We are GasHogs !!!

http://www.charlotte.com/217/story/684903.html

can’t say I’m really surprised. Especially with the number of single passenger SUV’s I can find around some parts of town.

I’m not gonna go eco-friendly and walk everywhere, but in this day and age, I’m very happy to have a full size car that gets 30 MPH on the highway.

SUV owners — what kind of mileage do you get?

[QUOTE=SilvioDante;326432]http://www.charlotte.com/217/story/684903.html

can’t say I’m really surprised. Especially with the number of single passenger SUV’s I can find around some parts of town.

I’m not gonna go eco-friendly and walk everywhere, but in this day and age, I’m very happy to have a full size car that gets 30 MPH on the highway.

SUV owners — what kind of mileage do you get?[/QUOTE]

about 18. On the highway. I hate it.

17-18. That is why I’ve been taking the bus in to work.

I’m a sweathog.

I get about 17 city, 21 hwy in my trailblazer. I really don’t drive much though, I have a short commute, and don’t exactly go cruising across the city on a regular basis.

[QUOTE=SilvioDante;326432][

SUV owners — what kind of mileage do you get?[/QUOTE]

I have a mid sized SUV that I’m keeping for a while despite only getting around 17 mpg in the city. I figure even at $3,000/year in gas, it’s cheaper to keep the vehicle than spend $20 - $30,000 on a new vehicle now. The plug in hybrids will hopefully come out when I’m ready to start looking for a new vehicle in a couple of years.

I get around 17, but my motorcycles serve as my primary means of transportation. I have not driven my Explorer to work in over 2 weeks. I can ride down to about 40 degrees and as long as it is not raining on my way in to work I don’t mind getting wet. I ride home in afternoon thunderstorms all the time. My main bike is averaging 50 MPG and I can pull better than 60 on the highway.

What I love is that unlike all of the gas sipper cars, I have world class performance while at the same time getting great gas mileage. Take a corvette off the line and get better mpg than a hybrid - perfect! Not to mention a motorcycle looks a lot cooler than a Prius.

that article is a joke…ozone days? we are in the muggy south…we were in the top ozone days in the 1600’s too.

I find it curious they didn’t state the number of gallons used, raw data.

Yahoo and a relocation magazine just named CLT the best place to move to, while Forbes I think had us at the bottom…these rankings are bogus.

My Civic Hybrid gets around 45-50 on the HWY and 40-42 in the City. Buy one while you can still get a tax credit. I got something like 2100 back this year.

I get 22 hwy/20 overall in my 4Runner, but we use our Z4 around town, unless we need more cargo/passenger space, and it gets very good mileage. Of course, it uses Premium grade gas, which costs out the wazoo, but it’s fun to drive.

[QUOTE=metro;326455]that article is a joke…ozone days? we are in the muggy south…we were in the top ozone days in the 1600’s too.

I find it curious they didn’t state the number of gallons used, raw data.

Yahoo and a relocation magazine just named CLT the best place to move to, while Forbes I think had us at the bottom…these rankings are bogus.[/QUOTE]

Bingo

IMO all these city rankings, quality of life rankings, best places to live ranking, etc. are a joke. Public entities to Mayor / Councils, to Chamber of Commerces, to business leaders influence the creators of these “studies” and skew the statistics.

The funniest ranking I ever saw was in Golf Magazine that had Perth Amboy has the #1 Golf City in the US.

http://www.golfonline.com/golfonline/travel/ranked/article/0,17742,1098535,00.html

The city doesn’t have a golf course in its boundary, in fact it doesn’t even have a golf course within less than 25 miles…

Some good oil news for a change: 2.2 M barrel swing on oil inventories. Investors expected 1.4 M barrel decline, instead saw 800,000 barrel gain.

for some reason the mpg on my truck have slowly increased since i’ve got it. started at 19 mpg now its at 22 mpg.

it normally takes 10K for the car to get the best gas mileage. at least that is what several dealers have told me. could be wrong

Bingo

IMO all these city rankings, quality of life rankings, best places to live ranking, etc. are a joke. Public entities to Mayor / Councils, to Chamber of Commerces, to business leaders influence the creators of these “studies” and skew the statistics.

The funniest ranking I ever saw was in Golf Magazine that had Perth Amboy has the #1 Golf City in the US.

http://www.golfonline.com/golfonline/travel/ranked/article/0,17742,1098535,00.html

The city doesn’t have a golf course in its boundary, in fact it doesn’t even have a golf course within less than 25 miles…

Golf Digest did a ranking similar to that a couple of years ago. They listed something like the 300 best little golf towns in America. Not only did Pinehurst not win, they were not even on the list! I believe Jamestown, NY won. A place I assume you can’t even play golf for about 4 months out of the year.

I sent them an email as to why Pinehurst was not even on the list. I asked was it an amateur contest and that Pinehurst was considered in the professional category of best little golf town. Because it’s really no contest. And the only place they may have lost to would be Myrtle Beach, which I don’t believe was in the top 20 either.

[QUOTE=donkeyjaws;326497]it normally takes 10K for the car to get the best gas mileage. at least that is what several dealers have told me. could be wrong[/QUOTE]

my truck is a 98.

[QUOTE=NLP;326481]Some good oil news for a change: 2.2 M barrel swing on oil inventories. Investors expected 1.4 M barrel decline, instead saw 800,000 barrel gain.[/QUOTE]

Good news no doubt, but will only delay the inevitable/obligatory 4 cent increase by about 3 days…

[QUOTE=dax;326491]for some reason the mpg on my truck have slowly increased since i’ve got it. started at 19 mpg now its at 22 mpg.[/QUOTE]

I’ve seen a noticeable uptick in my mpg just by slowing down on the interstate.

[QUOTE=VA49er;326513]I’ve seen a noticeable uptick in my mpg just by slowing down on the interstate.[/QUOTE]

i drive in the city with my windows down and on high way i put them up.

i start off my truck in second gear so i start off slower and i try to make sure the truck switches gears at 2200 rpms.

i coast into stop lights.

[QUOTE=dax;326521]i drive in the city with my windows down and on high way i put them up.

i start off my truck in second gear so i start off slower and i try to make sure the truck switches gears at 2200 rpms.

i coast into stop lights.[/QUOTE]

try killing the ignition at stoplights. i’ve been doing that and i’ve seen an increase in mpg