WEINKE

[QUOTE=MKNiner;203994]the Panthers are eliminated from playoff contention[/QUOTE]
You realize of course that the Panthers have not been eliminated from playoff contention. . . If three very possible scenarios do indeed play out, the Panthers will be in the playoffs. Oh, I mean, if they win out, that is. And that’s the least likely scenario of them all-- how in hell are they gonna win in New Orleans?

Maybe because they will have to, while N.O. won’t have much to play for if they’ve got the first-round bye already clinched (beat Dallas already).

You realize of course that the Panthers have not been eliminated from playoff contention. . . If three very possible scenarios do indeed play out, the Panthers will be in the playoffs. Oh, I mean, if they win out, that is. And that's the least likely scenario of them all-- how in hell are they gonna win in New Orleans?

Maybe because they will have to, while N.O. won’t have much to play for if they’ve got the first-round bye already clinched (beat Dallas already).

how will they lose in NO? When’s the last time they lost there? I can’t even remember a time…maybe the year when everyone everywhere was hurt…but idk. not to mention we beat them the first time we played them…

[QUOTE=ninerball49;204604]how will they lose in NO? When’s the last time they lost there? I can’t even remember a time…maybe the year when everyone everywhere was hurt…but idk. not to mention we beat them the first time we played them…[/QUOTE]
Oh I get it, you’re being upbeat. . . The answer is 2002. But if my memory serves they didn’t have Drew Brees quarterbacking them. You’ve heard of Drew Brees? Familiar with any of the Saints other players? I’m surprised that I would ever say this, but the Saints are my second favorite team this year.

Oh I get it, you're being upbeat. . . The answer is 2002. But if my memory serves they didn't have Drew Brees quarterbacking them. You've heard of Drew Brees? Familiar with any of the Saints other players? I'm surprised that I would ever say this, but the Saints are my second favorite team this year.

no…didn’t we beat them in 2002 off terry cousins two ints? that was the year we went 7-9, the last game of the season we beat them to keep them out of the playoffs, and the next year we owned the division and went to the superbowl.

I wonder if he can go back to FSU and play college basketball now? His NFL career is basically shot in the foot. I wonder how long he would last in the ACC before breaking a hip?

Think he is gonna give the AAFL a shot?

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/10246607

That will go over like a screened door on a submarine…

[QUOTE=jdm49er;246973]Think he is gonna give the AAFL a shot?

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/10246607

That will go over like a screened door on a submarine…[/QUOTE]

he definitely doesn’t have a shot at a starting position or second string position in NFL anymore. So I guess it is either that or the CFL.