We Look Deep

You can’t tell alot at these Basketball Madness events but…we look deep.

-All of the guards looked good (Lee’s fake cross-over to spin move to baseline reverse was NASTY).
-Curt was Curt.
-Coleman has great shooting touch and passes great for a big guy (nice back door pass on one play)

• Nance looked solid - hit a 15ft jumper
  • It looked like we have 6 EJ Draytons - and he didn’t even participate (Courtney Williams, Jerell Jamison and DA all looked solid…Courtney especially)

Alot of athletes.
Maybe no great shooters but a lot of good shooters.

Could be a great year.

Courtney Williams looked amazing, already 200x better than iti.

We do look deep.

Jury’s still completely out on how we’ll play defensively and in half court sets. We should be impossible to stop on fast breaks with that many athletes.

Kinda interested in seeing who will be our go to guy. Might have as many as 3 - Curt, DA and maybe even Threemire if he’s hot.

Jamison looked good dunking, but this is a no-defense scrimmage. I was just suprised at how agile, coordinated and competent Williams was. Expected almost nothing from him offensively and he showed a little bit of everything. If he can rebound and play D, he’s gonna get minutes.

Nance looks good. Pencil him in at the 5 and let’s start the season.

Lotsa students tonight. Thanks for coming out. Bobby reminded the crowd we are in the top 10 in the nation for student attendance. Time for the alumni to hold up their end.

the starting line up will be similar to that of the N.C. State game

PG - Mitch
SG - Threemire/Marcus
SF - DA/Jerrell Jameson
PF - EJ/Dumptruck
C - Curt/Courtney

[i]Originally posted by NinerAdvocate[/i]@Oct 20 2005, 11:30 PM [b] ....Jury's still completely out on how we'll play defensively and in half court sets.....

…this is a no-defense scrimmage…

…I was just suprised at how agile, coordinated and competent Williams was…

[/b]

Agreed.

Agreed.

Agreed.

Wasn’t able to make it tonight :frowning:

Why wasn’t Drayton out there?

Good news on C Dub light (Courtney Williams).

Did Marcus not impress? At least not as much as Little Demon I guess? I know its hard to tell, but…

and what about Lewis, did he get out there, or who is gonna back up Mitch this year?

I was very glad to see the new chancellor there with a big NINER NATION shirt on. I already like this guy.

[i]Originally posted by Lancer49er[/i]@Oct 21 2005, 12:13 AM [b] I was very glad to see the new chancellor there with a big NINER NATION shirt on. I already like this guy. [/b]
I agree, he is not another stuffed shirt, I like him...

When do we get to visit his new house? Has anybody made it inside yet?

Jerrell looked fine. Missed a jumper, but made a bunch of well placed passes for oops.
I still don’t feel like I know his game yet.

Marcus is a cannonball. The man goes at the rim hard. Really good hops (not quite Mitch’s hops) and wide for a shooting guard.

EJ is hurt right now. he has some problems with his shoulder.

Who is the really big 00 guy? I coudln’t really understand the announcers tonight.

Antwon Coleman…he is the JuCo that came with Jerrell Jameson. He’s the guy that lost 49 pounds flipping a monster truck tire up and down halton.

Where’s Nance on that list I think Courtney Williams could play something besides Center with his shooting ability and Coleman is a big time rebounder. Bennett won the dunk contest against Withers in the finals, he’s nice. Ready for this year

[i]Originally posted by the daxified one[/i]@Oct 21 2005, 12:35 AM [b] the starting line up will be similar to that of the N.C. State game

PG - Mitch
SG - Threemire/Marcus
SF - DA/Jerrell Jameson
PF - EJ/Dumptruck
C - Curt/Courtney [/b]

Jerrell Lewis showed really good handles, i hope he gets a shot at some PT

Williams looks really good and he arm seem to almost come down to his kenee- his wingspan must be insane.

I like that gave and go between Coleman and Jamison.

[i]Originally posted by pcon[/i]@Oct 21 2005, 08:22 AM [b] Williams looks really good and he arm seem to almost come down to his kenee- his wingspan must be insane. [/b]
his dunks were pretty nasty and i think that he maybe came 8 inches off the ground. Where was this kid 3 years ago while we were looking at Iti?
[i]Originally posted by the daxified one[/i]@Oct 20 2005, 11:35 PM [b] the starting line up will be similar to that of the N.C. State game

PG - Mitch
SG - Threemire/Marcus
SF - DA/Jerrell Jameson
PF - EJ/Dumptruck
C - Curt/Courtney [/b]

Most teams use an 8 man rotation, even if they are deep. If that is the case then here is who I think the 8 will be…

Mitch PG
Lee PG/SG
DA SG/SF
Bennett SG/PG
EJ SF/PF
Curt PF/C
Williams C/PF
Nance C/PF

I think whether we start with a small line up or big line up depends on the match up.

[i]Originally posted by NinerMac+Oct 21 2005, 12:23 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (NinerMac @ Oct 21 2005, 12:23 AM)
[i]Originally posted by NinerMac+Oct 21 2005, 12:23 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (NinerMac @ Oct 21 2005, 12:23 AM)