have something. If not we will be looking again I guess. I still have faith but man it is tough to watch us get killed.

I long for the days when we were relevant. Seems like so long ago.

[quote=“49erlocdawg, post:15, topic:30682”]Just to address everything said in the above. Coach Price is fine, he needs at least 5 years here before we can judge anything. Benas Bucks was not horribly bad tonight, Brax scored 20 and looks like he is getting comfortable shooting again, and Jackson is a future leader of this team.

On a completely other note, I enjoyed the atmosphere of this game. It was good to see the fans make the trip and show up for this game. Although Wake is an ACC team (a very bad one) I hope Judy takes something away from this trip. I saw her smug ass sitting in the corner from accross the court. Although the arena wasn’t crowded with Wake students or fans, the fans of the deacs and the arena atmosphere in general was great. It was an event, it was a show, and was just fun. There are simple things she and the athletic department can do to improve our home games.

Plus the beer.[/quote]

Beer helps.

Also, giving away free Chic-fil-A sandwiches if the opponent misses two consecutive FTs. Brilliant idea!

I long for the days when we were relevant. Seems like so long ago.

It was long ago.