We suck...

at least tickets for the Indiana game should be easy to find.

He was 4-7 from the field with 12 points, 4 rebounds, 8 assists and 4 TO's.

To this, all I would say is (if you could) re-watch the game, and see how many of the ā€œassistsā€ came on wide-open jumpers he just happened to pass to the shooter. He didnā€™t put anyone in a position to score. He doesnā€™t hit the glass, he gets boards that fall into his hands or are tipped out to him. Same thing with his near triple-double from a few weeks ago.

Is he terrible? No. Does he create shots for other people, I donā€™t think he does, at least not at the 2:1 ratio his statline seemed to show. He rarely drives and dishes, in fact he rarely drives at all.

From what I remember

Lee drove to the hoop twice, first time he scored, second time he dish to Curt and Curt had and 1

DA drove once and was fouled.

Mitch - I donā€™t remember seeing him drive to the basket at all and I agree with Brick Tamland, Weather, Mitchā€™s assist came on wide-open jumpers he just happened to pass to the shooter.

However, I think our offense was alright, not great, but not so bad either, we were making shots, what cost us the game was our defense.

From what I remember

Lee drove to the hoop twice, first time he scored, second time he dish to Curt and Curt had and 1

Mitch - I donā€™t remember seeing him drive to the basket at all and I agree with Brick Tamland, Weather, Mitchā€™s assist came on wide-open jumpers he just happened to pass to the shooter.

However, I think our offense was alright, not great, but not so bad either, we were making shots, what cost us the game was our defense.

To reemphasize what everyone has already stated, as long as Loooootz is in town, never blame the loss on our defense. We donā€™t have a defense.

[QUOTE=walaboom;143892]From what I remember

However, I think our offense was alright, not great, but not so bad either, we were making shots, what cost us the game was our defense.[/QUOTE]

Emphatically agree, with one exception. We turned the ball over about 6 times in a row on offense in the first half, and 12 times that half. Other than that, our offense was ok. It would actually be GOOD if Lutz would play a lead guard that attacked the zone/basket with the dribble/dish or layup & got to the line.

I agree about 50%. I think our offense needs to live and die with Curt. Heā€™s not getting the ball and heā€™s going to get irritated ā€¦ actually I think he already looks irritated. Either win with him, or lose with him. Donā€™t lose without him, if you see what Iā€™m saying.

DA will get more open Jā€™s if we continue to go into Curt. Which is a good thing. Same for Lee, and even Mitch, who CAN shoot when open (I just donā€™t see him creating as much as I think he could).

I think we scored ok vs. Valpo, but against a better team weā€™re not going to get the looks that we got in that game. We are going to have to be more aggressive going to the hoop. We do a lot of passing back and forth at the top of the key, it seems.

Also, my main concern right now is that we only got to the line 11 times against Valpo. They were 12 of 12 from the line, we were 6 of 11. DA is the type of player that should/could be getting to the line 10 times by himself. (Obviously itā€™s silly to complain about that after he put up 32, but that isnā€™t going to happen every game). Curt should be on the line 5-8 times per game. We are not taking it with authority.

Against Indiana - Killingsworth. We need to basically use everyone we have to control him down low. Curt could get into foul trouble against him. Coleman is going to have to step up, Jamison, anyone tall.

[QUOTE=Brick Tamland, Weather;143876]To this, all I would say is (if you could) re-watch the game, and see how many of the ā€œassistsā€ came on wide-open jumpers he just happened to pass to the shooter. He didnā€™t put anyone in a position to score. He doesnā€™t hit the glass, he gets boards that fall into his hands or are tipped out to him. Same thing with his near triple-double from a few weeks ago.

Is he terrible? No. Does he create shots for other people, I donā€™t think he does, at least not at the 2:1 ratio his statline seemed to show. He rarely drives and dishes, in fact he rarely drives at all.[/QUOTE]

I love how some of you guys want players to simply ā€œdrive to the basketā€. Are you people aware that we face almost nothing but 2-3 and 1-3-1 zones and match-ups? Do you know what these defenses are designed to take away?

Itā€™s basketball ignorants like you that have watched too many NBA highlights on Sportscenter and think that every guard should be able to get into the paint or to the rim anytime the want. It doesnā€™t work that way.

What some of you donā€™t understand is that Mitch is only doing what Lutz asks him to do. Anyone who watched him play in high school knows he is capable of doing more but Bobby tells him how he wants things done and if you want PT as a Niner, you do what Lutz asks.

This is why Lutz is always praising Mitchā€™s game, because he does exactly what Lutz wants him to doā€¦beat pressure, push it in transition with numbers, donā€™t turn it over and run LUTZā€™S plays.

[QUOTE=49erpi;143916]I love how some of you guys want players to simply ā€œdrive to the basketā€. Are you people aware that we face almost nothing but 2-3 and 1-3-1 zones and match-ups? Do you know what these defenses are designed to take away?

Itā€™s basketball ignorants like you that have watched too many NBA highlights on Sportscenter and think that every guard should be able to get into the paint or to the rim anytime the want. It doesnā€™t work that way.

What some of you donā€™t understand is that Mitch is only doing what Lutz asks him to do. Anyone who watched him play in high school knows he is capable of doing more but Bobby tells him how he wants things done and if you want PT as a Niner, you do what Lutz asks.

This is why Lutz is always praising Mitchā€™s game, because he does exactly what Lutz wants him to doā€¦beat pressure, push it in transition with numbers, donā€™t turn it over and run LUTZā€™S plays.[/QUOTE]

it would help if Baldwin gave a crap about winning.
everyone on the inside knows the guy is the worst competitor in the gym and he loses no sleep after a loss.

Are you not the one that is always saying that you dont have to beat the zone by shooting over it? If you cant shoot over it, and you cant penitrate and dish, the only thing left is ball movement and getting players to move without the ball. All that is way to complicated for Bobby to understand.

No you dont. Lutz has said himself the players dont respect him.

This is why Lutz is always praising Mitch's game, because he does exactly what Lutz wants him to do....beat pressure, push it in transition with numbers, don't turn it over and run LUTZ'S plays.
Since when does Lutz have plays??
What some of you don't understand is that Mitch is only doing what Lutz asks him to do. Anyone who watched him play in high school knows he is capable of doing more but Bobby tells him how he wants things done and if you want PT as a Niner, you do what Lutz asks.

So then it sounds like pick your poison: either Mitch isnā€™t as good as you think he is, or, Lutz is not fully utilizing his talents. I guess instead of blaming Mitch then, we should be blaming the coach?

[QUOTE]Are you not the one that is always saying that you dont have to beat the zone by shooting over it? If you cant shoot over it, and you cant penitrate and dish, the only thing left is ball movement and getting players to move without the ball. All that is way to complicated for Bobby to understand.
[/QUOTE]

No I am the one always saying that to beat a zone you have to make it react then rotate the ball. One way to do so is to put the ball on the floor, draw a defender, then move the ball. That is a bit different them then what you and others are calling for. You want our guards to simply blow throw a 2-3 zone and send it down Garnett style which is a pipe dream.

[QUOTE]No you dont. Lutz has said himself the players dont respect him.
[/QUOTE]

Thatā€™s a bit of a stretch.

[QUOTE]Since when does Lutz have plays??[/QUOTE]

Itā€™s a bad offense but if this statement is meant to be serious, then I am done debating you.

Pi - I hear what youre saying I just think youre giving Bobby way to much credit. Our half court offense looks like some sort of rancid delay game. Lutz said in a postgame interview that the players seem to question his play calling. And as youve pointed out, when he takes a player out for a bad shoot, that the player takes the same bad shot again and again when he gets back into the game.
Everyone has to remember that Lutz has never played a minute of college basketball. He displays the basketball IQ of a high school JV coach. He would get murdered at the high school level. Can you imagine Lutz in a world where he couldnt recruit, had to teach his players, and wouldnt have 6 assistants?
All your talk about beating the zone is way to complicated for Bobby. Penitrating, drawing the defender and passing it off - its like quantum physics to him. Soon youā€™ll be talking about setting screens, overloading one side of the court, and that mysterious short corner.

[QUOTE=ATL_Niner;143748]Austin, I feel you. [/QUOTE]

Please be a little more discreet on this forum.

[QUOTE=49erpi;143850]This comment makes you look about as stupid as your username does.

He was 4-7 from the field with 12 points, 4 rebounds, 8 assists and 4 TOā€™s.

He lead cusa last season in assist/TO ratio and may be on his way to doing it again. Guys like you are clueless as to what makes a quality college point guard.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately he canā€™t get it inside apparently.

BTW, has anyone noticed Coleman and Nance routinely taking 15-20 ft turnaround jumpers?!??? At least Nance can hit a few.