Well, closing in on another season down.

Let me make this point. Although I’m upset with a poor 2nd half of coaching by Lutz, let’s look at what we put on the floor.

Top 6 minutes played this game:

Leemire - good, 4 year recruit. Get 4 more like this and you’re a postseason team.
DA - Transfer, Ballhog down the stretch at at times last year
EJ - Colby CC’s best wing. Should have been a 4 yr Niner, but didnt qualify. He’s the only type of JUCO I ever want to see here again
JJ, Carlos & Antwan - Wabash CC stopgaps that werent up to the task collectively.

4 of our top 6 were JUCOs and only 1 of them was the type of JUCO kid I want to see in Niner green, and he should have been a 4 yr guy but didnt get it done to qualify.

The biggest dissapointment ot me this season has been Carlos!!! In this game, he had 5 fouls , one point , and ? turnovers. And he WAS the best point guard we have ever recruited and landed according to our coaches preseason?

Baldwin would actually be a step up for point. But Carlos can still pull it out. He must know his playing time will be practically zero if he doesn’t improve his IQ.

Forgot to mention, has anyone noticed the post players’ verticals this year were about 6 inches? It’s like someone put magnets in their shoes and under the court.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;223170]Let me make this point. Although I’m upset with a poor 2nd half of coaching by Lutz, let’s look at what we put on the floor.

Top 6 minutes played this game:

Leemire - good, 4 year recruit. Get 4 more like this and you’re a postseason team.
DA - Transfer, Ballhog down the stretch at at times last year
EJ - Colby CC’s best wing. Should have been a 4 yr Niner, but didnt qualify. He’s the only type of JUCO I ever want to see here again
JJ, Carlos & Antwan - Wabash CC stopgaps that werent up to the task collectively.

4 of our top 6 were JUCOs and only 1 of them was the type of JUCO kid I want to see in Niner green, and he should have been a 4 yr guy but didnt get it done to qualify.[/QUOTE]

NA, good points and I agree with you completely on the JUCO situation. I’m still mulling over the Tom “I’m Clueless When It Comes to Niner/A-10 Hoops” Sorensen piece in this morning’s Big O, so I will comment on that later.

notice how everyone’s favorite player is the only player we’ve actually got to watch grow into a great leader, Leemire. since everyone we have coming in next year and some of the kids we had come in last year are incoming from HS and not juco…maybe we can actually let this team start to grow on us…instead of …seeing players have their career high 7 points 10 rebounds on senior day after being here for a year…pfft

THANK GOD, the agony is over. This was the most horrific season I’ve personally seen since 1998(not saying '98 was bad, it’s just when I started following) This team had talent and all season we couldn’t ever stop defensively, and who does that fall on…I dont post on here much but read regularly. Bobby Lutz HAS GOT TO GO!!! My prayers were answered when I heard he was going to UT, but was heartbroken when I found he was staying here. UGH!! I agree he’s prolly not going anywhere but hell we started a buzz with football. Let’s do it for Lutz!! He was interviewed a few times on FNZ and he says in his country school girl accent “well we just cant stop on the defensive side”…guess what BOBBY that’s your f’in fault. His glory days are long behind him. Even if he gets us to another tourney it’s all heart break as we’ll fall in the 1st round. Open up your eyes Lutz supporters, your gettin the boot with 5 foot 3 fearless leader!!!

[QUOTE=run49er;223172]NA, good points and I agree with you completely on the JUCO situation. I’m still mulling over the Tom “I’m Clueless” Sorensen piece in this morning’s Big O, so I will comment on that later.[/QUOTE]

FIXED

http://charlotte.com/115/story/43105.html

This stings a little. To see a school much smaller and not nearly as accomplished (some may think, 7 NCAAs in the past 9 years) getting national pub. I see them as a 12 to 13 seed, w/ an upset in their future.

[QUOTE=ninerball49;223173]notice how everyone’s favorite player is the only player we’ve actually got to watch grow into a great leader, Leemire. since everyone we have coming in next year and some of the kids we had come in last year are incoming from HS and not juco…maybe we can actually let this team start to grow on us…instead of …seeing players have their career high 7 points 10 rebounds on senior day after being here for a year…pfft[/QUOTE]

Agreed. JUCO’s have hurt us.

The only JUCOS I will miss off this year’s squad is JJ and EJ. EJ for his relentless effort despite being undersized 95% of the time, and JJ for his relentless hustle & DEFENSE, his rebounding wasn’t too bad either :biggrin:.

I think you guys would have appreciated DA more if he would have had some help, especially on the low block. He did force a lot but no one else was scoring. He kind of had to at least try and make something happen.

I think you guys would have appreciated DA more if he would have had some help, especially on the low block. He did force a lot but no one else was scoring. He kind of had to at least try and make something happen.

For this reason, I believe DA winds up on an NBA team or in the D league. If he was a role player and sat there on the 3 wide open and someone found him, or he created his own shot everyonce and a while or drove, he would score. He can contribute. If he gets a tryout, I say he makes a team. Because his stats tell nothing…he was forced on our team because we suck.

[QUOTE=Ruckus42;223257]I think you guys would have appreciated DA more if he would have had some help, especially on the low block. He did force a lot but no one else was scoring. He kind of had to at least try and make something happen.[/QUOTE]

That’s an understatement. He was 2-9 from 3 and missed a total of 14 shots today. Some of those were really bad shots (off balanced 3 pt attempts from 5 feet behind the line with a man in his face and 20 seconds on the shot clock). He might get a tryout, but I’ll be surprised if any NBA teams pick him up.

DA was a poor poor version of Jim Jackson. Never met a shot he didn’t like. Plain and simple. He put up bad shot after bad shot. I am glad he is gone. Get somebody with a conscience. Please!

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;223170]

[/QUOTE]

This is easy to figure out. Lets just follow the money. Wabash CC just has to be paying one of our assistants to get their players scholarships…Seriously, research their checking accounts! We cannot be this GOD AWFUL in talent evaluation!

[QUOTE=ninerID;223169]i won’t miss lutz next year.[/QUOTE]

Funny

[QUOTE=ninerID;223169]i won’t miss lutz next year.[/QUOTE]

AMEN. TIME FOR A CHANGE.

[QUOTE=49erWhit;223300]AMEN. TIME FOR A CHANGE.[/QUOTE]

Bobby’s earned the right to fix this squad.

Judy has long since worn out her right to fix the AD. What has she done since extorting our way into CUSA? Granted that was great, but looks like she thought that was then end of the work for her. 12 years and nothing since? Time for a Football AD.

[QUOTE=49RFootballNow;223313]Time for a Football AD.[/QUOTE]

Didn’t I already respond to this in another thread? Clyde Walker = Hal Wissel. Oh my God! :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=49erFan1;223262]DA was a poor poor version of Jim Jackson. Never met a shot he didn’t like. Plain and simple. He put up bad shot after bad shot. I am glad he is gone. Get somebody with a conscience. Please![/QUOTE]

DOBA.

[QUOTE=49RFootballNow;223313]
Judy has long since worn out her right to fix the AD. What has she done since extorting our way into CUSA? Granted that was great, but looks like she thought that was then end of the work for her. 12 years and nothing since?[/QUOTE]

But don’t forget… she served on the Selection Committee. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: