WEINKE

Bout time.

There’s a reason Weinke has been riding the pine behind an already overrated QB in Delhomme. I have nothing against Weinke but if I had to choose a QB to lead my team down the stretch, it would certainly be Jake over him. With that said, this team could stand a change and hopefully Weinke can spark the offense. He played well in his start last year against Detroit and certainly has the arm to extend the field. But he’ll never be a starting QB in the NFL unless it’s due to an injury. The Panthers need to address the offensive line because regardless of who’s behind center, they’re going to struggle to protect him as well as run the ball.

Weinke has been given the opportunity when he was a ROOKIE. Of course, he only lost 15 straight games, but don’t put all that on Weinke. Weinke had a good arm then, but the team was lacking many of its current parts (Smith, Peppers, Foster/Williams, K. Johnson (They did have Moose), etc.)

Wienke deserves another chance because Delhomme has been one of the worst QB’s in the league. I don’t know if it is totally his fault because Henning is a pretty shitty coordinator, but Delhomme none the less has never shown that he could be a QB you could rely on. Therefore, I say give Weinke the chance to show his progression over the years, but ultimately they are going to have to draft a First Round/2nd round QB or Sign a FA.

[QUOTE=Ninerballin;203658]Weinke has been given the opportunity when he was a ROOKIE. Of course, he only lost 15 straight games, but don’t put all that on Weinke. Weinke had a good arm then, but the team was lacking many of its current parts (Smith, Peppers, Foster/Williams, K. Johnson (They did have Moose), etc.)

Wienke deserves another chance because Delhomme has been one of the worst QB’s in the league. I don’t know if it is totally his fault because Henning is a pretty shitty coordinator, but Delhomme none the less has never shown that he could be a QB you could rely on. Therefore, I say give Weinke the chance to show his progression over the years, but ultimately they are going to have to draft a First Round/2nd round QB or Sign a FA.[/QUOTE]

Delhomme is not one of the worst QBs in the league. The problem is coordinating, and defense.

We shouldn’t be passing to Carter, we shouldn’t have Gamble out there, and we shouldn’t be running draws on 3 and long. Delhomme’s two interceptions in the last game were not exactly his fault, he does have some stupid throws, but so do all QBs. Garcia is terrible, but looked like Peyton Manning. The defense is the overrated part of the team, not the QB.

Delhomme is not one of the worst QBs in the league. The problem is coordinating, and defense.

We shouldn’t be passing to Carter, we shouldn’t have Gamble out there, and we shouldn’t be running draws on 3 and long. Delhomme’s two interceptions in the last game were not exactly his fault, he does have some stupid throws, but so do all QBs. Garcia is terrible, but looked like Peyton Manning. The defense is the overrated part of the team, not the QB.

The defense is NOT overrated. Both our offense and defense are entirely capable of a super bowl run, but our coordinators will not allow it, because they lack any sort of aggression. If we had a blitzburg style defensive coordination, our defense would be sick. It’s pretty sick anyway, and that’s telling them to sit back and bend don’t break. Same goes for the offense. FIRE THE COORDINATORS. I miss Del Rio…

[QUOTE=ninerball49;203866]The defense is NOT overrated. Both our offense and defense are entirely capable of a super bowl run, but our coordinators will not allow it, because they lack any sort of aggression. If we had a blitzburg style defensive coordination, our defense would be sick. It’s pretty sick anyway, and that’s telling them to sit back and bend don’t break. Same goes for the offense. FIRE THE COORDINATORS. I miss Del Rio…[/QUOTE]

Actually you’re right about the coordinating. Trgo plays such a soft defense, especially against rookies.

Bout time.

Yeah, he’s looking like a Pro Bowler out there. :rolleyes: As I expected, Weinke shows why he’s never going to be a starting QB without an injury. Dropped passes or not, Weinke sucks more than the Niners defense.

He’s done alright but I give him a little bit of a pass b/c the Panthers have completely abandoned the run. However he’s made some stupid throws.

Perfect sports weekend. The Niners get destroyed by stDavidson, the Panthers are eliminated from playoff contention as are every one of my fantasy teams except 2. And to top it off I have no beer in the house to drown my sorrows.

The defense is NOT overrated.

I’ll give you a few hours to retract that statement :tongue:

Oh well. :wacko: :hammer:

Perfect sports weekend. The Niners get destroyed by stDavidson, the Panthers are eliminated from playoff contention as are every one of my fantasy teams except 2. And to top it off I have no beer in the house to drown my sorrows.

I’m enjoying a bye in my fantasy playoffs this weekend and about to head over to Ruth’s Chris for a huge chunk of cow/wine, compliments of my office Christmas party/dinner. At least I can add a small silver lining to the misery of last night (and the Panthers).:drink:

I'm enjoying a bye in my fantasy playoffs this weekend and about to head over to Ruth's Chris for a huge chunk of cow/wine, compliments of my office Christmas party/dinner. At least I can add a small silver lining to the misery of last night (and the Panthers).:drink:

We’re talking about my sorrows here jcl, not the positives in your life.

I hope your steak is not cooked the way you like it.

:cuss:

I thought today’s game was great, but I am a Giant Fan. GO GIANTS!!

Bad weekend to be a 49er and Panther fan. It seems like both teams are in a contest to see who can be the most disappointing. :unhappy:

Interesting quote on SI.com.

Don't be surprised if the Panthers try to do something dramatic in the draft, like putting together a package to move up and take Notre Dame quarterback Brady Quinn with the No. 1 pick. The team is running out of patience with Jake Delhomme. -- Denver Post

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/scorecard/12/11/truth.rumors.nfl/index.html

[QUOTE=Max Power;204239]Interesting quote on SI.com.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/scorecard/12/11/truth.rumors.nfl/index.html[/QUOTE]

I can’t believe they write this stuff. Who do they think they are? The Inquirer?

Interesting quote on SI.com.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/scorecard/12/11/truth.rumors.nfl/index.html

That guy is an idiot…we have more issues at about 10 other positions other than QB.

Most notably, offensive coordinator.

:biggrin:

[QUOTE=MKNiner;203994]He’s done alright but I give him a little bit of a pass b/c the Panthers have completely abandoned the run. However he’s made some stupid throws.

Perfect sports weekend. The Niners get destroyed by stDavidson, the Panthers are eliminated from playoff contention as are every one of my fantasy teams except 2. And to top it off I have no beer in the house to drown my sorrows.[/QUOTE]
Well, the last one’s on you. Poor judgement this year, don’t ever be caught when the Niner’s play this year without a suffiicient suply of alcohol.

BTW, it could be worse, The Panthers are my second team. The first would be the Raiders, my year sucks.

Well, the last one's on you. Poor judgement this year, don't ever be caught when the Niner's play this year without a suffiicient suply of alcohol.

Yep, no way around it. I need to do some evaluation of my beer purchasing habits. Buying, currency, everything needs to be looked at.