Wednesday, December 3, 2008 games of interest

[B][SIZE=2]7:00, [COLOR=Blue]Duquesne (4-1)[/COLOR] at Pittsburgh (7-0)
7:00, [COLOR=blue]Rhode Island (5-2)[/COLOR] at Northeastern (3-1)
7:00, [COLOR=blue]Fordham (0-5)[/COLOR] at Hofstra (4-1)
7:00, [COLOR=blue]Richmond (4-2)[/COLOR] at [COLOR=blue]Old Dominion (1-3)[/COLOR]
7:30, Miami, OH (2-3) at [COLOR=blue]Temple (3-2)[/COLOR]
8:00, Auburn (3-3) at [COLOR=blue]Xavier (6-0)[/COLOR]
8:00, [COLOR=blue]Massachusetts (1-4)[/COLOR] at Toledo (1-5)

7:00, [COLOR=blue]Appalachian State (2-2)[/COLOR] at Furman (1-4)
7:00, Brown (3-3) at [COLOR=blue]Providence (3-4)[/COLOR]
7:00, [COLOR=blue]Tulsa (4-2)[/COLOR] at Ohio (2-1)
7:00, [COLOR=blue]Winthrop (1-5)[/COLOR] at Virginia Military (4-2)
7:30, Michigan (5-1) at [COLOR=blue]Maryland (4-2)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[COLOR=darkgreen][B]And for another game of interest, make sure you pull for the Spartans tonight when they play the tarholes![/B] :o)[/COLOR]

[B][SIZE=2][COLOR=blue]Old Dominion (1-3) :weep:
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[SIZE=2][B][COLOR=Red]Duquesne 51[/COLOR]
Pittsburgh 78

[COLOR=Blue]Rhode Island 85[/COLOR]
Northeastern 72

[COLOR=Red]Fordham 40[/COLOR]
Hofstra 60

[COLOR=Red]Richmond 62[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Blue]Old Dominion 65[/COLOR]

Miami, OH 68
[COLOR=Red]Temple 52[/COLOR]

Auburn 74
[COLOR=Blue]Xavier 81[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Red]Massachusetts 56[/COLOR]
Toledo 57

[COLOR=Blue]Appalachian State 65[/COLOR]
Furman 60

Brown 62
[COLOR=Blue]Providence 86[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Red]Tulsa 63[/COLOR]
Ohio 75

[COLOR=Red]Winthrop 74[/COLOR]
Virginia Military 92

Michigan 70
[COLOR=Blue]Maryland 75[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

Not exactly a strong showing by the A10. Outside of a few games, we aren’t going to get much help with our RPI once conference play starts. I guess pretty much any game will help a 300+ RPI team though. :sad:

ODU should join the A10.

[QUOTE=Max Power;367332]Not exactly a strong showing by the A10. Outside of a few games, we aren’t going to get much help with our RPI once conference play starts. I guess pretty much any game will help a 300+ RPI team though. :sad:[/QUOTE]

RPI ship has sailed Dude. I know it’s early, but we’ve already put ourselves in the position that we will have to win the A-10 tourney unless we do something silly like win 12 or so in a row and that ain’t happening.

[QUOTE=hootie;367354]RPI ship has sailed Dude. I know it’s early, but we’ve already put ourselves in the position that we will have to win the A-10 tourney unless we do something silly like win 21 or so in a row and that ain’t happening.[/QUOTE]

Dyslexic there hootie?

[QUOTE=hootie;367354]RPI ship has sailed Dude. I know it’s early, but we’ve already put ourselves in the position that we will have to win the A-10 tourney unless we do something silly like win 12 or so in a row and that ain’t happening.[/QUOTE]

I am under no delusions that we have any hope left for an at-large bid, but it would be nice to get the RPI back in the somewhat respectable range.

man its going to be an ugly game when we play umass, both are atrocious.

I’m jealous of Xavier. Anyone else?

Remember right before we joined the A10 we talked about dominating the conference. Ugh…

[QUOTE=49er96;367369]I’m jealous of Xavier. Anyone else?

Remember right before we joined the A10 we talked about dominating the conference. Ugh…[/QUOTE]

I thought it was funny back then too. Especially since they were sending teams on deep tourney runs and having national players of the year. I honestly thought we would be a top 3 team though.

[QUOTE=spartyniner;367177][COLOR=darkgreen][B]And for another game of interest, make sure you pull for the Spartans tonight when they play the tarholes![/B] :o)[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

That was embarrassing

[QUOTE=hootie;367354]RPI ship has sailed Dude. I know it’s early, but we’ve already put ourselves in the position that we will have to win the A-10 tourney unless we do something silly like win 12 or so in a row and that ain’t happening.[/QUOTE]

For us, RPI = RIP.

Most people don’t realize how good ODU is…

[QUOTE=49er96;367369]I’m jealous of Xavier. Anyone else?[/QUOTE]

I’ve been singing their praises on here for years. I figured eventually someone would call me on my crush.

We were on roughly equal footing a few years ago, except they got it done in March. Despite the fact that they’re private, I’ve always approached their hoops program as a peer/rival. They were that other team that used to ruin Cincy like we did. We were very similar.

Lately though, we have to aspire to be them. :unhappy:

Let’s also not forget that we’re 0-8 against them, all time.

As of today, I’d say the league’s prime NCAA candidates are X, Dayton, and Rhody.

Temple has some work to do or it’s NIT for the Owls. Not sure that the addition of their 6-4 Argentine frosh PG Juan Manuel Fernandez after the fall semester will be enough, but we’ll see.

Other postseason candidates (most likely NIT or CBI) are Richmond, St. Joe’s, and perhaps GW and La Salle. Don’t see it happening for any others.

URI has only lost to 2 ranked teams I think. Plus they won on the road at Penn State, which I think is thier only loss.