Washington Postgame

Tough 2nd half cost us a chance at our 2nd win of the year

We led for almost the first 32 minutes of the game. Tough loss, but glad to see us bounce back like we did. Hitting only 50% of free throws may be what did us in.

Braxton was baddddd again tonight. He’s now shooting 31.6% from the field and actually shooting a slightly better 33% from 3. When you’re best returning player is shooting 19/60 on the year, you’re in big trouble. Also, Sullivan had a decent game but he just kept turning the ball over. Biggest positive was Uchebo, again. If his knees hold up, he should be a key in conference play

White should have been more selfish and got a few more shots off. He was having a good game and one of the top few players I’d want shooting it.

Sullivan helped and hurt us. He would make a good rebound or play and then have a turnover or miss FTs

2 walk ons played and Benas and Blakely did not.

Braxton has been a huge disappointment early on. Expected more from him. He’s getting out played by freshman.

We ran out of gas in the last ten minutes but it was nice to see us compete with a talented team. Good to see us come back and play hard after a horrible loss. Last few years we would pack it in for weeks after a bad loss. Coaching staff is doing well. Hope we bring it like this against Davidson.

Camidges minutes hVe declined since Elon, and Benas didn’t see the floor today, which says a lot about where he is in Price’s mind given our lack of size. Hopefully we can get some of the underperforming guys going, especially when they are more heralded talents. Benas and Blakely are players some people thought would be key for us this season, and they didn’t play. Hopefully Price lights a fire under those guys asses. We can’t afford to have 2 scholarship guys not play, especially when they’re both >6’9

First game I’ve seen this year. Thankfully did not see the Michigan massacre. Our guards are young, obviously, and will be hot and cold all year. Zero depth behind Sullivan and Uchebo. White, Davis and Vanhook will be solid players in couple of years. We have to hit a homerun with our next 2 recruiting classes or Mark Price has to be one hell of a coach, otherwise it will be a slow climb back to relevance. Like others have said, I want to see this team towards the end of the year and come conference tournament time. I’m not concerned with wins and losses this year. Just want to see improvement by our players and coaches. Mark Price has the pedigree, we can only hope that will carry over to the players.

Braxton couldn’t make a shot. Bernard was terrible at the FT line. Think our team went about 5 minutes without a bucket when Washington made their run. Other than those 3 things the guys looked okay.

White and Scott need minutes.

Brax and Davis just can’t shoot. Tough to win when 2/3rd of your backcourt are mid 30% shooters.

Uchebo easily the best player on our team during the tournament

Good to see our guys battle against some very talented players. Outplayed them for 32 minutes. Van hook/Bernard have to convert at the ft line. It will be interesting to see how we do in conference. I think Uchebo can me a major force. Still excited to see where the program goes once Price goes full force into recruiting! Go Niners!

I dislike that we are absolutely terrible, but at least Price has figured out that Benas and Blakely are not D-1 talents. Also I think its pretty clear that Camidge is terrible. So far White and Uchebo are the only guys playing for us with any kind of edge. I knew we would be terrible, but I didn’t know our coaching staff and players were going to have no expectation to actually win any games. But after watching 6 games that’s the impression im left with. Some of these turnovers we were making yesterday looked like shit you would see in a pick up game at the Y.

Why do you think they have no expectation to win any games? I don’t think we are terrible. I think we are limited. We can win some games but we need to recruit a center and a power forward who can start for next season. We also need a fifth year transfer and a wing. Of those things happen, a quick and big turnaround can be made next season.

Why do you think they have no expectation to win any games? I don’t think we are terrible. I think we are limited. We can win some games but we need to recruit a center and a power forward who can start for next season. We also need a fifth year transfer and a wing. Of those things happen, a quick and big turnaround can be made next season.[/quote]
Yep- we’re 2 players away. Unfortunately the two players are Parrish and McHale…

Why do you think they have no expectation to win any games? I don’t think we are terrible. I think we are limited. We can win some games but we need to recruit a center and a power forward who can start for next season. We also need a fifth year transfer and a wing. Of those things happen, a quick and big turnaround can be made next season.[/quote]
Yep- we’re 2 players away. Unfortunately the two players are Parrish and McHale…[/quote]

Hahaha. Good one. We really aren’t far away. We need three solid players and our returning players to improve.

Yep- we’re 2 players away. Unfortunately the two players are Parrish and McHale…[/quote]

Those 2 players had a teammate that “put us on the map”.

Hahaha. Good one. We really aren’t far away. We need three solid players and our returning players to improve.[/quote]

We are very far away, I agree with Hootie, though I would have gone with Jordan and Pippen. Who are you excited about next year? 2 of our top 5 players so far are Sullivan and Uchebo and they are both gone. The only one who is impressive so far who is returning is White. I don’t know maybe Price’s son will be a help though he didn’t show much at TCU. People seem to like to tout our young guards, but outside of White I don’t see a whole lot of can’t miss players.

Hahaha. Good one. We really aren’t far away. We need three solid players and our returning players to improve.[/quote]

We are very far away, I agree with Hootie, though I would have gone with Jordan and Pippen. Who are you excited about next year? 2 of our top 5 players so far are Sullivan and Uchebo and they are both gone. The only one who is impressive so far who is returning is White. I don’t know maybe Price’s son will be a help though he didn’t show much at TCU. People seem to like to tout our young guards, but outside of White I don’t see a whole lot of can’t miss players.[/quote]

Jackson, white, scott, I think think David will improve. He is a freshman point guard and whatever players we add. I stated that if price adds a couple of good bigs, we will be good, not the team as currently constructed. And for the first time in a while, I’m confident our players will improve. We almost beat Washington last night with one big and a bunch of newbies. We are not that far away. Go get ndiaye, bol, mcmanus and a fifth year transfer to add to jackson, Hudson and Swede and our returning,players and we have something.

[size=2]I have to agree with the masses. We aren’t even remotely close. We are almost a mediocre Southland Conference team. [/size]

[size=2]We need 2 full classes of good players, including at least 4 combined bigs that[font=Verdana] can actually play ball. We stripped this down to the studs, I’m not sure any of us (with a few notable exceptions) expected even a decent product this year- or even next. It took Mullins till year 3 to rebuild to tournament level from the Wissel Fire, it will take Price that to rebuild from Hurricane Major. [/font][/size]

We are very far away, I agree with Hootie, though I would have gone with Jordan and Pippen. Who are you excited about next year? 2 of our top 5 players so far are Sullivan and Uchebo and they are both gone. The only one who is impressive so far who is returning is White. I don’t know maybe Price’s son will be a help though he didn’t show much at TCU. People seem to like to tout our young guards, but outside of White I don’t see a whole lot of can’t miss players.[/quote]

Jackson, white, scott, I think think David will improve. He is a freshman point guard and whatever players we add. I stated that if price adds a couple of good bigs, we will be good, not the team as currently constructed. And for the first time in a while, I’m confident our players will improve. We almost beat Washington last night with one big and a bunch of newbies. We are not that far away. Go get ndiaye, bol, mcmanus and a fifth year transfer to add to jackson, Hudson and Swede and our returning,players and we have something.[/quote]

Jackson, we have no idea what we have there yet but I’m hopeful. White has been good and a pleasant surprise. Scott and Davis so far have had about 1 good game each. If you look at their numbers, its pretty bad. Yes, they are freshman and can improve and should, but they wouldn’t be playing more than 5 mins a game on any decent team we’ve had in the past. As much as we keep saying all we need is big guys (which by the way is a tall task to get 2-3 quality bigs), I think we need even more. At least a couple of years away sounds right and best case scenario.