What Happened to E-Vic & Thorne?

They go to Marshall (Whiteside) so why wouldn’t they come to Charlotte. Charlotte is a better school, city, etc.

Major is a size king pure and simple. Talent and skill not important so he recruits and plays based on measurements. ???

If he doesn’t wake up he will put the Charlotte basketball program TO SLEEP.

They go to Marshall (Whiteside) so why wouldn’t they come to Charlotte. Charlotte is a better school, city, etc.

Major is a size king pure and simple. Talent and skill not important so he recruits and plays based on measurements. ???

If he doesn’t wake up he will put the Charlotte basketball program TO SLEEP.[/quote]

i get that you are upset about deuce not playing more, i am also but you are basically saying that the new guys dont have skill which is simply not true. i think that deuce should start over derrio but going after size is a good thing. if you believe that the new guys, especially henry, dont have skill then you clearly werent watching the game. even with five star freshmen, there are going to be going pains. thats just how it goes.

Major’s fault. Marshall killed us in local recruiting for a brief stretch. Tirrell Baines, Damier Pitts and Hassan Whiteside were all guys we were after that wound up going there. Eladio Espinosa also, but I don’t think we really recruited him much.

Major’s fault. Marshall killed us in local recruiting for a brief stretch. Tirrell Baines, Damier Pitts and Hassan Whiteside were all guys we were after that wound up going there. Eladio Espinosa also, but I don’t think we really recruited him much.[/quote]Oh I was in no way blaming Major. He wasn’t even here when Whiteside committed. Whiteside was a tremendous miss for our program. Whiteside + Braswell + Jones + Spears inside would have been a ridiculous front court.

I’m blaming Major. Should have signed Whiteside instead of Thorne. Immediate impact kid.

NO one said thorne would be an immediate impact. I don’t recall anyone saying EVN would be a scorer, he’s more of a multi-faceted player, rebound, pass, defense and slash. He was never proclaimed to be a scorer or the cure to our offensive issues.

Only Henry, Jarvis and Rodney White were impact players as freshmen. Demarco, Withers, Basden, Jobey and Dinkins were good, but got better each year. Diego was good, but Henry and Jarvis were phenoms.

Oh, and Cornbread’s stats his freshman year were OK.

Wrong, again. Nobody said Thorne and Nickerson were going to save our program this year either. There probably was some hope that EVN would be able to contribute more than he has thus far. But its only 4 games into the season and that’s a far cry from “saving the program”.

There’s a reason they come here instead of the ACC. Once you accept this premise life is much less stressful.

clt says that attitude is rubbish.

clt says that attitude is rubbish.[/quote]

clt saying it’s rubbish don’t mean it ain’t true…

clt saying it’s rubbish don’t mean it ain’t true…[/quote]

clt asks how we beat wake forest, georgia tech, and clempson recently. our players were clearly inferior.

clt saying it’s rubbish don’t mean it ain’t true…[/quote]

clt asks how we beat wake forest, georgia tech, and clempson recently. our players were clearly inferior.[/quote]

Fair point- the ACC actually sucks. We need to seperate UNC-CH and Duke from the rest. Basically we ain’t getting the Plumblee kids, we get Thorne and he is simply a project, as most of our big guys are.

We don’t get Harrison Barnes, we get Nickerson and he simply isn’t ready to play yet.

I hope these guys develop- they better.

Can’t agree with that, I’ve been a fan since mid 80s, there have been many freshman play immediately that contributed in big fashion:
Andre Davis, Shanderick Downs, Braswell, Rod Howard, Clinton Hinton, Demon Brown, Dewhurst, Wilderness, Vince Greir, and Jobey. None of those kids were NBA’ers. Those were just off the top of my head, I’m sure there are 20 more freshman who were solid contributors day 1. Let Thorne and Williams play and take their lumps now vs bad teams. That is why you play a weak schedule to build confidence. Major sitting 2 of his recruits proves that he is not “playing his guys” but instead trying to win at all cost now. Frankly vs this competition, that is troubling.

I am saddened we have sunk so low that some Niner fans are now trying to put Lamar, ETSU, and Cent Mich billed as good teams. We purposely put together the weakest possible schedule to wins some ballgames. (New Mex State beat Cent Mich by 30 yesterday :-X )

Wasn’t New Mexico State a top 25 team last year at times? We didn’t win 1/2 of 25 games!

They finished under 500 too… You are thinking of New Mexico.

Thanks S. Early morning shopping has my brain fried.

Saw the updates, you braved the madness- gotta be tired.

Saw the updates, you braved the madness- gotta be tired.[/quote]Shopped midnight to 6:30, just woke back up. Tired as hell, but prob going back out to get a tree and check out lowes/home depot.