What are we missing???

I look at our team and see that we have a little of everything on this team unlike the years past. I know that we aren’t hitting free throws but what type of player are we missing to dominate??? I don’t have the answer unless you are talking about a play with his back to the basket option. Any other thoughts?

or at least getting the ball into his hands down the strech

we’re missing FreeThrows :frowning:

WE’RE MISSING A GOOD COACH!!!

I’VE SAID THIS A THOUSAND TIMES

66% from the FT line would have won the game! Is that too much to ask? We have got to have one of the worst FT shooting teams in the country! Does anyone know where we rank with our FT shooting?

you also have to realize you can’t just put curtis in a frekin center position and not expect him to eventually get tired…he is power forward and thats where he plays his best game…

But I’m not talking about competing with people…Im talking about pulling away and I just wonder that if the throws start to go in do we roll thru with another conference title or do we have to win the tourney to get in. It seems like we have the strongest team we have had since 77.

We’re a team with a lot of weapons. A weapon, however, is limited in its use unless properly handled.

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Dec 6 2004, 09:27 PM [b] We're a team with a lot of weapons. A weapon, however, is limited in its use unless properly handled. [/b]
Nice one NLP...

I think we have to learn to put teams away and have that killer instinct. I feel good about the team as a whole. We have all the pieces to a great team.

Thats a question without a one line answer. First and most obvious, were missing free throws, and maybe bobby can’t fix it but he can damn well try, however many shots they’re taking now, double it, triple it! Don’t let them leave until they make ten in a row (maybe lutz was tired of giving Iti rides home at 3AM). Two, act like you have an actual offensive set. Maybe I was missing something but Baldwin looked really flustered against bama, especially late. All he could do is dribble around the perimeter or give the ball to someone else to dish or drive and try to get fouled. Goldwire seemed to be a little more confident to me. BTW, do we even set screens anymore? Plavich seems to have to take fadeaway threes for all except maybe the first five minutes. WHY DON"T WE USE CURTIS TO OUR ADVANTAGE? Curt is our go to guy but I guess that back to back fadeaway behind the basket corner threes WITH NO ONE UNDER THE BASKET are far more reliable than feeding it to a junior olympian with impressive moves. Finally we don’t withstand runs very well. A confident team will absorb a run and counter. We just take it and hold on for dear life, we take one big run in the first half and then watch it fade away. That is stopped through senior leadership and good coaching, thought we had both.

As the season progresses, we should see the the following:
The depth of the team becomes a strength. We utilize more players throughout the game, not play with heavy limbs in the stretch.
The right personnel are in the game and get the ball , esp in foul situations. I mentioned that Sager should have been in against rutgers. He was in briefly in the right situation against Bama, but wasn’t given the ball.

I believe some of us here tend to over analyze. This is simple folks. We DO have a great team with lots of WEAPONS. I’m seeing nothing majorly wrong with this team that they should not win alot, playing pretty much the way we did against BAMA,
EXCEPT FREE THROWS.
I guarantee that if THIS team hits at least 70% of the FTs it will be able to get doing the things Bobby wants THIS team to do in the normal flow/scheme of a game, THEY WILL WIN AND WIN OFTEN. Bank on it. It’s really that simple, with THIS team.

[i]Originally posted by 49er1[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 10:00 AM [b] I believe some of us here tend to over analyze. This is simple folks. We DO have a great team with lots of WEAPONS. I'm seeing nothing majorly wrong with this team that they should not win alot, playing pretty much the way we did against BAMA, EXCEPT FREE THROWS. I guarantee that if THIS team hits at least 70% of the FTs it will be able to get doing the things Bobby wants THIS team to do in the normal flow/scheme of a game, THEY WILL WIN AND WIN OFTEN. Bank on it. It's really that simple, with THIS team. [/b]
I'm definently with you.

I think now that Saturday is a few days behind and Davidson is coming up I think it’s time for us to regroup and realize that we have a very talented team and that we will win some ball games.

I truly believe we’ll be fine.

lutz is a first rate person and a second rate coach

I’m going to buy our leading FT% guy with a Mark Price jersey.
Think that’ll entice Curtis, Martin, and Plavich to get better at the line?

I think we’re missing a killer instinct. We don’t put teams away.

Back in the Demarco/Colson days we’d put a team away. Diego was a great example of a killer instinct.

[i]Originally posted by BigDNiner[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 12:26 PM [b] I think we're missing a killer instinct. We don't put teams away.

Back in the Demarco/Colson days we’d put a team away. Diego was a great example of a killer instinct. [/b]

Diego could shoot FTs too, and did when the heat was on. That’s why the teams he was on were winners. They were not so much more talented than this one, but they took care of business.

[i]Originally posted by 49er1[/i]@Dec 7 2004, 12:48 PM [b] Diego could shoot FTs too, and did when the heat was on. That's why the teams he was on were winners. They were not so much more talented than this one, but they took care of business. [/b]
Definently. Diego was a great clutch player.
[i]Originally posted by MKNiner+Dec 7 2004, 10:01 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (MKNiner @ Dec 7 2004, 10:01 AM)