We played like champions

actually it was because he said he hangs out in gay bars… but whatever.

NCSU wasn’t mediocre. They had a 6-10 senior big guy who could shoot the ball, two seniors in the backcourt that could flat out play and two role players who did there jobs. Add shooter to come in and spell the other guards and arguably the best game coach that ever lived, and you have a team far from mediocre. Remember, they had injuries during the regular season that cost them a few games.

...we are second!...

In the A-10. :ohmy:

Just doesn’t seem possible to me.

[QUOTE=finalfourtyniners;155100]hey gaytown heres some news you may not know, youve pointed out how bad we are, and everyone agrees… but are you blind have you seen the damn a-10 it is horrible except gw, we are second! Explain to me why the second place team can’t reach the a-10 finals? Top it off with the fact that gw beat st joes by 2 and umass by 3. They are not world beaters! give me 10-1 odds since you are so sure, i mean you can’t lose that bet according to you. Ive got as much money as you want right here, come and take it![/QUOTE]

I love it when people who disagree with me feel the need to call me names…

Anyway.

Yes, the A-10 is horrid…and we are 8-3 against those horrid teams. Do we have a chance to make the finals of the tourney, statistically and theoretically, sure. BUT HAVE YOU SEEN THIS TEAM PLAY?? If you want 10-1 odds that the Niners will win the A-10 Tourney…you got it. I’d play that bet all day long.

Look. I don’t wish bad things on this team, nor do I want us to fail. I am simply realistic enough to see our team for what it is. And it is BAD. We have been decent on a few occassions, average on many occassions and awful on more than we have been decent.

We are what we are. Potential and expectations aside…we are not a very good basketball team. I hate it. And I still pull like crazy for our boys every night out. I am just a realist with my observations and critique…unlike many on this board who simply use blind faith, green tinted glasses and more canned excuses than ever used by Rafael Palmeiro.

Don’t hate me for being a realist…or for being right.

hey you brought up the gay bars not me… besides lightnen up a bit just a joke.

Every single Ktown post…

"WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??? The niners SUCK! WE HAVE NO TALENT. The A-10 sucks!!! Hate to say that I was right but I was SOOO right. I’m right…your wrong. Your SOOOO wrong. I live in reality…you don’t!

Our fans are retarded…or on drugs. Niner fans have a drug problem. As previously posted…niner fans do drugs.!!!"

Ktown…we get it…you think the team and conference suck and you think anyone who thinks otherwise is either out to lunch or doing illicit drugs!!!

There is no need for you to ever post anything on this topic again.

Nova beat Georgetown.

UTEP went to the national championship and their mascot is the miners, miners rhymes with Niners so therefore we have a shot.

UTEP went to the national championship and their mascot is the miners, miners rhymes with Niners so therefore we have a shot.

must not respond…like Happy…must resist…Happy is a faithful 49er fan, need more like Happy…urge to respond is getting stronger…Happy is friend, sarcastic reply not…

[QUOTE=hootie;155108]NCSU wasn’t mediocre. They had a 6-10 senior big guy who could shoot the ball, two seniors in the backcourt that could flat out play and two role players who did there jobs. Add shooter to come in and spell the other guards and arguably the best game coach that ever lived, and you have a team far from mediocre. Remember, they had injuries during the regular season that cost them a few games.[/QUOTE]

Anyone else think it is odd that we are talking about the 83 State team when we are playing a team coached by Derek Whittenburg on Saturday??

As far as winning the A-10 Tourney, if we have the 2 seed we have a shot. But judging from past experience, it’s hard for me to have confidence when it comes tourney time. What are we, 0-4 in our last C-USA/ NCAA Tourney games??

NCAA 05 State L
C-USA 05 Memphis L
NCAA 04 Texas Tech L
C-USA 04 UAB L

[QUOTE=casstommy;155257]
Ktown…we get it…[/QUOTE]

No…apparently, that’s the problem.

If everybody DID understand…I wouldn’t have to repeat myself. But as long as some exercise their right to express thier COMPLETLY and OVERTLY biased opinion, I will continue to exercise my right to respond.

Thank you.

P.S. I will mark you off the list though…since you seem to grasp the idea. Help me spread the word will you? There are so few of us that actually live and breathe “The Truth.” You and I will start a TRUTH REVOLUTION!!!

Thanks for your help!

Viva La Revolucion!

[QUOTE=casstommy;155296]Viva La Revolucion![/QUOTE]

If we plan this right, we could take over this board, the fanbase, the students and the alumni base quicker than the drug problem did!!!

LONG LIVE THE TRUTH!!

Wow how this thread is dripping with sarcaism. It’s very comical.

Hate to say it but I understand completely what K-town is saying.
I want so bad for this team to string together some games so bad that I sometimes trick my self into believing they can.

It’s obvious we have a chance to win the A-10 tourney. As bad as we are, the A-10 is just as bad.

And yea we COULD beat GW, after all a team can have a bad day every once in a while . That’s called an upset. We clearly aren’t better than them and have no concept of how to work the ball inside and out to get a good shot. (BTW, passing around the perimeter and jacking up a three, even when the guy is a couple feet off of you, is not working the ball around for a good shot.)

We do have a SHOT to win the A-10 tourney, and I remain optimistic and hope that our team somehow knocks down every shot and plays tough D each game.

But like K-town says reality is reality, and this team has been INCONSISTENT all year.

When you say this team played like champions? Take a minute and ask what good team have we had a Good game against? (St. Joes, Temple, Rutgers all don’t classify as good teams).

Face it, if this team continues to play the way it plays, we won’t win the A-10 tourney and much less we won’t come near winning the NIT.

Like K-town said the Truth is hard.

What most of you guys should do is admit this and then tell him,
But I can still Dream.

...Hate to say it but I understand completely what K-town is saying. I want so bad for this team to string together some games so bad that I sometimes trick my self into believing they can.

It’s obvious we have a chance to win the A-10 tourney. As bad as we are, the A-10 is just as bad.

And yea we COULD beat GW, after all a team can have a bad day every once in a while . That’s called an upset. We clearly aren’t better than them and have no concept of how to work the ball inside and out to get a good shot. (BTW, passing around the perimeter and jacking up a three, even when the guy is a couple feet off of you, is not working the ball around for a good shot.)

We do have a SHOT to win the A-10 tourney, and I remain optimistic and hope that our team somehow knocks down every shot and plays tough D each game.

But like K-town says reality is reality, and this team has been INCONSISTENT all year.

When you say this team played like champions? Take a minute and ask what good team have we had a Good game against? (St. Joes, Temple, Rutgers all don’t classify as good teams).

Face it, if this team continues to play the way it plays, we won’t win the A-10 tourney and much less we won’t come near winning the NIT.

But I can still Dream.

Well said.

Does anyone find college basketball to be much more entertaining during the season than college football…oh, the hope is always there until the end of conference tournaments. Our win percentage in football, and fans would be non-existent.

And I am hopeful. Cinderella’s will always exist if the team plays with heart.

Anyone remember the cardiac pack of NCSU reaching the ACC finals against UNC in 1997? They sucked…badly. They played 5 guys with one sub that had very few minutes. They won all of two? conference games, and one was by a no-call free throw lane violation at the end of the game. I remember Gainey barely being able to walk off the court b/c of cramps.

What about UNC-Asheville two years ago? They had a losing record and made the tournament. Some will argue it was because of their difficult strength of scheduling, but watching them during the season, they were flat out horrible. During the tournament, though, they found a post play for their bigs that worked and they rode that play straight into the NCAA’s.

We may not have reached our preseason expectations, but there is hope in college basketball. And we should have hope since our team has heart and plays hard even though they miss needed skills.

We can always kick them during the offseason, when we have nothing better to do for 6 months. At least whatever good happens the rest of this season will be gravy after the way the season beginning brought everyone down.

[QUOTE=casstommy;155257]Every single Ktown post…

"WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??? The niners SUCK! WE HAVE NO TALENT. The A-10 sucks!!! Hate to say that I was right but I was SOOO right. I’m right…your wrong. Your SOOOO wrong. I live in reality…you don’t!

Our fans are retarded…or on drugs. Niner fans have a drug problem. As previously posted…niner fans do drugs.!!!"

Ktown…we get it…you think the team and conference suck and you think anyone who thinks otherwise is either out to lunch or doing illicit drugs!!!

There is no need for you to ever post anything on this topic again.[/QUOTE]

Quoted for truth. Someone take his caps lock button already. Jheez.

Wow how this thread is dripping with sarcaism. It's very comical.

Hate to say it but I understand completely what K-town is saying.
I want so bad for this team to string together some games so bad that I sometimes trick my self into believing they can.

But I can still Dream.

Applause