What do you think of NinerNation.net?

Feel free to also post your comments here…

Love the links to Niners or UNCC in the news. All in all, a major upgrade!! Good job Mac!!

If, and when, other A-10 schools are added, will the domain remain NinerNation? I just question whether other school’s fans would want to associate with it entitled that way… But otherwise, great new site! I can’t wait to explore it all!

Overall content is awesome!! One thing I would say is work on the main heading where it says NinerNation. Add a little more eye catching title or pics of niners in action or something. The actual title is a little dull. Everything else is awesome!!

Looks great so far! Bravo!

[i]Originally posted by Southern Pines N Da House[/i]@Jun 11 2004, 01:03 PM [b]Overall content is awesome!! One thing I would say is work on the main heading where it says NinerNation. Add a little more eye catching title or pics of niners in action or something. The actual title is a little dull. Everything else is awesome!![/b]

I think I’m going to tackle that job one weekend. I like your suggestions though. Let me see what I can do. All other submissions are welcome though. :slight_smile:

1. Mac already owns the rights to a couple sites that will be associated with the A-10, so once we join the league, we will be using the new A-10 site name that was registered. So the other schools will not be using “ninernation.net” for their boards.

2. The site is obviously a work in progress. We’ll be making changes as we go along and that’s why I encouraged feedback. We’ll listen to what’s said and adjust along the way. The logo banner is just a basic setup to get us going. We’ve already talked about having a more sophisticated logo designed and we can spice up the banner as well. We’ll just make do for now and as time permits, we’ll make some changes.

[i]Originally posted by CharlotteAlum[/i]@Jun 11 2004, 08:02 AM [b] If, and when, other A-10 schools are added, will the domain remain NinerNation? I just question whether other school's fans would want to associate with it entitled that way... But otherwise, great new site! I can't wait to explore it all! [/b]
If/When A-10 schools are added, you will see no changes to ninernation.net at all other than being able to access the new forums.

I’m taking a different tact with the new setup and there will be a main site for A-10. All sites in the group will access the same forum backend, but the sites themselves will seem more independent before as they will each have their own domain of their choice. The way I’ll approach it is every school will have a forum and have access to it from the main site at least. If the anyone from that school wants to take on handling their own site such as ninernation, they’ll have that option.

So, hopefully we’ll end up with a community that feels more homey to each individual school…

[i]Originally posted by Southern Pines N Da House[/i]@Jun 11 2004, 08:03 AM [b] Overall content is awesome!! One thing I would say is work on the main heading where it says NinerNation. Add a little more eye catching title or pics of niners in action or something. The actual title is a little dull. Everything else is awesome!! [/b]
I totally agree, but I suck at graphics and the cost of "good" logo design can be expensive. It's something we went in knowing it would be tweaked...

Could we have one townhall forum and one pro sports forum at least until they get active? The townhall forum on CUSA-talk used to be active until it was split into three different forums. Now only the politics forum gets any attention.

No one likes clicking through lots of different links especially for boards that are rarely posted on. I believe one board would get more traffic.

That’s an option. Was hoping to keep topics separate but your point is valid. I’ll play around with it this weekend and do some consolidating until the demand for more forums exists.

Is there anyway to get this site linked from the Charlotte athletics site…It would be helpful in guiding more fans that don’t know about these forums as well as our oponents who wish to talk some smack. Can this be “The official forum of the Charlotte 49ers”?
The site looks great…I would suggest some bolder colors though…not this pansy pastel green…maybe use the green like on the old cusa site with some black…Otherwise great site and great job guys!

[i]Originally posted by niner007[/i]@Jun 11 2004, 10:26 AM [b] Is there anyway to get this site linked from the Charlotte athletics site...It would be helpful in guiding more fans that don't know about these forums as well as our oponents who wish to talk some smack. Can this be "The official forum of the Charlotte 49ers"? The site looks great....I would suggest some bolder colors though...not this pansy pastel green....maybe use the green like on the old cusa site with some black....Otherwise great site and great job guys! [/b]
As for the colors, if you go real dark with the green, then it makes it really difficult to incorporate additional layers (images, text, etc.) on top of it. With the backdrop being lighter, it's much easier to work on top of it. With that said, the option to go a bit darker is there if need be.

As for the direct link from the Athletic site, it’s a little more complicated than just having them link to us. Some legalities involved but that would be super. We’ve love to be recognized by the school as the “official” messageboard site for the 49ers. We’ll just take it one day at a time though and continue to grow.

GREAT site, I was just told about it and I think it’s exceptional!
You guys have continued support from NinerReport.com over here.
Just wanted to stop by and say everything was looking great…
-Jason

[i]Originally posted by Jordan_NinerReport[/i]@Jun 11 2004, 12:13 PM [b] You guys have continued support from NinerReport.com over here. -Jason [/b]
Likewise Jason...enjoy your site as well. Glad we can both coexist and provide two great environments for Niner fans!

By the way, everyone should try to at least submit your location and birthday within your profile. It’s always nice to know where some of you are typing from. And your birthday will show up on the birthday announcement block on the homepage. If you don’t want anyone to know your age, just choose “1905” for the year since it’s a required field.

Totally optional but helpful!

Well done sums it up nicely.

Guys, you hyave done a great job with the new site. This is one old timer who says just great you young whippersnappers

First off, we have a love/hate relationship with Huggins. If he needs help, I hope he gets it. Want to see him return and continue to play us so I can continue to love the game but hate Huggins. However, if he does not follow the UC Administration wishes, he should be gone. Would anything less happen to any of us in our jobs?

[i]Originally posted by CharlotteAlum[/i]@Jun 11 2004, 08:02 AM [b] If, and when, other A-10 schools are added, will the domain remain NinerNation? I just question whether other school's fans would want to associate with it entitled that way... But otherwise, great new site! I can't wait to explore it all! [/b]
cool site guys!! you can run, but you can't hide. i'll find you.

every a10 school has an active forum of some sort. unfortunately, none of them are networked. dayton, duquesne, temple and richmond all have rivals sites, and i believe there is a charlotte rivals site as well, but nothing currently exists like the old cusa talk. i like the idea of networking them all, but people re entrenched pretty deep into their own forums.

here is a list of all the links on the general a-10 forum. you may find it helpful. feel free to add them to this site if you want. just one more season and you’ll be in with us. i’m personally looking forward to it.

later,

xubrew

http://www.basketballboards.net/forum/show…5127&forumid=79