We are it...

The last undefeated team in CUSA.

Memphis got Frogged and Cincy got Pitino’d.

Let blow the Fairies out tonight.

Tintin

Sweet, need to keep to going for Cincy on Wed.

Let me know if you guys want me to bring back a “W” from Cincinnati.

[i]Originally posted by Tintin[/i]@Jan 15 2005, 03:23 PM [b] The last undefeated team in CUSA.

Memphis got Frogged and Cincy got Pitino’d.

Let blow the Fairies out tonight.

Tintin [/b]

fairies? we are not playing chapel hill. niners by 27.

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Jan 15 2005, 03:28 PM [b] Let me know if you guys want me to bring back a "W" from Cincinnati. [/b]
uh, ddddduuuuugggghhhh. you had better or we will kick your ass. :hammer:

Good day for us. Niner OOC opponents are 5-1 so far today with 2 more games to play.

Bring the pain niners. No way the Cats lose 2 in a row.

cincy might have caught a big break without mitch, but eddie can bring up the ball.

[i]Originally posted by finalfourtyniners[/i]@Jan 15 2005, 09:31 PM [b] cincy might have caught a big break without mitch, but eddie can bring up the ball. [/b]
He can bring it up the court but we'll lack that super quick penetration that we get from Mitch. I don't think we're nearly as good of a team without Mitch on the court. We're capable without him but Curtis and Plavich are going to have to have a huge game if Mitch can't go.

If Mitch is out past wed…I hope Leemire will do what Mitch did to Louisville last year, play 40 minutes and have the game of his life.

Well then again, “THREE”-mire Goldwire, I don’t believe, is ready for 40 minutes. But this could be that time, that national attention, on ESPN, the time to shine and step up to BE a super freshman. The time to show why he’s the future of Charlotte for the next 3 and a half years…

I just hope hes up for it…and we need our best power forward in the league Withers to play like he did vs Bama.

We can do it B) …LET’S GO NINERS!!!

This is off topic, but why does the announcer not know how to pronounce Leemire’s name? Anyone else notice that?

[i]Originally posted by NINERcowbellplayer[/i]@Jan 15 2005, 09:55 PM [b] If Mitch is out past wed......I hope Leemire will do what Mitch did to Louisville last year, play 40 minutes and have the game of his life.

Well then again, “THREE”-mire Goldwire, I don’t believe, is ready for 40 minutes. But this could be that time, that national attention, on ESPN, the time to shine and step up to BE a super freshman. The time to show why he’s the future of Charlotte for the next 3 and a half years…

[/b]

I like Leemire but I’m not so sure he’s ready for a game like the one we’ll be facing on Wednesday, in that environment. Obviously, he’s going to be on the court a good bit but I can’t rely on him to step up and carry this team in the Shoe. If we’re to make up for the loss of Mitch, it’s going to have to come from guys like Eddie, Curt and Plav. Those guys will have to play monster games IMO. Don’t get me wrong, we need Leemire to play a great game but our fate in this matchup will not lie on him having a career game.

I guess niner nation will just have to make it a hospitable environment for LG B)

[i]Originally posted by jcl49er+Jan 15 2005, 10:00 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (jcl49er @ Jan 15 2005, 10:00 PM)

Coach brought up a good point in the post game that cincy really hasn’t pressed us a bunch since Tremaine was here. With Eddie, Lee and Drayton I think we can break the press well enough for it not to bother us. They don’t press near as hard as UAB. It’s the penetration that we’ll really miss Mitch on.

This is dejavu all over again…Demon out for a big game last year ginst a ranked opponent and Mitch showed up large. Time for Lee to shine.

We’ll win.

[i]Originally posted by MKNiner[/i]@Jan 15 2005, 10:32 PM [b] Coach brought up a good point in the post game that cincy really hasn't pressed us a bunch since Tremaine was here. With Eddie, Lee and Drayton I think we can break the press well enough for it not to bother us. They don't press near as hard as UAB. It's the penetration that we'll really miss Mitch on. [/b]
[b] It's the penetration that we'll really miss Mitch on.[/b]

I think that might be the last thing we will miss about him. We take for granted Mitch’s ability to beat pressure, get us into our offense and hit clutch free throws.

Our offense is stagnant without him and without his free throw shooting we will be in big trouble at UC.

On the bright side, he’ll be back and we are in good position no matter what happens wednesday.

This could be a blessing in disguise. Leemire gets a little fire to battle test him for the tourney. Even if we drop at Cincy we’re still in good shape if we handle our business at home.

[i]Originally posted by allie49er[/i]@Jan 15 2005, 09:58 PM [b] This is off topic, but why does the announcer not know how to pronounce Leemire's name? Anyone else notice that? [/b]
I'll just say, we better enjoy the announcer now, his act will have to change for next season. Halton was quiet some of the time without his prompting the crowd to cheer last night. According to the Atlantic 10 policy manual (page 33), IMO, things will dramatically change.
[b]7.01 The public address announcer should be professional, courteous, noncontroversial and should refrain from “cheerleading”. It is the responsibility of the host institution to provide the public address announcer with pronunciations and the pre-game timing format and timeout policy. Game officials are not to be introduced at any time.[/b]

Something (an injury) has always bit the team, usually in preseason or at least very early, this year it just happened a bit later. :frowning: