we are not good

I sent my kids to the game tonight with grandparents…didn’t watch a single play. How on god’s green earth do you only beat FD by 6 at home? Inexcusable. They outscored us by 4 in the 2nd half. This game bothers me as much as Hofstra and Monmouth. It doesn’t appear we are improving at all.

Just a bad game. How does GW beat Kentucky?

Everyone has a bad game. I think we are alot better then we played tonight. Were not as good as some of people on here think though.

Metro, are you bored and trying to find someone to pick a fight with? Im gonna sit back and enjoy this one. I say Metro -3.5

[QUOTE=Gill2003;279861]Just a bad game. How does GW beat Kentucky?

Everyone has a bad game. I think we are alot better then we played tonight. Were not as good as alot of people on here think though.[/QUOTE]

We’re also not as bad as Metro thinks. We are a slightly above average basketball team that will improve as they play together. They also seem to play better with hyped crowds.

Tintin

We're also not as bad as Metro thinks. We are a slightly above average basketball team that will improve as they play together. They also seem to play better with hyped crowds.

Tintin

If our team is EVER as bad as metro thinks it is, it’s time to give up on the whole basketball thing altogether.

If you didn’t go to the game don’t come on criticizing our play. We didn’t play great but we were up by double digits pretty much all game. Lee had one of his worst games, coley was playing gingerly on his hurt ankle. We won!!! That is all that matters. Sorry to come across as an a**hole but we just had a bad game and guess what we won!!

The ‘predicted scores’ only had us winning by 7 points, so I’m not much surprised. But, when you hold a team’s scoring to 18 below their average, you’re doing something right.

Ironic, though… that someone who admits he never saw a single play can be so critical.

I sent my kids to the game tonight with grandparents....didn't watch a single play. How on god's green earth do you only beat FD by 6 at home? Inexcusable. They outscored us by 4 in the 2nd half. This game bothers me as much as Hofstra and Monmouth. It doesn't appear we are improving at all.

[QUOTE]Were not as good as some of people on here think though.[/QUOTE]

Probably pretty true.

If you were at the game, you would’ve seen some positives. Defense played well.

However, other than Wilderness, I thought the effectiveness of the offense was as bad or worse than anything I saw last year at Halton.

Good thing this was FDU and not Dayton, Xavier or Rhode Island…those schools would’ve KICKED our ass.

Will be interesting to see how Lutz prepares for a mediocre, but talented Maryland team and Clempson.

Just a bad game. How does GW beat Kentucky?

Everyone has a bad game.

we seem to have more than our share lately,
enjoy the kool aid

Play better if the crowd is louder/bigger? You play a game, ANY GAME, regardless
of the crowd, TO WIN. I said Win and win big.

The 'predicted scores' only had us winning by 7 points, so I'm not much surprised. But, when you hold a team's scoring to 18 below their average, you're doing something right.

Ironic, though… that someone who admits he never saw a single play can be so critical.

its Fairleigh-Dickinson (people on NNN who actually know sports- which is getting fewer and fewer, know how bad of a program FD is), you don’t allow them to come into Halton with a 6 point margin. I can look at a stat sheet and see 20-62 FG%. And since when do you have to watch the game to be upset about the outcome? Ridiculous post Cptn.

We're also not as bad as Metro thinks. Tintin

really? We can’t score. 20-62 fg against mf’n Fairleigh-Dickinson at home. :lmao:

the stat sheet looks like we played Duke.

With Leemire having a piss poor game offensively and us building such a big lead. I was excited. Didn’t like us letting them back in the game, but THAT happens all the time. We defended well, they hit some 3’s with our guys all over them, but did hit a couple uncontested ones. Its a win, we shot good from the FT line (for us), rebounded well, and when Gaby was in there, they weren’t going to get anything in the lane.

[QUOTE=metro;279875]
the stat sheet looks like we played Duke.[/QUOTE]

Well, the dominant colors of the FDU unis were blue and white.

:smile:

its Fairleigh-Dickinson (people on NNN who actually know sports- which is getting fewer and fewer, know how bad of a program FD is), you don't allow them to come into Halton with a 6 point margin. I can look at a stat sheet and see 20-62 FG%. And since when do you have to watch the game to be upset about the outcome? Ridiculous post Cptn.

What’s ridiculous is that you think a stat sheet tells the whole story. If you’re as attuned to sports as you claim to be (and more so than others on this board), you’d know that a list of numbers without knowing how those numbers were produced is completely senseless.

With Leemire having a piss poor game offensively and us building such a big lead. I was excited. Didn't like us letting them back in the game, but THAT happens all the time. We defended well, they hit some 3's with our guys all over them, but did hit a couple uncontested ones. Its a win, we shot good from the FT line (for us), rebounded well, and when Gaby was in there, they weren't going to get anything in the lane.

that is almost code for “the average fan doesn’t know how good Fairleigh-Dickinson is”

What's ridiculous is that you think a stat sheet tells the whole story. If you're as attuned to sports as you claim to be (and more so than others on this board), you'd know that a list of numbers without knowing how those numbers were produced is completely senseless.

I am “attuned” enough to know that beating one of the worst D1 programs in the NCAA by 6 at home, and shooting 20-62 is B-R-U-T-A-L. Stat sheets don’t tell all, but there is a reason they exist.

I just think one of Lutz’ trademarks is playing to your competition. It happens over and over and over and over again. Like I said a few weeks ago, I bet Lutz (a scratch golfer) probably shoots 100 when he plays with 3 hackers. I am sure we will play Maryland and Clemson tough now because they are “ACC” and they get “real focused for the fans” :rolleyes:

Was at the game. That performance was brutal. I’ve been going to games since '90 and that was one of the worst performances from a Niner team vs a lame ass FDU. You do not play like that vs a cupcake at HOME!! Play like that vs Terps and see what it gets ya. We’ll see.

[QUOTE=metro;279879]that is almost code for “the average fan doesn’t know how good Fairleigh-Dickinson is”[/QUOTE]

for the record, I hate that quote and wish it would be banished to the Gulag.

We should have closed out FDU, no excuses. However, we let them get within 3 points and held on. A win is a win, time to move on.

I am sure we will play Maryland and Clemson tough now because they are "ACC" and they get "real focused for the fans" :rolleyes:

Let’s hope.

we seem to have more than our share lately, enjoy the kool aid

Oh I will. Throw in lots of sugar too.

It was a bad game, and watching the game, you could tell we were lethargic. We didnt have bad games against HP, App, SIU, WF, Davidson.