Way OT: World's Tallest, Fastest Roller Coaster...

The world’s tallest and fastest roller coaster is being built at Six Flags Great Adventure in New Jersey. 456 feet tall and launching to a top speed of 128 MPH.

Opens in 2005

Wanna Ride ???

My Webpage

I would be on that in a heartbeat.

Still trying to stop at Cedar Point one day on the way up to the in-laws in Michigan but we’ve never had the time. Some quality coasters there that I want to ride. That’s where you’ll find the Top Thrill Dragster which reaches 420 feet/120mph. Really wish Carowinds had something respectable but their coasters are a joke compared to some of the ones around the country. Top Gun is fun but it’s a kiddy-coaster in my opinion.

Here’s a shot of Top Thrill Dragster compared to other rides in the park. Good contrast of the size/height.

Couldn’t imagine riding a coaster that’s 36 feet taller and a little faster.

WTF?! Is that tower a DROP? :eek:

I’d #### the bed. At 120mph, I wouldnt stand a chance! :scared:

PS - This probably should be moved to the A&E forum. Cool post though.

Yeah, it’s basically a catapult-type coaster where you get hurled straight up that tower, which then corkscrews once back down. Rush from hell on that one. If you go toTop Thrill Dragster Info you can watch some video footage. NASTY ride.

Pretty crazy that that “tiny” roller coaster in the background was the tallest/fastest in the world just 4 years ago. TTD seems to dwarf it now.

I feel like puking just looking at it.

:scared: :scared:

One of my recent faves is “The Hulk” down at Universal Studios: Islands of Adventure in Orlando.

[i]Originally posted by jcl49er[/i]@Oct 7 2004, 01:34 PM [b] I would be on that in a heartbeat.

Still trying to stop at Cedar Point one day on the way up to the in-laws in Michigan but we’ve never had the time. Some quality coasters there that I want to ride. That’s where you’ll find the Top Thrill Dragster which reaches 420 feet/120mph. Really wish Carowinds had something respectable but their coasters are a joke compared to some of the ones around the country. Top Gun is fun but it’s a kiddy-coaster in my opinion.

Here’s a shot of Top Thrill Dragster compared to other rides in the park. Good contrast of the size/height.

Couldn’t imagine riding a coaster that’s 36 feet taller and a little faster. [/b]

Top Gun - a kiddie coaster?

Sure it’s not Top Thrill Dragster, but it’s consistently voted as one of the top inverted coasters in the country.

How long before someone reaches 800 ft with one of these coasters?

No offense, but yes, Top Gun is a joke compared to the majority of the “top” coasters in the country and I would lable it as a “kiddie coaster” when compared to most. It barely eclipses 100 feet tall and struggles to break 60mph. That’s not in the least bit impressive when you check out the specs on the usual contenders. Top Thrill is FOUR times that tall and doubles the speed capabilities of Top Gun. No real coaster enthusiast would even have it on his/her list of “must ride coasters” to be honest. It’s fun…have rode it probably 15-20 times but not much choice when it’s the best that Carowinds has to offer. Though, Thunder Road is more exciting, despite it being outdated.