What if Beilein goes to State then WVU goes after Huggins

hahah are you serious?

[QUOTE=hky49er;170763]:hammer:By my count six(6) coaches, not four(4) have rejected NCState. the Observer is not counting Lon Kruger (ASU) and John Brey(LSU) that NCState publicly said they were interested in but rejected them before they could offer them a deal. And these are the public rejections we know about. How many more are there we are not aware?[/QUOTE]

The funny part is that those keeping up with this or even watching ESPN know there are others that were contacted and said no. I wonder why the Observer’s count is incorrect when State is one of Charlotte’s “regionallly local” teams.

Sorry, but I couldn’t resist. :smile:

hahah are you serious?

burn haha nice one

We went through something like this when Mike Pratt was fired. First, we offered the job to Gary Williams who I believe was at American University at the time.

Williams turned us down and then the job was offered to Eddie Fogler, who was then an assistant to Dean Smith. Same result.

Then we offered it to Steve Cottrell of Western Carolina. He turned it down.

John Boy and Billy had a field day with all of that. They kept saying people like Floyd the Barber had turned down the job.

Then we ended up with Wissel and the dark days began.

John Boy and Billy talked about it? Wow, they have been around forever.:wow:

“John Boy and Billy talked about it? Wow, they have been around forever.”

I think they have been in Charlotte since around 1980.

Thanks to Dax for the blockbuster on Phil Ford. This also just in: Phil Hartman was murdered.

no problem i love putting my thoughts and beliefs into this board. even if they are delayed.

This also just in: Phil Hartman was murdered.

YOU LIE!!!:ohmy:

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/14443961.htm

Ford not a candidate.

I’m reading the NC State Board…and they keep gettin set off by this guy claiming to have “inside info” about Barnes taking the job…I wonder who that guy is!!! :wink:

Leave those silly state fans alone Max!

"Phil Ford. What is there to all the media speculation that he might be a candidate for the position? I can say with 100% certainty that he is not a candidate for the head coaching position at NC State. From what we’ve gathered through our sources, Ford had been contacted by someone not affiliated with the coaching search, who passed along the necessary contact information to Ford.

If Ford contacted Fowler, does that mean he is a candidate for the job? No. Fowler will talk to any coach in the profession, especially given Ford’s NBA background, but that doesn’t mean Ford is a candidate. Again, Ford IS NOT Ford a candidate or will ever be a candidate for the NC State position."

Ford obviously is not a candidate.

[URL=http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/sports/colleges/14438595.htm][COLOR=black]http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/sports/colleges/14438595.htm[/COLOR][/URL]

“Lavin said Fowler’s offer of an annual salary of between $1.3 million to $1.5 million was sufficient, but Lavin had concerns related to the security aspect of the contract’s buyout clause if he were to be fired.”

Lavin wanted the job but he wasn’t offered enough money on his buyout clause.

"Beilein has been extremely tight-lipped about any kind of formal statements, and it might be that he and N.C. State athletic director Lee Fowler are having only personal conversations. State has allegedly still not asked WVU’s permission to speak with Beilein, which is not required but normally done as a token of respect to another program.

It is known that Beilein was not in his office all day. Conflicting first-hand statements were made as to whether he was in Morgantown or Raleigh.

Many of N.C. State head boosters have told us that the deal with Beilein is done and he will be the next head coach at N.C. State but the buyout is sticky. Beilein has a $3 million buyout in his contract with West Virginia. N.C. State will NOT pay this buyout. It ended a deal he had in place with Indiana to become their next head coach. It’s simple. If N.C. State can get around the buyout, he will be the next head coach. If they can’t, he won’t. Beilein wants to be the next head coach at N.C. State so bad that he has offered to play $1.5 million of the $3 million buyout.

“The buyout is incredible,” the source told Fox Sports’ Jeff Goodman. “I think he wanted to do it, but couldn’t.” "

Beilein wanted the job but State didn’t want to pay the buyout. That’s how the deal fell through.

So calm down guys. Ford is NOT a candidate (however I’m saw Sean Miller from Xavier could be, although Tubby Smith has made several calls trying to get an interview. But Tubby Smith is also trying to get to the NBA.). Lavin reported that he took his name out of the coaching consideration from State because he was afraid he’d fail and he wanted more money when he did. And Beilein wanted to be the coach at State so bad that he offered to pay half of his $3 million buyout and him coming out and saying he wasn’t interested in the job was just so he wouldn’t lose the backing of the people from West Virginia, which makes sense. Why would he come out and say “I wanted the job really bad but we couldn’t work out a contract.” ?

Barnes ain’t going to Raleigh Cass. What board is that?

[QUOTE=Booker4Wooden;170659]Lavin was never officially offered the job. I don’t know how it is possible to turn down a job you weren’t offered. The article is to save face. Lutz could say he turned down the job if he wanted to. That doesn’t mean he was offered the job. Lavin was in discussions but they never offered him a chance to be the next coach.[/QUOTE]

You were wrong yesterday. What makes you right today with all this other garbage?

Where was I wrong yesterday?

How is it garbage when I provide links and quotes from other articles? And then just sum it up underneathe for those that don’t want to open the links? :huh:

And what do UNC- Charlotte and Winston Salem State have in common?

National Championships

ANd what do UNC- Charlotte and Kansas State have in common?

Not Delonte Hill and Michael Beasley cause they have them and you don’t

Have fun next year in the Atlantic Sun Junior College Conference!

:lmao: :grin: :lmao: :grin: :lmao: :lol: :tongue: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :grin:

NC State is running out of options. Anyone think Lutz will ever become a target, because he is looking pretty good right now to me?

Don’t you need to clean up the barn stalls or something?

[QUOTE=packattack;170930]And what do UNC- Charlotte and Winston Salem State have in common?

National Championships

ANd what do UNC- Charlotte and Kansas State have in common?

Not Delonte Hill and Michael Beasley cause they have them and you don’t

Have fun next year in the Atlantic Sun Junior College Conference!

:lmao: :grin: :lmao: :grin: :lmao: :lol: :tongue: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :grin:[/QUOTE]

Does this even make sense??? Isn’t mike and delonte the very reason we have something in common with k-state…

good try i guess…

now…go get turned down by another coach!!!