We're not a great team...sorry

What we are is a good team,with good players and an ok coach(my opinion).Look at who we’ve beaten this year…C.CONN,YALE…ECU,L LAF.,ST LOUIS…INDIANA(BARELY) ETC…WE ALL want the niners to be top10 material and get somewhere in the dance,and maybe we will get there by beating the mediocre teams that we should beat,and maybe springing an upset or 2.But if you were looking at this team from the outside you’d say,I think,that we’re ok…nothing special.We’re not a great shooting team,not a great rebounding team,not a great defensive team…and free throws…well.I don’t want to lower my expectations any more than most,but in reality…if we were cinci fans,or louisville or uconn fans we’d look at the niners and say"they’re ok,not bad…but not in the same class as UNC or Illinois or Wake…that doesn’t keep me from rooting my ass off for us to go all the way…just had to do a reality check.

Thanks.

Agreed, Lucky57…love my team but they’re just ok right now. Niners usually put it in overdrive around tournament time though.

[b]Niners usually put it in overdrive around tournament time though. [/b]

When was the last time they did that? Notre Dame? Texas Tech?

[i]Originally posted by NinerUpNorth[/i]@Jan 21 2005, 12:01 PM [b]
[b]Niners usually put it in overdrive around tournament time though. [/b]

When was the last time they did that? Notre Dame? Texas Tech? [/b]


Maybe he means C-USA tournament time.

Exactly, Norman. I was referring to conference tournament time. Oh, don’t get me wrong, we lay eggs in the NCAA Tournament.

Sadly, at the half way point of the season, I must agree. Maybe we’ll get lucky at the CUSA tourney, but I’m not optimistic. :frowning:

[i]Originally posted by franchise49er[/i]@Jan 21 2005, 01:26 PM [b] Exactly, Norman. I was referring to conference tournament time. Oh, don't get me wrong, we lay eggs in the NCAA Tournament. [/b]
Winning one game in the last two years in the CUSA tournament is overdrive?
[i]Originally posted by gamer+Jan 21 2005, 12:42 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (gamer @ Jan 21 2005, 12:42 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-franchise49er[/i]@Jan 21 2005, 01:26 PM [b] Exactly, Norman. I was referring to conference tournament time. Oh, don't get me wrong, we lay eggs in the NCAA Tournament. [/b] Winning one game in the last two years in the CUSA tournament is overdrive? [/b][/quote] Overall we've had much more success in the conference tournament than in the NCAA tournament.

SWEET SIXTEEN BABY!!!

Define great.

i would disagree on a couple of points. we do have excellent talent. what we dont have is our players playing in the right system. we need to run more of an inside out offense. we have the post players to do it. throw the ball inside then kick it back out. i dont know why lutz isnt doing that. this would make us a much better team and not a team that relies so much on threes. also, how about some optimism. most of the guys on the one and done teams, with the exception of last year, arent on the team anymore. we need to get behind this team more.

[i]Originally posted by ninerfan55[/i]@Jan 21 2005, 03:01 PM [b] we need to get behind this team more. [/b]
If I got anymore behind this team my wife would divorce me for being gay. :lol:

Good team? Yes.

Hopefully, I will not have to hear about this team being “special” anymore. There is nothing special about this team. Unless you count the “special” way that this team is offensively anemic. Then yes, this team is special.

For the 5th year in a row, perhaps we can eliminate all of the multiple offensive and defensive sets and simplify the game. As it stands, Withers as the “point forward” has been ineffective and Leemire is the next in a long line of players allowed to shoot from anywhere regardless of the situation.

[i]Originally posted by Funny Like on TV[/i]@Jan 21 2005, 03:13 PM [b] Unless you count the "special" way that this team is offensively anemic. [/b]
Offensively anemic?? We're #23 in the country in scoring offense at 79.5.
[i]Originally posted by NormanNiner[/i]@Jan 21 2005, 03:21 PM [b] Offensively anemic?? We're #23 in the country in scoring offense at 79.5. [/b]
Maybe he was referring to when Iti has possession of the ball :P
[i]Originally posted by ninerfan55[/i]@Jan 21 2005, 03:01 PM [b] i would disagree on a couple of points. we do have excellent talent. what we dont have is our players playing in the right system. we need to run more of an inside out offense. we have the post players to do it. throw the ball inside then kick it back out. i dont know why lutz isnt doing that. this would make us a much better team and not a team that relies so much on threes. also, how about some optimism. most of the guys on the one and done teams, with the exception of last year, arent on the team anymore. we need to get behind this team more. [/b]
Have you been watching the games recently? We have been getting the ball inside and to our "supposedly goto guy".

If not for Plavich, what would our record be now? Curt has been struggling and it has hurt us. I hope he gets it turned around.