WFNZ Morning Show

When are they going to show Mac the door… He is terrible.

[B]22. WFNZ-AM [/B](Sports, 610, 1660)
1.1%
-52%
Worst quarter in a year, morning show off 67%.

[URL]http://www.charlotteobserver.com/413/story/864293.html[/URL]

I’m totally lost in the mornings now that Gary Williams is gone. I can’t stand Mac’s whiny voice as well as the content of the show. I need a sports fix and I want it to have local relevance.

Frank and Buc have reasonable content but i just can’t listen to them long either. Buc’s a good HS football coach, but I can’t handle him on the radio.

Colin Cowherd has a decent show, but like Bob Dylan, I can only handle him in small portions.

I’m too cheap to buy satellite radio but I may come around to it eventually if nothing else comes up.

“dead air” would be an improvement over any talkinghead on FNZ

DJ Stout is an idiot if he thinks this station has a future.

anyone else listen to the “The Rise Guys” on 93.3 the Planet? That is my morning show of choice.

The station has a future if they can attract and keep some real talent.I have nothing against Mac, aside from the fact that he tends to bash us. He just shouldnt be on the air for 4 or 5 hours a day.

I do miss Gary. I’ve tried listening to his Sirius show, but his format is all different, and even more NY/Boston oriented than it was here. He was a fairly good straight man w/ good sports knowledge, with Celenia’s crazy tangents and stories.

Mac’s format is way too sloppy and reminiscent of Fudge, minus the guests, which is the only thing Fudge ever had going for him.

Speaking of Fudge, I’m guessing they still havent fired him yet, despite the fact that his show is probably recycling the same tired stereoptypical idiocy for the 8th ot 9th year in a row?

[QUOTE=ninerID;422341]anyone else listen to the “The Rise Guys” on 93.3 the Planet? That is my morning show of choice.[/QUOTE]

Is that a sports show or something with a format targeting 23-54 males with gads of disposable income?

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;422343]The station has a future if they can attract and keep some real talent.[/QUOTE]

Anyone with a brain/talent does not want to be part of a business that has Mark Packer associated with it.

Frank and Buc have reasonable content but i just can't listen to them long either. Buc's a good HS football coach, but I can't handle him on the radio..

Frank and Buck have good insight bc they are both former pros that aren’t too long out of the game, but I can’t listen to them for very long for a couple reasons.

Frank sometimes seems like he’s been hit in the head one too many times, and Buck is a Clemson guy, but refers to the Tar Heels as “his” team and says “we” and “us” when talking about them. DUDE YOU PLAYED FOR CLEMSON! That and I don’t think he’s ever completed a sentence with one shred of correct grammar.

[QUOTE=Chisox17;422364]Frank and Buck have good insight bc they are both former pros that aren’t too long out of the game, but I can’t listen to them for very long for a couple reasons.

Frank sometimes seems like he’s been hit in the head one too many times, and Buck is a Clemson guy, but refers to the Tar Heels as “his” team and says “we” and “us” when talking about them. DUDE YOU PLAYED FOR CLEMSON! That and I don’t think he’s ever completed a sentence with one shred of correct grammar.[/QUOTE]

They are like AC/DC… Can listen to a song or two but not the whole album.

[QUOTE=hateappstate;422337]When are they going to show Mac the door… He is terrible.

[B]22. WFNZ-AM [/B](Sports, 610, 1660)
1.1%
-52%
Worst quarter in a year, morning show off 67%.

[URL]http://www.charlotteobserver.com/413/story/864293.html[/URL][/QUOTE]

Good to hear endless Duke-Carolina chatter doesn’t sell.

It’s hard to believe the station once had Czaban, Penner, Jageler, Williams.

Czaban and Penner was no doubt the best show of all time.

I haven’t followed the show since Gary left. I haven’t followed Packer’s show since before that. The station has gone down hill fast.

Those poor gerbels that power FNZ’s awesomely strong broadcast signal need a break. Perhaps FNZ can replace them with a car battery.

It’s funny, Mad Dog Russo went on a rant a couple of weeks ago about how bad his staff was (Hosts, program directors, etc.) after the ratings came in and their channel was ranked like 123rd out of 130 XM channels in the latest ratings. He went on and on about how he thought he had hired a bunch of little “Mad Dogs,” and he was wrong. He fired his PD on the spot, but he was later rehired. It’s funny, I hate listening to Mad Dog yell and scream about every other thing, but enjoy listening to the other hosts, Gary, B team, etc., who actually talk sports.

I stopped listening to talk radio on over the air when I got my Sirius! Now I can listen to real sports talk, which includes Gary Williams, though I do miss him having Selania as his co-host

It's funny, Mad Dog Russo went on a rant a couple of weeks ago about how bad his staff was (Hosts, program directors, etc.) after the ratings came in and their channel was ranked like 123rd out of 130 XM channels in the latest ratings. He went on and on about how he thought he had hired a bunch of little "Mad Dogs," and he was wrong. He fired his PD on the spot, but he was later rehired. It's funny, I hate listening to Mad Dog yell and scream about every other thing, but enjoy listening to the other hosts, Gary, B team, etc., who actually talk sports.

Mad Dog still has a radio show??? hhahaha

Maybe the rest of America can only take so much of Tim Lincecum and Men’s Tennis talk…

i travel a lot for my job. so luckily. i don’t have to listen to wfnz often. there is no comparison in wfnz and most sports stations in other cities. speaking of. i would love for us to find another station to carry our games.

anyone else listen to the "The Rise Guys" on 93.3 the Planet? That is my morning show of choice.

I’m not usually on the road in the morning, but if I have to be I prefer to listen to the Rise Guys.
I listen to WFNZ when I can’t go to Niners games/watch them on tv. My father and brother think the “Pack Man” is hilarious and listen to him but I haven’t listened too often. I am glad that they broadcast our games though.

wfn’s morning show is terrible…i cant wait until 10am each day to start listening to 1660am…

Czaban and Penner was no doubt the best show of all time.

up here in greensboro i listen to czaban’s show on fox in the morning, then the dan patrick show…then back to back crap of jim rome and packer ruin the afternoon

If you don’t have Sirius/XM it is your own fault.