Week 5 QB Starter Poll

My vote is again for Klugh. Iā€™m curious to see if Olsen gets less votes after the Temple game. I didnā€™t see the game, only the stats.

Week 4 Poll Results (74 votes)

Olsen: 17 votes 23%
Klugh: 55 votes 74%
Johnson: 2 votes 3%

I thought Olsen played better today than against EMU. Stats donā€™t show it but there were a ton of drops. His attitude was way better as far as I could tell. His attitude last week disturbed me more than anything. I loved the leadership that Klugh showed last week. I hope Olsen learned something.

Olsen looked much better today, donā€™t think he did anything to lose the job today.

17/42 198 yds 1 TD
-11 yds rushing

Some one said drops and attitude but what else looked good that obviously wouldnā€™t show in the stat line? Were receivers just not getting open? And how many drops?

Olsen won some confidence in him back, but I am still a fan of Klugh in Mullenā€™s system. The lack of Olsen running as a threat has Mullen handcuffed. We can ask for Mullen to change his system for Olsen, but imagine what impact that would have on the other players. I am sure that Matt is a great guy, but that opportunity for him has passed. He would have been an average to good FCS QB, but the talent is not there for FBS. If you run with Klugh there is no need for Matt and the defense is more surprised when the QB runs.

This, and the fact that Lambert fails to realize it is disturbing.

Olsen was in a walking boot yesterday at the Panthers game

I donā€™t think it is anything serious. Just listened to a good bit of ā€œGoldMine Liveā€ and I didnā€™t hear anything about it. I heard Lambert say something about Kevin has to continue getting better in this offense, etcā€¦ I did miss the first half of the show though.

clt asks why was Olsen at the game? He has no connection to the panthers and should be watching tape!

Riley would be watching tape.

Only 49 votes as of now. Qb of your football team is the most important position, is it a dumb question, fans donā€™t care, fans donā€™t come on niner nation, or what?

A who should start at Center on the basketball team poll would have 20 more votes by now during basketball season. Is nnn dying?

Yes and itā€™s because our sports teams are so bad thereā€™s nothing to come on here and talk about.

Yes and itā€™s because our sports teams are so bad thereā€™s nothing to come on here and talk about.[/quote]

Sad but true. :frowning: :cry:

clt blames the shout box.

Olsen played better vs Temple for sure and I hope he can improve again vs ODU. If he can play a turnover free game like the Elon game then that goes a long way.
I think what irks most people including myself is his attitude at times, sure his play has been very very average but his attitude at times has not been very good.
Hopefully a W vs ODU can change all of that.

[quote=ā€œNinerAlum18, post:14, topic:30546ā€]Olsen played better vs Temple for sure and I hope he can improve again vs ODU. If he can play a turnover free game like the Elon game then that goes a long way.
I think what irks most people including myself is his attitude at times, sure his play has been very very average but his attitude at times has not been very good.
Hopefully a W vs ODU can change all of that.[/quote]I didnā€™t see any attitude issues in the Temple game from him.

[quote=ā€œ2k, post:15, topic:30546ā€][quote=ā€œNinerAlum18, post:14, topic:30546ā€]Olsen played better vs Temple for sure and I hope he can improve again vs ODU. If he can play a turnover free game like the Elon game then that goes a long way.
Hopefully a W vs ODU can change all of that.[/quote]I didnā€™t see any attitude issues in the Temple game from him.[/quote]

Agreed. Granted, the TV doesnā€™t show everythingā€¦ but I saw a QB that was taking ownership for his mistakes while trying to keep his teammates spirits high.

When he got the play wrong and overthrew a receiver by 15+ yards on third down, I saw him coming off the field with a ā€œI"m sorry guys, that one was on meā€ attitude. That was refreshingā€¦ it seemed like in previous games he would avoid his teammates when something like that happens.

Mistakes like the one I mentioned are going to happen for any new QB. They donā€™t bother me. As long as heā€™s owning them and not trying to hide from teammates (or worse, blame them) then Iā€™m good.

[quote=ā€œ2k, post:15, topic:30546ā€][quote=ā€œNinerAlum18, post:14, topic:30546ā€]Olsen played better vs Temple for sure and I hope he can improve again vs ODU. If he can play a turnover free game like the Elon game then that goes a long way.
Hopefully a W vs ODU can change all of that.[/quote]I didnā€™t see any attitude issues in the Temple game from him.[/quote]
I didnā€™t either I was just saying that was part of the reason why some including myself were very disappointed. I think if he plays like he did against Temple with improvement(gotta be better than 17 for 42) then thatā€™ll go a long way. Maybe he needed a game like the EMU game to wake him up.