Waxhaw Furniture Outlet

Anyone here purchased there before? Just curious how they are in comparison to the typical furniture stores around Charlotte/Kannapolis and if it’s worth my time to head up there? Looking for a good deal on a 6-person dining set and have checked most of the local venues to compare prices but Waxhaw is the only place I’ve yet to go.

The wife and I looked there when we were looking for new living room furniture…they had nothing. Quality seemed a little suspect also!

Can’t speak to their dining room stuff…however.

My advice…only ever go to waxhaw if it is a matter of life and death!

I’d make the trip… We have a coach that came from Rhode’s. A couple of years after buying it, we decided to get the chair and ottoman to match it. We ended up going to Waxhaw just to look, before buying anything from Rhode’s. We found the exact same chair… same color, same manufacturer… brand new, for $200 less than Rhode’s had it.

They have a lot of stuff out there so I’d say it is worth a trip. I think they are only open on weekends though so call before you go.

Highway 321 in Hickory, just north of the Lake Hickory Bridge, Broyhill outlet on the right. By far the best deal as far as price and quality goes you will find, a bit of a drive though.

They have a lot of stuff out there so I'd say it is worth a trip. I think they are only open on weekends though so call before you go.

Thurs-Sat. I’m taking the day off tomorrow to go shopping around and I’ve heard enough mixed reviews about Waxhaw that I figure it’s worth the trip. Only about 25 minutes from me so it’s not that big of a commitment if I can at least rule them out after looking or find a great deal.

I just hate furniture shopping. I’m picky as hell and there are just so many places to consider. Already spent over 2 weeks looking but I’m determined to come home with something tomorrow.

Grab a bite to eat at Angelo’s while you are down there. Good country cooking if you like it.

Grab a bite to eat at Angelo's while you are down there. Good country cooking if you like it.

Location? Ironically, I’ll be down there around lunchtime and some country cooking sounds appealing.

I was helping a buddy of mine(and fellow niner) move a few months back and he had an awesome dinning room set for six people that he wanted to sell. When I saw your message I gave him a call and he still had it. He wanted 1000$ nego. Let me know if you want me to put you in touch with him. We are in the lake norman area.

Try the potterbarn furniture outlet in Gaffney. Hit or miss, but usually have great deals on good quality stuff…

[QUOTE=Max Power;163519]I’d make the trip… We have a coach that came from Rhode’s. A couple of years after buying it, we decided to get the chair and ottoman to match it. We ended up going to Waxhaw just to look, before buying anything from Rhode’s. We found the exact same chair… same color, same manufacturer… brand new, for $200 less than Rhode’s had it.

They have a lot of stuff out there so I’d say it is worth a trip. I think they are only open on weekends though so call before you go.[/QUOTE]

Well it was a couch, not coach… :slight_smile:

With Waxhaw, the only possible downsides besides the drive is that you must pay with either cash or credit (no financing), and they normally have to order it - which can take a couple of weeks. Also, they don’t have a delivery service so you will need to get a truck to pick it up. But MP is right, we bought the EXACT SAME oversized chair and ottoman (the one in the living room) for over $250 less than what Rhodes wanted for it. As with any “no name” outlet, you have to look through the whole place to find a gem. If I’m remembering correctly, the dining room things are on the right hand side of the buildings (if walking in the main door). They had a good bit, but we weren’t really looking too hard since it wasn’t what we were after.

I say go for it, and good luck - just bring along several CDs for the ride. If you are going at lunch, you should be fine, but I think that they close at 8 - so keep that in mind if you don’t make it tomorrow.

Try the potterbarn furniture outlet in Gaffney. Hit or miss, but usually have great deals on good quality stuff...

Good store. Found several nice pieces in there before at really good prices. Just hate to drive that far and find nothing and I don’t have time to just “shop” up there for other stuff.

Thanks for the tip lake49er but that’s probably a tad more than I’m looking to spend. Hoping to stay under $800 if possible since it’s not going into a formal dining room. I’ve actually found a few sets for around/under that and I’m also looking for something specific:

Dark in color (espresso, dark walnut and possibly black) and NOT anything “natural”, pine, oak or cherry.

Traditional or comtemporary and NOT country.

All wood and no glass or wrought iron

Something that’s 48" long or 45" round but with an extension to go to 60+" so 6 can seat comfortably.

NO Windsor style chairs…not a fan at all.

Also looking for a matching hutch/buffet.

Any wonder why I’m still looking after two full weeks? :tongue: Actually, I’ve found a few that I really like but there’s always one particular trait that I don’t care for.

Well it was a couch, not coach... :)

With Waxhaw, the only possible downsides besides the drive is that you must pay with either cash or credit (no financing), and they normally have to order it - which can take a couple of weeks. Also, they don’t have a delivery service so you will need to get a truck to pick it up. But MP is right, we bought the EXACT SAME oversized chair and ottoman (the one in the living room) for over $250 less than what Rhodes wanted for it. As with any “no name” outlet, you have to look through the whole place to find a gem. If I’m remembering correctly, the dining room things are on the right hand side of the buildings (if walking in the main door). They had a good bit, but we weren’t really looking too hard since it wasn’t what we were after.

I say go for it, and good luck - just bring along several CDs for the ride. If you are going at lunch, you should be fine, but I think that they close at 8 - so keep that in mind if you don’t make it tomorrow.

I was wondering what the hell a “coach” was. :huh:

Paying with cash isn’t a problem and I have a coworker’s extended bed truck for the whole weekend but having to order it is gonna be a problem. I was under the impression that the place in Waxhaw had everything on the floor and you could take it the day you found it. Not sure I can wait another week or so because I recently lost my dining set to its rightful owner. :unsure:

I think I’ll head up there just so I don’t have to wonder what I may have missed out on. I just wish they opened at 8am instead 10am so I could go there first thing instead of lunch.

[QUOTE=jcl49er;163544]I was wondering what the hell a “coach” was. :huh:

Paying with cash isn’t a problem and I have a coworker’s extended bed truck for the whole weekend but having to order it is gonna be a problem. I was under the impression that the place in Waxhaw had everything on the floor and you could take it the day you found it. Not sure I can wait another week or so because I recently lost my dining set to its rightful owner. :unsure:

I think I’ll head up there just so I don’t have to wonder what I may have missed out on. I just wish they opened at 8am instead 10am so I could go there first thing instead of lunch.[/QUOTE]

I know that with ours we had to order it - HOWEVER I did see some things in plastic around the edge of the room - could be stock, could be things waiting to be picked up - I’m not sure. Guess you’ll just have to see for yourself tomorrow. Yeah they have weird hours. I remember that when my mom and I went to pick up my chair and ottoman we BARELY made it before they closed. The place shuts down at closing time… but getting there at 10 you should be fine…

And if you are interested in driving a good bit further, there’s a neat little place in downtown Cornelius. Not sure if you ever saw the mirror I got for our dining room or not - but it’s a big mirror, beautifully trimmed and painted black (also in white) and it was only $45. Take 77 to exit 28. Swing a right and go about a mile, it will be on your right. It’s an antique/other furniture place. My in-laws have purchased several pieces from there - some really nice black wood chairs too… Not sure of the name, but if you need it let me know and I’ll ask.